ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 29th August
© Paulywaul, thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: London - Twickenham Stadium - Rumored 2000th Show Return to archive
26th August 2006 02:24 PM
stewed & Keefed Is now up on rs.com.
26th August 2006 04:33 PM
Gazza rs.com virtual ticket entry reads :

Title: London - Twickenham Stadium - Rumored 2000th Show

Date: Aug 26, 2006
Description: The Stones play for their hometown as rumors circulate that this may indeed have been their 2000th career concert!

Wow...glad they acknowledged it and thanks for letting me know. I e-mailed Chuck Leavell about this a couple of weeks back to tell him that, by my calculations, El Ejido was scheduled to be #2,000

Of course, Valladolid and El Ejido were subsequently cancelled which left Twickenham #2 as the one where they reached the magic number. A very appropriate location for it to have taken place.

I mentioned it to Stonesdoug the other day too and suggested he mention it to someone close to the band, so I'm not sure if it was him or Chuck who got the info through to the band's management, but thanks to whoever did.

The 1,000th show took place as far back as 1967. So,I sense we may have a bit of a wait until number 3,000.

[Edited by Gazza]
26th August 2006 04:34 PM
RollingstonesUSA Year 2046 here we come!
[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]
26th August 2006 05:51 PM
asdeguia "Valladolid and El Ejido were subsequently cancelled which left Twickenham #2 as the one where they reached the magic number. ****A very appropriate location for it to have taken place****"

PLS GAZZA: next concert in Spain pls tell me in davance if we make a square number.

signed:
a fan livng in a non appropriate city in a non appropriate country .... here we say ..."ALWAYS WILL BE CLASSES ...
26th August 2006 06:08 PM
Gazza er..I dont think for a second the Stones cancelled a show so that they could have their 2,000th show in London

I would doubt very much they even are aware of the number, or would have been aware of it at the time. Nor would they care.
26th August 2006 06:20 PM
asdeguia ... well here ..we broke statistics so next year... good knows with this guys...
imho there are places easy to cancel and places imposible ... buenos aires, london ...

... i know i´m talking from more deeply disappointment..
26th August 2006 06:51 PM
Gazza They never cancel London?

Try 1990, 1998 and 2003!!
[Edited by Gazza]
26th August 2006 07:07 PM
asdeguia same day of the concert???

news in the lunch time .... just for Spain...

regards....

26th August 2006 07:17 PM
Gazza
quote:
asdeguia wrote:
same day of the concert???

news in the lunch time .... just for Spain...

regards....

in 1990 - yes. Two shows (Cardiff (11th July) and London (13th July)) were called off mid afternoon with the fans standing outside at the time the band were playing the soundcheck because Keith's finger injury rendered him unable to play. London 14th July was called off on the 13th, I think.

in 1998 - entire UK tour called off 2 mths before the shows because they didnt want to pay any tax. They said theyd make up for it by playing 10-12 theatre shows around the country in addition to the rescheduled dates. They played one theatre show - in London.

in 2003 - twickenham #1 called off the day before (Amsterdam 3 days earlier was called off the day of the concert). Wembley #2 was brought forward by one day at a weeks notice - using the excuse of 'scheduling problems'. The reason was that Mick had been told weeks before not to sing two nights in a row, but they waited another 3 weeks to change the date.

With injuries and illnesses, you generally dont know until VERY short notice if you can sing or not. EVERY show this week has been in doubt. Mick was ONLY passed fit by his doctor last Saturday afternoon to sing on Sunday. I know that for a fact. He was quite clearly being careful with his voice based on what I heard and the choice of songs Tuesday's show and the Glasgow gig yesterday were also in doubt until the day of the show. There were very strong rumours Tuesday morning that the show would not take place. Mick's voice last night was stronger than it had been in London, so hopefully it will be Ok now for the remaining four concerts.
27th August 2006 06:01 AM
glencar 2000 shows? Wow! Nice that I was there for it. One of their better shows lately!
27th August 2006 06:41 AM
Honky Tonk Man Am I the only one who doesn’t think it's a big deal? 1000 shows by 67 is IMPRESSIVE, but another 1000 in 29 years isn’t quite so. I just don't think 2000 shows seems like a large number for band who has been gigging since 1962.
27th August 2006 07:04 AM
stewed & Keefed Gazza,

well done mate

opening text on video clip

rocksoff.net this week reported that RS would be performing their 2000th concert in London.

Steve

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
27th August 2006 09:33 AM
Gazza wow..I never noticed that. Cool. (and they did get the website address of "rocksoff.org" correct)
27th August 2006 09:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn’t think it's a big deal? 1000 shows by 67 is IMPRESSIVE, but another 1000 in 29 years isn’t quite so. I just don't think 2000 shows seems like a large number for band who has been gigging since 1962.

2,000 over 44 years (and 1,000 in 39 years) isnt as large a number as it could be - sure. Dylan's played about 1600 or so since 1988 alone, for example, and BB King has played about 200 a year for decades until cutting down recently

However, its a pretty large number for a band to have accumulated - or any act for that matter.
27th August 2006 11:01 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Gazza wrote:
wow..I never noticed that. Cool. (and they did get the website address of "rocksoff.org" correct)

When I downloaded video earlier it had rocksoff.net,after your post I went back to look and they had changed it to rockoff.org. I downloaded it again but now there is no audio.
27th August 2006 11:15 AM
lotsajizz shit, the Dead probably hit 2,000 shows before the 90's!
27th August 2006 11:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

When I downloaded video earlier it had rocksoff.net,after your post I went back to look and they had changed it to rockoff.org. I downloaded it again but now there is no audio.

I had trouble with the audio too...seems to be there for most of the second half of the feature
27th August 2006 11:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
shit, the Dead probably hit 2,000 shows before the 90's!

I would imagine so, yes.
27th August 2006 03:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes, now is rocksoff.org and it has no audio until some minutes later. Anyway thanks Gazza for six seconds and a half of glory LOL

WELL DONE MATE!
27th August 2006 03:55 PM
PartyDoll MEG Funny my video had sound...
Keith said that he really enjoyed the back and forth crazy banter on Rocksoff. Ronnie said that Voodoo was extremely talented artistically. Mick said he keeps track of Stone's details thanks to Gazza's tenacity and eye for detail. Charlie said "Rocks off isn't that one of our songs"
27th August 2006 04:01 PM
Gazza that old bastard Charlie!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)