ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FLAC file conversions Return to archive
August 28th, 2005 06:51 PM
James Burton I'm new to Bit Torrenting and need a little guidance. Can anyone suggest where i might find a decent free file converter to download (specifically to convert FLAC files). I've tried several places but all I seem to get are crappy trial versions. Need to convert my Stones downloads desperately!

Any help greatly appreciated
August 28th, 2005 07:02 PM
MRD8 Go to Google and type in FLAC...click on the very first one on top of the list and download it...remember where you downloaded it to and install it. After it is installed open it up and click on Add Files, find the directory where your files from bit torrent downloaded to, hit Add and repeat the process till all of disc one is on there...then hit Decode...a seperate screen will come up on your screen showing you the progress of your decoding...when its finished it will say "press any key..." Press any key then press clear...repeat the same process with disc two...now they are all converted to .Wav files and you can use your CD or DVD creator software to burn them onto discs. Hope this helps you out!
August 28th, 2005 07:37 PM
James Burton MRD8,

Thanks so much for the info! I followed your instructions and am now diggin' the Dallas rehearsals from June '72. Brilliant! Now let's convert the rest of the stuff!!!

Thanks again!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)