ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 29th August
© Paulywaul, thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Police visit wild party by Stones' Wood Return to archive
25th August 2006 03:21 PM
Gimme Shelter NewsTrack - Entertainment
Police visit wild party by Stones' Wood
LONDON, Aug. 22 (UPI) -- A raucous party thrown by Rolling Stones' bassist Ronnie Wood was broken up by police after neighbors of his suburban London home complained, a report says.

The Daily Mirror said the 59-year-old singer threw the bash at his home in Kingston, Surrey, to celebrate the Stones' first performance in Britain in three years, but was forced to end the party when police visited at 4 a.m. Monday in response to noise complaints.

As part of the celebration at Wood's $28 million estate, revelers enjoyed more than $56,000 in alcohol while the Stones' bassist preferred his libation in the form of nitrous oxide gas, also known as laughing gas, the Daily Mirror said.

"Ronnie was inhaling it from balloons and doubling over in fits of giggles," one guest told the newspaper. "It was hilarious for him and just as funny to watch."

Not joining Wood in celebrating the Stones' Sunday performance at Twickenham rugby ground were his band mates -- the newspaper said they went home rather than attend the party.

25th August 2006 03:23 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
revelers enjoyed more than $56,000 in alcohol while the Stones' bassist preferred his libation in the form of nitrous oxide gas

this is what my friends and I call "Tuesday"
25th August 2006 03:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels That was posted a couple days ago.
25th August 2006 03:27 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

this is what my friends and I call "Tuesday"

nice!
25th August 2006 07:16 PM
Gimme Shelter Sorry, must have missed it.
25th August 2006 07:49 PM
mac_daddy
i didnt see it, either (i DO see to maynard ferguson threads, though)...

_____

now, i can totally see substituting one substance for another, but jeezus, no2..? wtf..? that shit kills serious brain cells. i mean, a little probably aint gonna hurt you, but if ronnie is sucking down balloons at the rate he used to drink, trying to capture the buzz he used to feel, man - that is a long f*cking row to hoe!!! i would almost think he would be better off with the booze and 'butts...

26th August 2006 11:37 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
NewsTrack - Entertainment
Police visit wild party by Stones' Wood
LONDON, Aug. 22 (UPI) -- A raucous party thrown by Rolling Stones' bassist Ronnie Wood was broken up by police after neighbors of his suburban London home complained, a report says.

The Daily Mirror said the 59-year-old singer threw the bash at his home in Kingston, Surrey, to celebrate the Stones' first performance in Britain in three years, but was forced to end the party when police visited at 4 a.m. Monday in response to noise complaints.

As part of the celebration at Wood's $28 million estate, revelers enjoyed more than $56,000 in alcohol while the Stones' bassist preferred his libation in the form of nitrous oxide gas, also known as laughing gas, the Daily Mirror said.

"Ronnie was inhaling it from balloons and doubling over in fits of giggles," one guest told the newspaper. "It was hilarious for him and just as funny to watch."

Not joining Wood in celebrating the Stones' Sunday performance at Twickenham rugby ground were his band mates -- the newspaper said they went home rather than attend the party.

How dumb is this journalist?

Not only does he refer to Ronnie as the "Rolling Stones bassist", but he does on to begin the next paragraph with "the 59 year old SINGER..."

Either he's a moron, or he is an expert like us and was simply thinking about performances of Jumping Jack Flash/Just My Imagination 1981 or It's Only Rock And Roll 1976 when he wrote the article.

Makes me want to start a new thread about how Keith and Ronnie should start singing backup again, no matter how rough they sound - it would be great fun.
26th August 2006 11:52 AM
mac_daddy i love it when keef sings backup...

26th August 2006 03:56 PM
UGot2Rollme wish I was there...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)