ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fenway 2 on Dimeadozen... Return to archive
August 28th, 2005 07:33 AM
M.O.W.A.T. From the site:

The Rolling Stones
2005-08-23
Fenway Park
Boston, Massachusetts USA

Disk 1

1. Start Me Up
2. You Got Me Rockin
3. Shattered
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back of My Hand
7. Beast of Burden
8. Shes So Cold
9. Bitch
10.Night time
11.Introductions
11.The Worst
12.Infamy

Disk 2

1.Miss You--going to B stage
2.Oh No Not You Again
3.Satisfaction
4.Honky Tonk Women--back to main stage
5.Out of Control
6.Sympathy for the Devil
7.Jumping Jack Flash
8.Brown Sugar
9.Crowd Noise
10.YCAGWYW
11.IORR

This recording was done from behind home plate. Alot of crowd noise.

Some of the flaws are, mic fell during Rough Justice and the sound is
muted from there for a couple of songs. Miss You starts a few seconds
into the song due to technical difficulties.
August 28th, 2005 08:13 AM
MRD8 This is THE worst audience recording I have ever heard, I don't know why anyone would bother putting it up! I hope better recordings of the first and second shows turn up eventually...I've ordered DVD's of the first two nights so I'll offer those up here when I get them in....
August 28th, 2005 08:56 AM
mac_daddy fwiw - these links are in the stickied bit torrent thread
August 28th, 2005 09:28 AM
Jumping Jack Mr. D.

You are the man and the most generous individual on the board!!! Any word on the delivery time?

We are all salivating like Pavlov's dogs!!!
[Edited by Jumping Jack]
August 28th, 2005 09:31 AM
mac_daddy and mrd8 - we still have some torrenting issues to work out i think. please let me know if i can be of further assistance, or simply post your concern/problem/issue in the stickied BT thread, and someone will hopefully chime in with some help...

thanks again for all of the offers - once you get the torrent thing down, you wont have to mess with anymore b+ps - just upload, and leave the busywork of burning discs to the others who want it...

August 28th, 2005 09:48 AM
cabledogg2 This is posted on IORR.org , i wonder when it will show up?

***I recorded the 8/21 Boston show with an Olympus DS-20 stereo digital voice recorder.It costs $199.99 + tax and batteries at select Radio Shack stores.It comes with a built in stereo mic and a leather carrying case with a velcro strap.I attached the strap to the string on the pair of shorts I wore under my pants.The recorder is pretty small + the sound is very good from what I can tell by playing back the recorder although,I haven't gotten it on to cds yet***
August 28th, 2005 09:53 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
This is posted on IORR.org , i wonder when it will show up?

***I recorded the 8/21 Boston show with an Olympus DS-20 stereo digital voice recorder.It costs $199.99 + tax and batteries at select Radio Shack stores.It comes with a built in stereo mic and a leather carrying case with a velcro strap.I attached the strap to the string on the pair of shorts I wore under my pants.The recorder is pretty small + the sound is very good from what I can tell by playing back the recorder although,I haven't gotten it on to cds yet***

yikes!
August 28th, 2005 11:08 AM
CraigP DVD's??? I knew they were filming the second show but, who has info this early???
August 28th, 2005 03:39 PM
MRD8 Mac,
Trying to learn how to torrent a video on BT forced me into therapy! You gave instructions to me that a five year old could follow...but danged if I could get it to work...here I am with hundreds of audio/video's and can't torrent ANYTHING!
August 28th, 2005 03:58 PM
jpenn11
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
This is posted on IORR.org , i wonder when it will show up?

While the first recording has cuts, I don't think this latest equipment should have yielded better results. Of course, seating counts. The first release was captured by Schoeps mics (in stereo, $500? per channel) powered by a custom preamp and recorded onto a Sony M1 dat deck ($1000?). The Schoeps should be directional mics, so they pick up less audience noise while picking up the ambience.

It's kind of amusing that some folks snub audience recordings. Some of the equipment used for these recordings far excels the poorly maintained cassette decks historically used for many soundboards.

[Edited by jpenn11]
August 28th, 2005 04:02 PM
mac_daddy mrd8 - we just have to keep trying...

have a good sunday!
August 28th, 2005 04:22 PM
T&A yeah - I just had a quick listen to a few of the Fenway#2 tracks - thanks, but no thanks. Truly horrible recording...even for completists.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)