ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 29th August
© Paulywaul, thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Streets Of Love Live Is A Good Thing Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th August 2006 09:04 AM
glencar Wow, Mick really CAN sing! I only saw it the one time but everyone agreed that it was a great tune done live. They made a HUGE mistake by not doing this one last year in the US.
24th August 2006 09:13 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wow, Mick really CAN sing! I only saw it the one time but everyone agreed that it was a great tune done live. They made a HUGE mistake by not doing this one last year in the US.

Wow...you are very tired, no???
24th August 2006 09:19 AM
glencar I'm exhausted, Joshy but I know what I like. I hope it ends up in their virtual ticky thing at rs.com. Please don't be held captive to your previous notions, Joshy. You're better than that. BTW I spent a fine night drinking & chatting with some Irish lawyers. They're quite witty/interesting & they know a few great jokes!
24th August 2006 09:25 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm exhausted, Joshy but I know what I like. I hope it ends up in their virtual ticky thing at rs.com. Please don't be held captive to your previous notions, Joshy. You're better than that. BTW I spent a fine night drinking & chatting with some Irish lawyers. They're quite witty/interesting & they know a few great jokes!

Did you greet Gazza? How was the flight?
24th August 2006 09:25 AM
Some Guy I stated that this song would blow up and some would rue the day.
24th August 2006 09:34 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Did you greet Gazza? How was the flight?

I missed most people because I was with other people & they weren't in any hurry to get to the stadium. I saw some shidobeeees in the hotel bar at St Giles & I met StonesDoug a couple of times. The flights are awful. I won't be flying as much in the near future. Especially not overseas.
24th August 2006 09:46 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wow, Mick really CAN sing! I only saw it the one time but everyone agreed that it was a great tune done live. They made a HUGE mistake by not doing this one last year in the US.

Et tu Blue?...Et tu?
24th August 2006 09:46 AM
glencar all the way baby!
24th August 2006 09:51 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I missed most people because I was with other people & they weren't in any hurry to get to the stadium. I saw some shidobeeees in the hotel bar at St Giles & I met StonesDoug a couple of times. The flights are awful. I won't be flying as much in the near future. Especially not overseas.

Did you move your bowels on the airplane? I bring my own special wiped to clean and disinfect the seat.
24th August 2006 09:56 AM
glencar I always wipe the seat too. I had a noisy flight but still grabbed some sleep. Horrid movie selection. Inside Man was the best of the lot & I hate Spike Lee.
24th August 2006 09:59 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I always wipe the seat too. I had a noisy flight but still grabbed some sleep. Horrid movie selection. Inside Man was the best of the lot & I hate Spike Lee.

I dislike Spike Lee, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton,. Andrew Young, Cynthia McKinney , Mel Gibson, Pat Bucchanan, Rev. James Dobson, Charlie Ward, Allen Houston, Jimmy Carter, James baker 3, Cindy Shehan, Michael Moore, and most CNN reporters.
24th August 2006 10:01 AM
glencar Charlie Ward?
24th August 2006 10:05 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Charlie Ward?

Yes, along with Houston, made some offensive comments when with the Knickerbockers....
24th August 2006 10:08 AM
glencar Offensive about whom?
24th August 2006 10:12 AM
jb http://www.thenation.com/doc/20010702/alterman
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Offensive about whom?

Jews or lawyers...what else would get him riled up?
Dick Bush

glencar LOL
24th August 2006 10:15 AM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Jews or lawyers...what else would get him riled up?

Funny...and true!!!!(also ticket sales)
24th August 2006 10:15 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20010702/alterman

Good God, but Alterman is a blowhard!
24th August 2006 10:16 AM
glencar Paddy Buchanan's alright. What anti-semitic thing did Dobson say?
24th August 2006 10:17 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Paddy Buchanan's alright. What anti-semitic thing did Dobson say?

Nothing...but he is alwasy on Larry King live with his holier than thou crap...
24th August 2006 10:19 AM
glencar He's got Joementum!
24th August 2006 10:51 AM
ExileInLA are you guys kidding?

this is a throw away track. when you guys give songs like this their undue props, we let the stones quickly forget that they WERE an amazing ROCK AND ROLL band capable of playing some of the most kick ass ROCK AND ROLL on the planet.

fuck the streets of love. he should have saved it for his solo record due out after the stones hang it up this winter. can't these guys just rock out anymore?
24th August 2006 10:56 AM
jb In my opinion, the worst song ever written by MJ....a true embarrassment and why we have not had a hit since SMU.
24th August 2006 11:12 AM
glencar
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:
are you guys kidding?

this is a throw away track. when you guys give songs like this their undue props, we let the stones quickly forget that they WERE an amazing ROCK AND ROLL band capable of playing some of the most kick ass ROCK AND ROLL on the planet.

fuck the streets of love. he should have saved it for his solo record due out after the stones hang it up this winter. can't these guys just rock out anymore?

They've ALWAYS done ballads. From Day One. There's plenty of rock on ABB & I'd like to see It Won'tTake Long on stage when they rteurn to our beautiful country. It's good to be back here; it's good to be anywhere.
24th August 2006 12:59 PM
Egbert
quote:
glencar wrote:
They've ALWAYS done ballads. From Day One.

True, Blue:

As Tears Go By
Lady Jane
Ruby Tuesday
Wild Horses
Angie
Fool To Cry
Beast Of Burden
Sleep Tonight
Almost Hear You Sigh
Out Of Tears

to name a few. I don't understand how people (especially fans) can pidgeon-hole them as a rip-roaring, hard rock band. That's one facet, but they've always been much more than that.
24th August 2006 01:00 PM
Dan A rehearsal version of SOL was on Virtual Ticket. I like Pat Buchanan. He would have made a great president. I rarely watch CNN but I like Paula Zahn. Forget who else is on. I only watch cable when I visit my mom.
24th August 2006 01:31 PM
Poplar
I met Pat Buchanan when he gave Bush that scare back in '92. Smart, and amazingly funny guy.
So much of what that man said then rings very true today:
* Avoiding unnecessary international entanglements
* Controling immigration before it becomes an overwhelming burden on our society

With the exception of his views on some social issues (namely abortion and gay rights) he would be a good president.
24th August 2006 01:32 PM
Jair Wondering if someone could put a live version of SOL somewhere I can download. Many, many thanks!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)