ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 18 Ways to Destroy a Party (DIRTY WORK content!) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
August 17th, 2004 10:00 AM
Snappy McJack I do not agree with this!

http://www.music-online-store.com/favr/62TFFNH1VT4Q.html
August 17th, 2004 10:10 AM
Jumacfly Kenny G got the best brushing i ve ever seen
August 17th, 2004 10:13 AM
Gazza I thought this review was pretty funny:

"But (Mick's) singing is the most depressing thing about the LP: he sounds like he's hacking up a lung. This is Mick's vocal nadir

and this heading
"YOU'D BE ANGRY TOO IF YOUR SINGER WORE THOSE PANTS"

[Edited by Gazza]
August 17th, 2004 10:45 AM
Joey
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
I do not agree with this!

http://www.music-online-store.com/favr/62TFFNH1VT4Q.html

Mick Jagger pounded out the vocals to " Dirty Work " during his lunch hour one Tuesday Afternoon in 1985 .

.............speaking of " pounding out !!! "

Developing ..........................literally !

************* END TRANSMISSION ****************
August 17th, 2004 11:03 AM
beer Not many people know this, but The Stones were arrested immediately after the Release of 'Dirty Work'. They were charged with crimes against Humanity, and sonic terrorism.
August 17th, 2004 11:04 AM
jb At first, I thought it was a "Jew " list....
August 17th, 2004 11:06 AM
Gazza >At first, I thought it was a "Jew " list....

Funny that, now you mention it!!! I hope there isn't a connection!
August 17th, 2004 11:12 AM
Nasty Habits Sonic Terrorism. Hacking Up Lungs. Crimes against humanity.

Please more sonic terrorism and lung hacking on your next record sirs!
August 17th, 2004 11:15 AM
beer

August 17th, 2004 11:30 AM
Joey
quote:
beer wrote:

Beer ....................you make Joey giggle !

August 17th, 2004 11:32 AM
beer You were the inspiration Joey. Any royalties i make off that post will go to you!
August 17th, 2004 11:34 AM
Joey
quote:
beer wrote:
You were the inspiration Joey. Any royalties i make off that post will go to you!

Bless You My Son !
August 17th, 2004 11:37 AM
telecaster I once drove from Chicago to Fla in a rental car with a cassette player and the only tape I had was Dirty Work
August 17th, 2004 11:45 AM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
I once drove from Chicago to Fla in a rental car with a cassette player and the only tape I had was Dirty Work

You make Joey scared .............

J. Fly !
[Edited by Joey]
August 17th, 2004 11:56 AM
egon it already starts with the album cover. nice colors boys!
August 17th, 2004 11:58 AM
Jumacfly Egon, imagine if they toured in such great suits!!
the dirty work technicolor tour!!

ps: Ronnie is so cute in pink
August 17th, 2004 07:56 PM
Lil Brian ...the promo poster was cool, a huge black & white group shot.
August 17th, 2004 08:02 PM
glencar Skip teh cover. The album had some great songs on it. Where oh where did Maxy go?
August 17th, 2004 09:49 PM
Soldatti Dirty Work it's a great album, great songs on it!
Hold Back, Back To Ze... ahhh!
ABRUPT END TRANSMISSION
August 18th, 2004 12:27 AM
Zack >buy this Album if you "Are" a "True" Barry Fan.

Look, jb wrote the Barry Manliow review!
August 18th, 2004 01:41 AM
beer I always admired Maxlugar's dedication to Dirty Work. I wish he still posted here. However, I still have never listened to it the whole way through. I've listened to all the songs, but i have never pressed 'Play' at the beginning, and let it reach the end. It is just terrible. I'm glad they didn't tour behind that album. It is the only Stones LP that I hate. I can find the good in the worst of their stuff, but not this time.
August 18th, 2004 02:43 AM
gypsy "Dirty Work" is just a nasty rumor...like the one about Timberlake performing w/ our Stones. Neither one ever happened!
August 18th, 2004 07:28 AM
Bob Tamp Dare I post since I will be shot, stabbed, and have a roasting skewer wedged up my ass? Oh, what the hell...you only live once.

DIRTY WORK IS NOT THEIR WORST ALBUM...UNDERCOVER IS.
COMPARE SONG TO SONG AND YOU'LL SEE.

LIES, LIES, LIES...YOU DIRTY JEZEBEL
August 18th, 2004 07:40 AM
CotchfordCat
quote:
jb wrote:
At first, I thought it was a "Jew " list....

I think this debate may possibly have proceeded quite satisfactorily WITHOUT this remark.

I obviously can't speak for anyone else, but I personally would rather you keep these comments to yourself in future.
August 18th, 2004 07:43 AM
egon That came from jb, he is our favorite jew on this board. I think you misunderstood him
August 18th, 2004 07:48 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
At first, I thought it was a "Jew " list....

1940 is over , JB....
August 18th, 2004 08:19 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
egon wrote:
That came from jb, he is our favorite jew on this board. I think you misunderstood him

And he used to draw long lists of celebrities who happen to be jewish. Maybe to point out the contribution of Jews to human accomplishments... or in the hope that one day he'll be on the list?
August 18th, 2004 08:29 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

And he used to draw long lists of celebrities who happen to be jewish. Maybe to point out the contribution of Jews to human accomplishments... or in the hope that one day he'll be on the list?

i m not sure he ll be on that list...
may be on the novogate top posters list!!!!!!
August 18th, 2004 09:17 AM
F505 I don't know who wrote this review but that man/woman is completely right

The WORST Rolling Stones album ever!
I just recently ordered both "Undercover" and "Dirty Work." I received "Undercover" a few days before "Dirty Work," and after listening to it, I didn't see how "Dirty Work" could possibly be worse. Well, it is - much worse. The only good song on the album is a cover of "Harlem Shuffle," every other song is absolutely terrible. "Dirty Work" makes "Undercover" look like "Let it Bleed;" and "Undercover" sucks pretty bad. In short, stay away from this album as well as "Undercover."
[Edited by F505]
August 18th, 2004 09:19 AM
beer Undercover, while having a truely shitty glaze of production on it, is better than the wretched pile of crap that is Dirty Work.
Page: 1 2 3 4