ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: suddenly I like Don't Stop Return to archive
August 26th, 2005 09:13 PM
Lethargy What's wrong with me? I just got home from work, and as I so often do I immediately put the entire stones catalog on shuffle play on my PC (mp3s). A few songs into it, Don't Stop hit the rotation. I was one of the people bitching about this song (along with the other Forty Licks new tracks), but for some unknown reason I started really digging it. I was dancing around, doing air guitar and air drumming, and generally just noticing that the song made me...happy! Weird. Funny how opinions can change, even when you're 'sure' about something.
August 26th, 2005 09:16 PM
Some Guy I haven't heard that song in a while.
August 26th, 2005 09:21 PM
Soldatti I love the song, it's a great rocking tune with an incredible ending part.
August 26th, 2005 09:56 PM
The Wick I love the song, but the rock mix is what should have been released, not that limp version- which I still enjoy, but the rock mix is excellent.
August 26th, 2005 11:17 PM
Marianne I love that song! It reminds me of last winter when I really got into the Rolling Stones. Those were the days, Sophmore year, my best friend Anita, life was easy.
August 27th, 2005 12:02 AM
CraigP That song sucks in my my opinion. I like Emotional Rescue better. hehe.
August 27th, 2005 03:12 AM
sirmoonie The song hits where it needs to. Best Stones since 81. Quality song, critics of it need more belief.
August 27th, 2005 05:30 AM
egon mpaybe one day I too will see the light...
August 27th, 2005 10:17 AM
Poplar
It's a good song. would go well on BB.

August 27th, 2005 10:24 AM
glencar It's the only worthy new addition on 40 Licks. I'd love to see it pop up on this new tour but they seem to discard their "last tour newbie" songs.
August 28th, 2005 12:32 AM
Child of the Moon I loved Don't Stop from the moment I heard it. That song got me up and dancing around. Multiple times in a row. It's definitely the best of the four tracks that came out on 40 Licks, and it really deserved something better than placement on that, a best-of album. It should e enjoyed in its wn right, not alongside tried-and-true classics like Happy and Tumbling Dice. That placement should have come later on with hindsight. Not that I'm saying it's as good as those songs, but it's still a damned good song. Better than Emotional Rescue.
August 28th, 2005 02:29 AM
KennedyLW I was hoping at some point during the Licks tour I'd start to like it as well. Didn't happen, but now it's out of my life..
August 28th, 2005 02:06 PM
rolling who It's got a nice guitar solo by Ronnie. Not a bad song at all.
August 28th, 2005 04:53 PM
Mr D
it's a terrible song in my opinion

weak, lame, middle of the road toss

a typical Jagger tune
August 28th, 2005 09:49 PM
Soldatti It's much better than Keys To Your Love or Stealing My Heart.
August 29th, 2005 12:21 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
It's much better than Keys To Your Love or Stealing My Heart.

That's like saying you like steak better than broccoli. Other than Don't Stop, the other 3 Licks newbies are seriously deficient.
August 29th, 2005 07:36 AM
egon
quote:
egon wrote:
mpaybe one day I too will see the light...

still nothing.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)