ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 29th August
© Paulywaul, thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GOOD NEWS (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
25th August 2006 02:43 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Sorry. I mean no harm by saying this, but that is one tremendously gay post.

Indeed.
25th August 2006 02:45 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:
Dogs are mans best friend....they are also good to treat old people who are lonely/alzheimers

Howe's Monster's faulty anal gland?
25th August 2006 02:46 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Howe's Monster's faulty anal gland?

He has had some unknown infection for a while...ever since some of his teeth were removed, he has had some problems..I have had him on an anti-biotic for a mont, and I am very upset.
25th August 2006 02:47 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
..the dyson is a beautifully designed as well as sharp looking suction device...I really need one.

And for Pete's sake keep the damn thing on your floors and away from ALL your lower extremities
25th August 2006 02:48 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:

And for Pete's sake keep the damn thing on your floors and away from ALL your lower extremities

Hello baby Parmeda....in the words of keith regarding Chicago summitt"This place is empty, this place is empty, this place is empty w/out you"...........Keep working hard!!! We all love you!!!
25th August 2006 02:49 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

the cereal thread had such potential...
25th August 2006 02:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I am certainly not proud of being afraid of fish, but I am proud of the home I provide for my pugs and the tremendous advantages I make available to them. This is merely a look into the person that is me away from the board, I have made their dreams come true.

You seem to be under quite a bit of stress lately, when I was under tremendous stress earlier in the year, JB recoomended a green tea enema....you may want to consider this as a full cleansing will rejuvinate the body, mind, and soul. You will be in my thoughts!
25th August 2006 02:51 PM
parmeda Josh, you're insane.

I still adore you, though!
25th August 2006 02:51 PM
jb "Come on baby bear your breats and make me feel at home, thios place is empty, this place is empty, this place is empty w/.out you"

we suck!!!
25th August 2006 02:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

you have been missed my dear friend. others who have not been seen recently:

25th August 2006 02:52 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Josh, you're insane.

I still adore you, though!

I can't wait to meet you one day....I am putting it on my list of things to do before dying.
25th August 2006 02:53 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

JB recoomended a green tea enema....you may want to consider this as a full cleansing will rejuvinate the body, mind, and soul. You will be in my thoughts!

Raisan Bran works well too.

(shhhhh..... the cereal thread is making a comeback)
25th August 2006 02:53 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am certainly not proud of being afraid of fish, but I am proud of the home I provide for my pugs and the tremendous advantages I make available to them. This is merely a look into the person that is me away from the board, I have made their dreams come true.

You seem to be under quite a bit of stress lately, when I was under tremendous stress earlier in the year, JB recoomended a green tea enema....you may want to consider this as a full cleansing will rejuvinate the body, mind, and soul. You will be in my thoughts!

25th August 2006 02:54 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Funny!!!
25th August 2006 03:02 PM
Some Guy Caddyshack/ cereal thread debate saved this thread.
25th August 2006 03:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Funny!!!

many are threatened by my rapid ascension to the top, see my shidoobee post below:

Quote:This is horseshit. 450 a ticket is a shitload of money, no matter what your income bracket is. Like Mr. Lawyer (apparently) I too am an attorney. I cannot afford to pay this amount for every single show I wish to attend, or else I will have to let Mrs. tkl7 and tkl7 jr. go hungry. Needless to say, this will piss them off. I have bills and student loans to pay. If I had the money I would spend it, but I don't. The reason sales are weak is because of PRICE. Furthermore, the Stones are NOT uncool. I see the hipsters here in New York in Stones T-Shirts all the time

Very few people in this country can go to every event they want to go to, it is all about choices. The good majority of the stones target audience can afford to buy 2-4 tickets at top price without taking food from their family's mouth.

While not an attorney, I earn a very comfortable living, I have no credit card debt, I have no car payment, I have no school loans and choose to spend a portion of my income on traveling to see several stones shows a year (along with a few other trips and a few Pearl Jam shows when they are on the road). How is this possible? My work ethic is second to none, and my dedication to my family is with few peers. At age 28 (will be 29 on Tuesday), I did not like the opportunities that had presented themselves to me five years ago and put matters into my own hands and have just built a 6000 Square foot house, purchased my second new car of the year, and booked a suite in Las Vegas to spend Veterens Day weekend in to see the stones with my lovely wife. This is in addition to booked trips to Wildwood and Louisville.

Six years ago, I was driving a 1989 Chevy Pickup truck with 124K miles on it, living in a one bedroom apartment living check to check, and had to ask my wife to take a part time job just to get by. I did not like that, and now my major decisions are along the lines of "Do I have time to stop at the tailor before a client meeting? or "Do I want to purchase my wife tickets to a play or a new pair of earings?" I enjoy this much more! I'd be lying if I didnt acknowledge that Josh (Mr. L.) didnt help me with this. Apparently when we spoke for the first time, he saw a little bit of a young Mr. L. in me and has been offering me invaluable advice and support and has played a key mentoring role in my personal and professional development, and I owe him a debt of gratitude for this.

That being said, it is possible for any of us to set themselves into a position to attend whichever shows they want to, so I will not buy high prices as an excuse for poor sales, it is oversaturartion, poor marketing, and subpar public relations.

Oversaturation of market has most to do with shows not selling. Even basic economic training will tell you that Louisville, KY has far less top bracket earners than NYC or Chicago, but the show sold very well there as opposed to markets they are oversaturating. Similar patterns and comparisons for Boise, Regina, and a couple of others. Please look at all variables before responding with anger. I attack no one, yet back up my statements/points with solid facts and testimony.
25th August 2006 03:06 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

many are threatened by my rapid ascension to the top, see my shidoobee post below:

Quote:This is horseshit. 450 a ticket is a shitload of money, no matter what your income bracket is. Like Mr. Lawyer (apparently) I too am an attorney. I cannot afford to pay this amount for every single show I wish to attend, or else I will have to let Mrs. tkl7 and tkl7 jr. go hungry. Needless to say, this will piss them off. I have bills and student loans to pay. If I had the money I would spend it, but I don't. The reason sales are weak is because of PRICE. Furthermore, the Stones are NOT uncool. I see the hipsters here in New York in Stones T-Shirts all the time

Very few people in this country can go to every event they want to go to, it is all about choices. The good majority of the stones target audience can afford to buy 2-4 tickets at top price without taking food from their family's mouth.

While not an attorney, I earn a very comfortable living, I have no credit card debt, I have no car payment, I have no school loans and choose to spend a portion of my income on traveling to see several stones shows a year (along with a few other trips and a few Pearl Jam shows when they are on the road). How is this possible? My work ethic is second to none, and my dedication to my family is with few peers. At age 28 (will be 29 on Tuesday), I did not like the opportunities that had presented themselves to me five years ago and put matters into my own hands and have just built a 6000 Square foot house, purchased my second new car of the year, and booked a suite in Las Vegas to spend Veterens Day weekend in to see the stones with my lovely wife. This is in addition to booked trips to Wildwood and Louisville.

Six years ago, I was driving a 1989 Chevy Pickup truck with 124K miles on it, living in a one bedroom apartment living check to check, and had to ask my wife to take a part time job just to get by. I did not like that, and now my major decisions are along the lines of "Do I have time to stop at the tailor before a client meeting? or "Do I want to purchase my wife tickets to a play or a new pair of earings?" I enjoy this much more! I'd be lying if I didnt acknowledge that Josh (Mr. L.) didnt help me with this. Apparently when we spoke for the first time, he saw a little bit of a young Mr. L. in me and has been offering me invaluable advice and support and has played a key mentoring role in my personal and professional development, and I owe him a debt of gratitude for this.

That being said, it is possible for any of us to set themselves into a position to attend whichever shows they want to, so I will not buy high prices as an excuse for poor sales, it is oversaturartion, poor marketing, and subpar public relations.

Oversaturation of market has most to do with shows not selling. Even basic economic training will tell you that Louisville, KY has far less top bracket earners than NYC or Chicago, but the show sold very well there as opposed to markets they are oversaturating. Similar patterns and comparisons for Boise, Regina, and a couple of others. Please look at all variables before responding with anger. I attack no one, yet back up my statements/points with solid facts and testimony.

that post possibly killed the thread.
25th August 2006 03:08 PM
gypsy Smalls' (the Yorkie puppy) testes have yet to descend, so I cannot have him neutered.
25th August 2006 03:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

it was heading in a very repetitive and unpopular direction (also see: recent praising of Streets of Love as a setlist choice!)
25th August 2006 03:10 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Smalls' (the Yorkie puppy) testes have yet to descend, so I cannot have him neutered.

I am told that one of Monsters testicles did not decend. Once you have Smalls Nuetered, he will become much more needy (in a good way) and will cherish your attention. You are handling your new companion like a true champion!
25th August 2006 03:10 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

it was heading in a very repetitive and unpopular direction (also see: recent praising of Streets of Love as a setlist choice!)

you didn't get where you are by making bad choices, you were thinking outside the box.
25th August 2006 03:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

no shit!

I just regurgitated some of last nights Southern Comfort
25th August 2006 03:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

you didn't get where you are by making bad choices, you were thinking outside the box.

Don't sell yourself short, you are not a slouch, but rather an intelligent and willing contributor to each discussion, whether it is parallell or perpendicular to what is perceived as the "right point of view" I respect that!
25th August 2006 03:18 PM
sirmoonie We can salvage it. Its not a great thread, but its the only one we have with possibilities of 500.
25th August 2006 03:19 PM
voodoopug
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
We can salvage it. Its not a great thread, but its the only one we have with possibilities of 500.

we are counting on your support with this one...due to the inactivity of many here, we have to play the cards we are dealt.
25th August 2006 03:20 PM
Saint Sway I have a hangover that could kill an army platoon and Pug's gay ass posts are not helping one bit
25th August 2006 03:22 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

we are counting on your support with this one...due to the inactivity of many here, we have to play the cards we are dealt.

"As you know, you go to threads with the posters you have, not the posters you might want or wish to have at a later time." - DR
25th August 2006 03:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

"As you know, you go to threads with the posters you have, not the posters you might want or wish to have at a later time." - DR

you have already eclipsed the leadership of Dusty Baker.....fine choice of words!

25th August 2006 03:26 PM
Some Guy Humiliationism.
25th August 2006 03:34 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
you have been missed my dear friend. others who have not been seen recently:

ROTFLMAO! I've got to give it to ya, pug...

I never did like these two jackasses from the get-go.

Cry baby MFer's.

And you'll be proud to know that I do indeed heckle their asses every chance I get...most recently, this past Wednesday evening! The entire bullpen caught my wrath...
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)