ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fenway a mess after Stones concerts Return to archive
August 26th, 2005 03:29 PM
moy Fenway a mess after Stones concerts
Red Sox game tonight pushed back 1 hour to have field repaired

Updated: 11:36 a.m. ET Aug. 26, 2005
BOSTON - Was it the Rolling Stones or wild horses that roamed center field at Fenway Park for a couple of nights?

The Boston Red Sox delayed the start of Friday’s game against Detroit by an hour, to 8:05 p.m., to give the grounds crew time to repair the sod ripped up during two Rolling Stones concerts this week.

The crew worked through the night to repair the damage caused by the band’s massive center field stage. Red Sox spokesman Charles Steinberg said a “significant area” of center field was affected. The team also wants to give players time to test the field and report any uneven areas.

Steinberg said the crew has worked overnight to repair the field following shows staged at the park the last two years — Jimmy Buffett last year and Bruce Springsteen in 2003. The team almost delayed the start of the game following the Buffett show last year. Steinberg said more of the field was affected this year.

Steinberg did not have a precise figure on how much money the team made during the Rolling Stones shows Sunday and Tuesday, but said it was in the seven-figure range. The shows are a benefit, he said, “as long as it doesn’t affect the integrity of the game.”

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
August 26th, 2005 03:47 PM
LadyJane Hmmmmmmmmm..I was with some pretty ardent Yankees fans.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

LJ.
August 26th, 2005 03:52 PM
scope SHHHHHHHHH!
August 26th, 2005 04:12 PM
Martha Didn't those idiots cover up the field with that plastic shit Bob and Willie cart around and lay down for their ballpark gig?

August 26th, 2005 06:07 PM
scope I'm thinking we were a little more rockin' that night, it being the tour opener and all. You would have been very proud of us!
August 26th, 2005 07:18 PM
Riffhard Now all of the Euro fans may understand why the infield was completely off limits for fans. A ballpark is not the same as a football(in the European sense of the word)pitch. Grounds crews spend hundreds,if not thousands,of man hours to keep the feilds in top notch condition. These fields are pristine. Baseball,the game,demands perfect conditions so as to avoid bad hops and the like.

Riffhard
August 27th, 2005 01:25 AM
BrianJonesForever I was at the game tonight(Sox won, yaaay) and it was pushed back to 8:05, and the grounds crew were working so hard to get the field back in order. New sod and everything.
August 27th, 2005 02:24 AM
Poplar
There were divots out in right field, dead grass in left...
what a mess, the field's in tatters, i mean shattered.
Stones fans they come around -
flatten, flatten, flatten, flatten, flatten, flatten, flatten!
August 28th, 2005 07:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I'm sure Fenway can afford to get it back into shape. They made a few bucks on those shows.
August 28th, 2005 07:31 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Now all of the Euro fans may understand why the infield was completely off limits for fans. A ballpark is not the same as a football(in the European sense of the word)pitch. Grounds crews spend hundreds,if not thousands,of man hours to keep the feilds in top notch condition. These fields are pristine. Baseball,the game,demands perfect conditions so as to avoid bad hops and the like.

Riffhard

What's the use to let the Stones perform in a ballpark if the field is so vulnerable?
August 28th, 2005 09:01 PM
glencar The venue is what kept me from buying tix when they went on sale. I'm glad that the Yankee fans treated the place like the unhallowed ground it is. LOL
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)