ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

Thanks Angie!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
May 16th, 2004 05:03 PM
Water Dragon I stand corrected...though I could only read the dedication information....and having read that Gypsy adores Anita, ASSumed the worst. Forgive me Voodo, and thank you for keeping this board on an even keel! Regards to you and your family!
May 16th, 2004 05:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels This link deserves a good viewing once in awhile.

http://www.rocksoff.org/ian-stubio.htm
May 16th, 2004 09:45 PM
gypsy Thanks, Voodoo! I JUST got on the computer for the first time today...and what a pleasant surprise. Thank you!
I would sure like to know what Suki's daughters are up to.
May 16th, 2004 10:08 PM
Water Dragon Did the children return to Britain after the death of their parents?
May 16th, 2004 10:12 PM
gypsy I don't know. I have researched it as much as I can...and have no idea if they live with their deceased father's parents in Hong Kong or where. No idea. And I wonder why it's so hard to find anything on Suki...and Linda Keith for that matter.
May 16th, 2004 10:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
This link deserves a good viewing once in awhile.

http://www.rocksoff.org/ian-stubio.htm

Thanks Se�or Moteles

I have a lot of additional pix of Stu and many of them have been posted here at the board but have not been uploaded to his website.

As a third priority that website will be updated soon, I?m finishing Nicky's then Brian's then Stu's and then Mick Taylor's websites
May 16th, 2004 10:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Water Dragon wrote:
and having read that Gypsy adores Anita

LOL now I see why! thanks for your nice reply
May 17th, 2004 12:23 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

To Gypsy!
� 1968, 1981 Globe Photos
May 17th, 2004 12:40 PM
stewed & Keefed
May 17th, 2004 02:47 PM
stewed & Keefed
May 17th, 2004 03:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Thanks Se�or Moteles

I have a lot of additional pix of Stu and many of them have been posted here at the board but have not been uploaded to his website.

As a third priority that website will be updated soon, I?m finishing Nicky's then Brian's then Stu's and then Mick Taylor's websites

Well, come on now. Let's move it! What's the hold up?
May 18th, 2004 01:36 PM
stewed & Keefed
May 18th, 2004 07:14 PM
stewed & Keefed
May 19th, 2004 11:03 AM
Water Dragon Aside from the obvious errors in this press item, have any of the Brits on this board heard anything else about this release?

EMI TO RELEASE DUSTY CARR / BRIAN JONES �SWIMMING POOL TAPES"�

- Long-lost recordings found in abandoned house trailer -

London, England, February 28, 2004 (API)

Following a rousing and uneven performance at the Vortex Jazz Barr, cult performer Dusty Carr discussed plans to release the oft-rumored but never heard �Swimming Pools Tapes" featuring performances by Carr and Brian Jones, the late, founding member of the Rolling Stones who died in 1969.

Frankly, I'd forgotten about that stuff, said Carr, referring to the musical collaboration. Some kids found the tapes, just outside of Waco, Texas, in a house trailer that I used to own - I mean rent - back in the early 1970s.

Carr says the songs were recorded beside Jones swimming pool, at Hartford, Sussex, during the evening of July 2 and the morning of July 3, 1969, just hours before Jones drowned under mysterious circumstances.

Brian and I had been together for most of that week, said Carr, wistfully recalling events of more than thirty years ago. “There was this small construction crew working on his house and the grounds. One day some worker woke me up at noon, hammering something. So I threw an empty bottle of Bols gin at him and cut the side of his neck open. From then on, it was a war! And I think that attitude is reflected in the music somehow.

Though the two musicians were pursuing different musical styles, Carr says that their friendship overcame dissension. Brian was really into African beat music, which frankly gives me the creeps, Carr explained. I get lost without a melody. But we liked each other and compromised by sitting around his pool and cutting jumped-up versions of stuff like Come Fly With Me, Misty, and my song You Are My Angel. We also sang some Stones stuff that he'd written, like Ruby Tuesday.

Carr said that when he left Jones for the last time, during the afternoon of July 3, the rock star seemed at peace. You'd be at peace too, Carr added, with those kinds of drugs kicking down your veins. Carr refused to speculate on the circumstances of Jones death, saying, some of the same guys who drowned him those builder guys that were working on his estate if they ever found out I ratted they might come after me.

Drake Collingwood, managing editor of NABS music magazine, was given the opportunity to hear the tapes before they underwent substantial editing and remixing. What we have here is a true rock artifact, but it's a pretty unsettling experience, said Collingwood. It begins with an enormous amount of screaming, and then the sound of someone getting punched, repeatedly, then a low sobbing. I believe I even heard an electric drill. At one point I distinctly heard a firearm discharged followed by the shriek of a cat. The music is interesting, but it's the background sound that is truly captivating. Some of that will remain.

Carr believes the tapes could be of value to people who are interested in the meeting of two musical talents, one on drugs and sloppy, the other drunk but coherent.

�The Swimming Pool Tapes"� will be released mid-2004 on the EMI Collector Series.

May 19th, 2004 12:13 PM
Gazza >Carr said that when he left Jones for the last time, during the afternoon of July 3, the rock star seemed at peace.

I'd like to think he would have been, considering he'd been dead for about 18 hours by that point!!!

Have to say, I've never heard a thing about these "tapes". Neither of their existence, let alone a 'release' schedule.
If you excuse the water-orientated pun, the whole thing sounds 'fishy'.

May 19th, 2004 01:03 PM
stewed & Keefed I agree with you Gazza,I have never heard of these tapes.
Water Dragon fails to mention where the source came from.
May 19th, 2004 02:01 PM
stewed & Keefed
May 19th, 2004 02:42 PM
stewed & Keefed
May 19th, 2004 02:48 PM
Nasty Habits This is the best thread you've ever started, 10,000 man.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
May 19th, 2004 10:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
This is the best thread you've ever started, 10,000 man.

LOL. That's funny.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 20th, 2004 02:48 AM
Water Dragon http://www.dustycarr.com/press_releases.htm

He toured with The Stones very early on, you will find the press release on his site!
May 20th, 2004 07:49 AM
didst thou seem
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

LOL. That's funny.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

No - the Rasputin one was the best.
May 20th, 2004 01:44 PM
stewed & Keefed
May 20th, 2004 01:52 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Thanks, Voodoo! I JUST got on the computer for the first time today...and what a pleasant surprise. Thank you!
I would sure like to know what Suki's daughters are up to.

Thanks Voodoo !
May 20th, 2004 02:01 PM
jb Thanks Voddoo and Joey!!! Very informative thread.
May 20th, 2004 02:04 PM
stewed & Keefed
May 20th, 2004 02:08 PM
stewed & Keefed
May 20th, 2004 02:09 PM
jb Nice posting ....a "double-shot"..
May 20th, 2004 02:11 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Nice posting ....a "double-shot"..

Yes , Thanks Stewed & Keefed very much for the pictures .

Thanks Josh !

Bercey !
May 20th, 2004 02:12 PM
stewed & Keefed Thank you
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17