ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rumors of a Black Crowes Reunion (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 12th, 2004 10:33 AM
F505 The Southern Harmony was a real sensation for me when it was released. The power and energy of that record equaled the Stones in their best days. However after that the fun was over. I lost my interest with albums like Three Snakes and Lions. And the Stones once again lost a rival. Maybe the hardest part is not to make ONE good record but to stay at the top...
August 12th, 2004 06:56 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
i was in the princeton record exchange last week and saw an advance copy for 4 bucks, but figured I'd pass because I've been reserved to buying this album for months now (besides I got a big enough stack of CD's that day)
still haven't picked up Live at the Knitting Factory yet, I assume you have it Sway? How is it? I'll probably order it in a couple days because I'm hyped up enough about 'Paper' now. please tell me he does justice to Memo From Turner because other than that the songs are all pretty much the same on both releases. Is it more like the Metamorphosis or the London Years version?

Its worth buying for his version of "Memo From Turner" alone. He does it in the London Years style. It fuckin smokes!! You'll find yourself cranking that one all the time. He's done a few other cool Stones songs at his recent shows. But Memo's just blistering.

overall the Rich Robinson live record is very good. Its a rocker. Theres some clumsy moments. But its very cool. You can only buy it thru his website. I have an advance of his studio album "Paper" and it smokes the live record. The versions are tighter. Similiar to if you bought Talk Is Cheap and Live At The Palladium. Similiar track listing but different sounding. But like I said the live record is worth having for Memo alone. Plus, his cover of The Bands "Dont Do It" is great.
August 13th, 2004 01:19 AM
ResidentMule
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Its worth buying for his version of "Memo From Turner" alone. He does it in the London Years style. It fuckin smokes!! You'll find yourself cranking that one all the time. He's done a few other cool Stones songs at his recent shows. But Memo's just blistering.

overall the Rich Robinson live record is very good. Its a rocker. Theres some clumsy moments. But its very cool. You can only buy it thru his website. I have an advance of his studio album "Paper" and it smokes the live record. The versions are tighter. Similiar to if you bought Talk Is Cheap and Live At The Palladium. Similiar track listing but different sounding. But like I said the live record is worth having for Memo alone. Plus, his cover of The Bands "Dont Do It" is great.

awesome, compared to the London Years version, the one from Metamorphosis isn't worth covering. some people like it better I just don't see how. I'd just be pretty disappointed if I bought it and it wound up the other way

actually I'm a huge Crowes fan. after the second New Earth Mud CD came out, I liked it enough (there were a few I liked off the first one) that I'd somewhat "moved on" from the Crowes for hte time being, so now I'm catching up on all the related projects. gonna finally get Marc's solo album, and I found Burning Tree and Audley's Cry of Love cheap on amazon so I'll give them a shot. and I'll definitly order Knitting Factory this weekend. have any of Steve's or Ed's projects amounted to anything on CD yet? also can't wait to finally hear Andy with the Mule on a new record, but the Mule rocks with or without any Crowe-associations
and just when I finally feel like broadening out all this reunion stuff comes up. kinda funny that way
I'm still hoping for Tall or something like it (a fully mixed/mastered version)
August 18th, 2004 01:14 PM
Saint Sway I wouldnt get your hopes up about the Crowes ever officially releasing a remastered Tall album

but do pick up Marc Fords record - its really great. Chris's NEM records dont do anything for me but Marc's record and Rich Robinsons new record are excellent. They both rock. Definately better than 99% of records out there.

Steve's been touring with Stereophonics - Ronnie Wood's favorite band. Ronnie's good mates with Kelly Jones the Stereophonics singer.

I guess its wait and see if Steve will be part of this Crowes reunion or not

www.richrobinson.net

August 19th, 2004 09:35 AM
justinkurian This is from today's Billboard:

Chris Robinson Bags Fall Tour

Chris Robinson has canceled plans for a fall tour with his band New Earth Mud, amid growing speculation that he may re-team with his brother Rich under the Black Crowes moniker. As previously reported, the siblings have met recently with former manager Pete Angelus to discuss a potential reunion.

Angelus declined to comment, other than to say, "Keep your resin-covered fingers crossed."

Rich Robinson is prepping for the Aug. 24 release of his solo debut, "Paper," via his own Key Hole imprint. There's no word yet if he will tour in support of the set, in the wake of recently completed pre-release residencies in New York, Philadelphia and Boston.

Also foreshadowing a reunion is the recent reactivation of the Black Crowes' Web site, which has been largely dormant since the group announced a hiatus in 2002. The site hosts animation of two crow heads with lit joints in their mouths, as live Black Crowes audio clips play in the background.
August 19th, 2004 03:41 PM
Saint Sway thanks for the updated J

Rich Robinson is gonna tour. The 1st leg is the east coast beginning on Sept 14 - all major markets

anyone interested can check out dates on his website
www.richrobinson.net
August 19th, 2004 11:35 PM
full moon Is there any chance of Marc Ford being involved again? What about Steve and Ed?
August 20th, 2004 01:05 AM
ResidentMule as a huge Crowes fan, if Ed's not involved, I don't wanna hear about it (at least not under the same name)
better to learn to live without Steve and Marc. maybe one of them will rejoin one day, though I have very little hope that both will ever be in the Crowes again

I heard a runor that one of the possibilities was a set of rarities. probably just speculation, but I want this way more than a new album. I know we'll never get a real copy of Tall, but gimme Dirty Hair Halo, Bitter Bitter You, Wind and Wood Heart, Title Song, maybe even Bewildered and throw in stuff like Spider in the Sugarbowl and I dont think I could ask for much more

has Steve recorded on any Stereophonics albums? from what I understaood he's only been touring with them so far with no real plans to be a permanent member, but it kinda seemed inevitable
I think I tried getting into them once or twice. not bad but nothing stuck. do you have an opinion on them Sway?
August 20th, 2004 02:44 AM
MarthaMyDear A friend of mine, Alan Forbes, did a lot of the artwork for the Crowes and I just found out that he's in a four man show at the La Luz De Jesus Gallery here in Los Angeles (Los Feliz... East Hollywood, basically) in case anyone is interested... I missed the opening but I'll be going to see the artwork, etc., next week sometime... Here's more info., etc.!!! :

La Luz De Jesus Gallery

NOW SHOWING
August 6-29, 2004

A FOUR MAN SHOW

BOB DOB � ALAN FORBES
JON LANGFORD � MARK PILON

4633 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA. 90027
Phone (323) 666-7667 Fax (323) 663-0243
(800) YRU-POOP
E-mail us at [email protected]

*** Martha ***
August 20th, 2004 01:40 PM
Make It Funky Cheers for the info re: Black Crowes. Once upon a time, I used to be a huge chatter on their chatroom for BSW years ago. ('96 - '98).

And reading those obscure songs that you listed, I couldn't help but remember them all... I dont even know what "Feathers" or "Grinin'" sounds like.. but I loved the Small Faces cover tune, "3 Button hand Me down". Just Say YOu're Sorry.. Somebody's On Your Case (an old Katie Webster tune). I remember they did a stand-up version of "Silver Train" back in Toronto in '96. Fantastic show.

I know nothing about the TALL album - do you there's any realistic possibility? As music fans, we are so engendered to be optimistic about our favourite bands, with favourite eras etc..I dont know if I'd like a cleaner Black Crowes sound.. I would really want a release of back-catalogue material still collecting dust.. those songs are amazing. Ever heard of the slow burner, "Miserable"!?? Omg!! or one of my all time faves, "Waitin' Guilty". Fantastic.

Thanks also for the tips on Rich and a heads up on his music. Being here in Australia you tend to miss out in fresh material.

Cheers.
August 20th, 2004 03:24 PM
ResidentMule make it funky,
there's a bootleg version of the Tall album in circulation. the sound quality is rough which is why it would be a dream come true for me to have an official version, but the tunes are great. Tall never had an official tracklisting or anything, but what's out there is just somebody's guess of what the album would be based on the tracks that surfaced about a year ago. I wouldn't hold out any hope to get the full album ever released, but if they ever go witha rarities set, SOME of them gotta make the cut
if you want the bootleg cut, I can help you out
[email protected]
August 20th, 2004 04:51 PM
glencar I read somewhere that Kate was unhappy. Life is tough.
Page: 1 2