ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Court rejects plea for Brian Jones street Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 18th, 2004 07:48 PM
Soldatti You got a point Gazza, but I still think that the 1971 exile not was so good for the Stones on his country, the popularity of the band reamined on top but I feel that never was the same.
It's only a point of view (my point of view), many others English artists got more respect on his country than the Stones and here an example: the Stones NEVER NEVER got a Brit Award, the No. 1 music award on England.
How many important artists get this award?
All less the Stones...
August 18th, 2004 08:08 PM
Gazza The actual awards for best album etc , depend on the bands being nominated by their record company to begin with.

Plus, they only give Brit lifetime achievement awards to artists who turn up and play at their lame excuse for an awards show, which shows how phoney the whole thing is. Its completely geared for TV with no respect for longevity and creative talent.

A few years ago both the Who and the Eurythmics specifically REFORMED just to play the show and get their award. When Van Morrison was offered the award in 1994 he said he'd accept it but didnt want to play the show. They told him that theyd just give the award to someone else if he didnt. The whole show is a sham and a joke. To my knowledge the Stones have also turned down offers to play at it, which is why, to date, they have not been given a Lifetime Achievement Award. Its quite clear that the BPI are more concerned with getting a big name, established act to close their vapid show with a medley of their hits than they are for actually genuionely honouring such acts for their contribution to music.

The Stones, to their credit, have seen through this piece of crap for the phoney back slapping meaningless corruption-fest that it is.
August 18th, 2004 09:58 PM
Soldatti You're right Gazza.
I was thinking a little and I can't imagine Keith or Charlie (less Bill) with a brit award on his hands for oustanding contribution after 42+ years of the band start. That not is an award, it's a shame.
August 20th, 2004 11:14 AM
CotchfordCat Yup. Hear, hear, Gazza.
Page: 1 2