ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Millennium Stadium, Cardiff 29th August
© Paulywaul, thanks!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones....a spent Creative Force? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
23rd August 2006 03:13 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The boys gotta come clean.
23rd August 2006 03:14 PM
Joey " The boys gotta come clean. "

23rd August 2006 03:19 PM
jb I would have to agree as far as putting any decent materail out since 1981. They can still be the greatest show on earth in concert at times, but yes, creatively they have been washed up for a long time imo. ABB was the final proof of that...a horrible album that had absolutely no appeal to anyone.
23rd August 2006 03:33 PM
Some Guy dudes are old.
23rd August 2006 03:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
I would have to agree as far as putting any decent materail out since 1981. They can still be the greatest show on earth in concert at times, but yes, creatively they have been washed up for a long time imo. ABB was the final proof of that...a horrible album that had absolutely no appeal to anyone.

Something's not right. ABB...ok...but Stones light. They need the producer from hell. That would be a step in the right direction.
23rd August 2006 03:34 PM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Something's not right. ABB...ok...but Stones light. They need the producer from hell. That would be a step in the right direction.

dudes are very old!!!
23rd August 2006 03:37 PM
Some Guy I gotta admit that I myself haven't put out any decent material since 1981.
23rd August 2006 03:40 PM
sammy davis jr. Yes, they are spent.
23rd August 2006 03:42 PM
Some Guy dudes are very old and don't give a shit. They have become the force that they once railed against.
23rd August 2006 03:43 PM
Joey " I gotta admit that I myself haven't put out any decent material since 1981."

I masturbate .

It's is true .... I do !
23rd August 2006 03:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
dudes are old.

That's neither here or there. Most artists create their best work while old. John Bunyan dictated Paradise Lost to his daughter while he was blind and dying. The Stones just aren't desperate enough....they need a wake up call. I don't know what that would be. They just don't seem to give a fuck. It's all money with them. New music doesn't seem to matter anymore. ABB was just going through the motions. One problem is that there's noone to take their place. They know that. Boycott them for awhile.....refuse to buy tickets and records....that's the ONLY thing that will get their attention.
23rd August 2006 03:45 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I gotta admit that I myself haven't put out any decent material since 1981."

I masturbate .

It's is true .... I do !

Some of the critics say that Joey hasn't put out any decent material since 1981.
23rd August 2006 03:45 PM
jb see Shelly Winters in 'Poesidon Adventure" ans Jack Albertson in "Chico ans the Man".
23rd August 2006 03:46 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

That's neither here or there. Most artists create their best work while old. John Bunyan dictated Paradise Lost to his daughter while he was blind and dying. The Stones just aren't desperate enough....they need a wake up call. I don't know what that would be. They just don't seem to give a fuck. It's all money with them. New music doesn't seem to matter anymore. ABB was just going through the motions. One problem is that there's noone to take their place. They know that. Boycott them for awhile.....refuse to buy tickets and records....that's the ONLY thing that will get their attention.

U2 is on that ass!

Plus we got that new Mick sitcom going for us.
23rd August 2006 03:47 PM
RollingstonesUSA Rick Rubin anyone....
23rd August 2006 03:47 PM
aladdinstory I don't think the band is creatively spent, I did think that after the four lame new tracks on 40 Licks but ABB is a step back into the right direction, a pleasant surprise and rocks convincingly for a group whose core members are 60+. I am not a fan of Don Was' production, though I think the guitar sound is much fuller on ABB than that of B2B & VL. They have recorded strong material post-81, unfortunately much of it is either 1)unreleased or released as b-sides 2) overproduced or 3)underdeveloped.
23rd August 2006 03:49 PM
jb The 4 songs on 40 Licks were truly the most embarrassing moents in my collective 43 yrs on earth...
23rd August 2006 03:49 PM
Some Guy
quote:
aladdinstory wrote:
I don't think the band is creatively spent, I did think that after the four lame new tracks on 40 Licks but ABB is a step back into the right direction, a pleasant surprise and rocks convincingly for a group whose core members are 60+. I am not a fan of Don Was' production, though I think the guitar sound is much fuller on ABB than that of B2B & VL. They have recorded strong material post-81, unfortunately much of it is either 1)unreleased or released as b-sides 2) overproduced or 3)underdeveloped.

Champagne room postin.
23rd August 2006 03:50 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
The 4 songs on 40 Licks were truly the most embarrassing moents in my collective 43 yrs on earth...

have you heard Under the Radar? I haven't.
23rd August 2006 03:52 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
Rick Rubin anyone....

that would be a very good choice for the producers chair!
23rd August 2006 03:53 PM
Saint Sway I dont think they're spent.

Its more a case of them being uninspired and completely out of touch.

They can still play inspired music when they want to.

thats the catch: when they want to. They just seem unmotivated to rock.

ONNYA & RJ are good little rockers. BOMH is a classic Stones blues stomp. So the talents still there. It just a matter of tapping into it and not half-assing it with toss off tunes that any bullshit pop band could play. They're better than that.

ABB could of been a rock record. A STONES rock record. Instead it sounds like a Bon Jovi/INXS lame pop rock record.

OK... yeah they're spent
23rd August 2006 03:53 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
jb wrote:
The 4 songs on 40 Licks were truly the most embarrassing moents in my collective 43 yrs on earth...

23rd August 2006 03:55 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
see Shelly Winters in 'Poesidon Adventure" ans Jack Albertson in "Chico ans the Man".

I believe both those individuals are now dead .

www.google.com

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
23rd August 2006 03:56 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
ABB could of been a rock record. A STONES rock record. Instead it sounds like a Bon Jovi/INXS lame pop rock record.

Greeting status needs reevaluation.
23rd August 2006 03:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Ian Stewart must be getting a kick out of this thread.
He "produced" this shower of shit for years.
Stu had an ear for the good stuff.
23rd August 2006 03:57 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Greeting status needs reevaluation.

23rd August 2006 03:58 PM
Steel Wheels A Bigger Bang is a brilliant album, and one of the reasons for the smile on my face throughout 2006. On my stereo system A Bigger Bang sounds fantastic - full of passion, energy, and tight rockers and great ballads. The mixing, recording, and performance are all top shelf.

I consider it to be one of their crown jewels - a rough and ready stripped down album with just the essential band members.

As for my stereo system - I run a vintage Carver TFM-35 power amp, bi-wired, through a newer Marantz pre-amp before going out to a set of vintage Paradigm Mark 9 speakers. My CD player is the Marantz CD6000 Special Edition and all of my interconnects are audiophile issue.
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

He is young, reelection??
RollingstonesUSA
23rd August 2006 03:59 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
A Bigger Bang is a brilliant album, and one of the reasons for the smile on my face throughout 2006. On my stereo system A Bigger Bang sounds fantastic - full of passion, energy, and tight rockers and great ballads. The mixing, recording, and performance are all top shelf.

I consider it to be one of their crown jewels - a rough and ready stripped down album with just the essential band members.

As for my stereo system - I run a vintage Carver TFM-35 power amp, bi-wired, through a newer Marantz pre-amp before going out to a set of vintage Paradigm Mark 9 speakers. My CD player is the Marantz CD6000 Special Edition and all of my interconnects are audiophile issue.

sweet
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)