ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 29th August
© Paulywaul, thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bob Dylan - 1966 World Tour: The Home Movies on DVD Return to archive
29th August 2006 05:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Bob Dylan - 1966 World Tour: The Home Movies on DVD
Monday, 28 August 2006
www.sohood.com

For the first time on home video, musician turned actor Mickey Jones chronicles the legendary 1966 Bob Dylan World Tour through his recently discovered home movies! With a set of drum sticks and his 8 mm color home movie camera, Mickey Jones toured the world in 1966 with Bob Dylan and The Band. He captured on film what became known as the tour that changed Rock and Roll forever - when Dylan traded in his acoustic guitar for an electric sound. This new version includes new, exculsive interviews with Charlie Daniels discussing his 1970’s Dylan album recordings, Johnny Rivers and Trini Lopez discussing Dylan’s influence on their music, 1966 World Tour soundman Richard Alderson on the tour sound, and Mickey Jones with new revelations, including the surprising truth about Play F#@%ing Loud!", contradicting the conclusion in Scorcese’s No Direction Home.

“Home movies aren't supposed to be this cool!” - Scott Bauer, ASSOCIATED PRESS

“The Home Movies is a rare glimpse of Dylan!” - David Fricke, ROLLING STONE

“Absolutely Fascinating!” - Phil Johnson, THE INDEPENDENT (UK)

Background Music performed by Highway 61 Revisited:
All Along The Watchtower, Ballad of a Thin Man, Highway 61 Revisited, Like A Rolling Stone, Positively 4th Street, Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again, Subterranean Homesick Blues, The Times They Are A Changin’, Watchin’ the River Flow

Bonus Features:
5.1 Dolby Digital Audio, Includes Exclusive and Unreleased: Acoustic and electric Bob Dylan and The Band concert footage from Europe and Australia, 1966 Tour photos by rock photographer Barry Feinstein, and 1960’s Tour footage of The Beatles, Chuck Berry, Trini Lopez, and Johnny Rivers.

-Ervin Colon

29th August 2006 07:33 AM
Gazza Thats been out over here for quite some time. A year at least I would think. Is this a new release in the US or something?

Its not as great as one would hope. More Mickey Jones than Dylan, unfortunately. A bit surreal to see footage of Dylan from 40 years ago just outside the building where I now work and am sitting right now, however!
29th August 2006 08:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thats been out over here for quite some time. A year at least I would think. Is this a new release in the US or something?

Well...I don't know...I checked the date on this review again. Maybe these guys aren't very time sensitive.

http://www.sohood.com/1/content/view/629/1/
29th August 2006 10:00 AM
paddy been around a few years.........not very good.in fact dire.
29th August 2006 10:04 AM
paddy there has been much rehashing of stuff lately including a 5 hour RTR/Gospel DVD and Tales From A Golden Age.

the best one to get though is the DONT LOOK BACK OUT TAKES

IMHO
29th August 2006 11:04 AM
Sir Stonesalot I have this DVD. It blows. Boring.

The '66 tour footage found in "No Direction Home" is far superior. This DVD is for completists only.

Rating: Avoid
29th August 2006 11:16 AM
HardKnoxDurtySox
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I have this DVD. It blows. Boring.

The '66 tour footage found in "No Direction Home" is far superior. This DVD is for completists only.

Rating: Avoid

The footage in "No Direction Home" is indeed great but it kept me longing for more. It proved that there was excellent footage in existense of the famous "Royal Albert Hall" concert. Now if only it could be released in its entirety...
29th August 2006 11:45 AM
jb Not in the slightest interested in Dylan ..
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)