ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 29th August
© Paulywaul, thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alice Cooper: I Hate TV Return to archive
23rd August 2006 07:59 PM
RollingstonesUSA Canada.com recently conducted an interview with shock-rocker ALICE COOPER. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow:

Canada.com: Most young rock bands play video games and party backstage. What do old rockers like you do back there?

Alice: The funny thing is I get there before a show and I watch really bad kung fu movies — and I mean really bad ones. I'm not talking about ones that you would ever recognize. Things like "The Seven Golden Vampires vs. The Shaolin Monks", you know. I don't know why that became an idiosyncrasy of mine but I get there about an hour-and-a-half before the show, watch that, get ready, start to put the make-up on, and by the time I am ready to go on, it's got me relaxed and ready.

Canada.com: You're still touring. Do you ever get tired of being on the road?

Alice: I'll tell you what, I would have been tired had I not have quit drinking. I quit drinking 25 years ago. When I was drinking I was getting very tired of the grind. Now it's been 25 years since I have had a drink I do a much higher energy show at the age of 58 then I did when I was 28.

Canada.com: What is one thing that people don't know about Alice Cooper?

Alice: Well, I collect watches. I have about 300 watches and I don't have any idea why. I am very, um, what you would call, um, an addictive personality. I also have 23 TVs in my house. It's just one of those things where, once I get into it… like I play golf six times a week. When I get into something I like, I do it a lot! I think that was part of the reason why I was an alcoholic too, you know — when I found something I liked, I did it to much. So I had to be very careful of what my addictions where.

Canada.com: I'm sure one of those 23 TVs is tuned to "Rock Star: Supernova" or "American Idol".

Alice: I absolutely hate those shows! I hate reality TV with a passion! When it comes to shows like "Survivor"… when they are all on the island, that's when the tsunami should hit. Right then! Take everybody off that island. The only reality show I liked is "The Contender". I like the boxing one because you're going to pick somebody in that fight anyway and then when you get the background on these guys — they've got kids, they've got a mother that's sick, they've got this and that — it turns that boxing match into something different. That's the only one I like. The others seem to be mean-spirited. And there has not been one rock act on "American Idol".

Read the entire interview at www.Canada.com.
24th August 2006 06:07 AM
Jumping Jack Wifey hanging with Chuck Garric in Knoxville for her Birthday show.

24th August 2006 08:07 AM
danielharris627 'When it comes to shows like "Survivor"… when they are all on the island, that's when the tsunami should hit. Right then! Take everybody off that island'

Hahhaha! I love him! Going to see him for the 3rd time on Monday, but playing golf :P hopefully I can meet him. Then the stones the next day :P
24th August 2006 07:24 PM
MrPleasant I hate golf.
25th August 2006 06:36 PM
Jumping Jack Hey Chris, 8th row aisle (easy upgrade) for Coop at the Ryman in Nashville the day after Churchill Downs. The Grand Ole Opry will never be the same again!!!

Gotta love a double scoup of Coop!!!
25th August 2006 08:14 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Hey Chris, 8th row aisle (easy upgrade) for Coop at the Ryman in Nashville the day after Churchill Downs. The Grand Ole Opry will never be the same again!!!

Gotta love a double scoup of Coop!!!

Hell yeah! Love the pic with Chuck, awesome!
[Edited by RollingstonesUSA]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)