ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones "in advanced talks" to play Dublin in 2006 Return to archive
August 27th, 2005 09:55 PM
Gazza

Stones set to roll into Croke Park

28 August 2005
The Rolling Stones are in advanced talks with concert promoters MCD to play a concert at Croke Park in Dublin next summer, write Ian Kehoe and Simon Carswell.

The Sunday Business Post has learned that the band's management has met representatives of MCD on a number of occasions and that the two sides expect to sign formal contracts later this year.

It has also emerged that the band's manager has visited Croke Park on an number of occasions over the past six months.

The manager attended one of U2's three Croke Park gigs earlier this summer, and told stadium officials he was impressed with the facility.

The British band, who have a combined age of 245, kicked off their latest world tour in front of a sell-out Fenway Park in Boston last Sunday. The tour marks the 43rd anniversary since the band started performing.

Industry sources said talks between MCD and the Stones have been ongoing for some time and that the two sides are now close to a deal. It is expected that the concert will take place next June or July and will be one of four concerts that the GAA expect to hold in the stadium next year.

A spokesman for MCD said the promoter had no “comment to make regarding the matter'‘. Earlier this year, this newspaper revealed that British pop star Robbie Williams was set to play two concerts at Croke Park next June.

The GAA and MCD have also been in touch with representatives of the American rock band Bon Jovi regarding a concert. However, those talks are at an early stage and no concrete details have been agreed yet
[Edited by Gazza]
August 27th, 2005 10:11 PM
glencar Gee, next year their combined age goes up by 4!
August 27th, 2005 10:19 PM
T&A Well - you certainly called that one, Gazza! ;-)
August 27th, 2005 10:45 PM
Gazza LOL

I'll still believe it when I see it. I guess for the stadium owners, money talks!

cant see the Stones filling that stadium though. It really is massive. 80,000 tickets in a country that small and at those prices is a tall order
[Edited by Gazza]
August 28th, 2005 04:27 AM
hotlicks They have no chance of selling out, i would estimate 30,000 to 40,000 tops, which means it could be cancelled---Remember landsdowne park some years back, only 17'000 tickets sold and then it was cancelled. the limelight could still be on!!!
August 28th, 2005 11:09 AM
T&A
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL

I'll still believe it when I see it. I guess for the stadium owners, money talks!

cant see the Stones filling that stadium though. It really is massive. 80,000 tickets in a country that small and at those prices is a tall order
[Edited by Gazza]

Well - perhaps they'll just play a halftime set for a GAA event - they don't have any problem filling the place for these!
[Edited by T&A]
August 28th, 2005 08:56 PM
glencar Too bad they don't do the Point Depot again.
August 28th, 2005 09:07 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Too bad they don't do the Point Depot again.

Yeah, liked that place! Cool show as well. Never saw a crowd go as nuts as the Irish during Start Me Up (guess THEY didn't get it live enough times to get bored with it )...
August 28th, 2005 09:10 PM
T&A if they wind up booking a Croke Park and a Point show - I will very likely trek out to the emerald isle for a third consecutive year in '06....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)