ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For the frenchies; When IS the single being relased in France? Return to archive
August 26th, 2005 06:10 AM
egon Bonjour mes amis!

Fnac says: there will be no single

virgin says: the single is not out in europe yet.
(the women even called the headoffice in paris!)

Of course they are both full of shit.

How DOES as poor little Dutch boy lost in the south of france,
get a hold of the single????

August 26th, 2005 07:28 AM
Jumacfly Fnac website reports single will be only on import release on september 8th Bro....
August 26th, 2005 10:03 AM
egon fnac is full of shit

i want the single, and i want it now.

if they sell it everywhere in holland for 2,99 than
why the F not in france?

F'in bastards the lot of them!
August 28th, 2005 06:46 AM
egon so no one has the answer to this...?
August 28th, 2005 08:20 AM
blackandblue Why don't you order the single on internet or wait a fews days so you can buy the album including SOL and RJ. That's to say IF they sell the album in South-France.
August 28th, 2005 12:42 PM
egon i thought i would have it quicker buying it in the store.
clearly i was wrong.
August 28th, 2005 12:56 PM
Riffhard The French are very contrarian. Remeber Jagger's old quote about France? No? "The Beatles were always number one in Europe with us being a very close second. Except in France. We were always number one in France,but then again their French."

LOL! That says it all right there!

Riffhard
August 28th, 2005 01:20 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The French are very contrarian. Remeber Jagger's old quote about France? No? "The Beatles were always number one in Europe with us being a very close second. Except in France. We were always number one in France,but then again their French."

LOL! That says it all right there!

Riffhard

no, no, no, that says it WAS all right there!
August 28th, 2005 01:43 PM
Riffhard Oh I agree with that. The French were ahead of the curve with regards to the whole Stones vs Beatles deal,but I must say that the way Lance Armstrong is being treated over there is a fucking crime! The man has done more good for the T'dF than any other rider ever. That includes Eddie Merx,and even France's own Bernard Hinnault. They just want to destroy him because he's an American plain and simple. It's a fucking crime,and that piece of shit newspaper should be ashamed. He has been the most tested athlete in the world for the last seven years and has ALWAYS tested clean. Now they dig up a single fucking urine sample from six years ago that aparently tested positive for EPO and they are trying to destroy the man. The test was not even overseen by the tour's drug police. They just did the test behind closed doors and said he was guilty. Complete and utter bullshit! An American comes over to France and just own's the race for seven years and the French press hates him for it! Fucking pathetic!!! Lance Armstrong,an American,IS the Tour de France. The French press has no shame or humility. Too bad fellas Lance is your daddy!!

Riffhard

PS-This is not directed at any of our French RO'ers,but the French press and the Tour's race officials.
August 28th, 2005 02:07 PM
Moonisup I thought this thread was about the single, and now about american vs. the french?
August 28th, 2005 02:16 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
I thought this thread was about the single, and now about american vs. the french?

No,no,no my man. This isn't about American vs French at all!
I was just pointing out that some shit French rag is trying to destroy Lance Armstrong for the sole reason that he is an American. That is a fact,but I'm not about bashing France per se. Just the shit paper that has no fucking sense of humility,and wants to destroy a man's legacy simply because he schooled them at their own fucking race and comes from a country that they hate with a passion.

Riffhard
August 28th, 2005 02:31 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

No,no,no my man. This isn't about American vs French at all!
I was just pointing out that some shit French rag is trying to destroy Lance Armstrong for the sole reason that he is an American. That is a fact,but I'm not about bashing France per se. Just the shit paper that has no fucking sense of humility,and wants to destroy a man's legacy simply because he schooled them at their own fucking race and comes from a country that they hate with a passion.

Riffhard

Riffy!
this whole affair is pathetic..all cyclist are as charged as Keith!

De Gaule used to say :" French people are calves"
I often agree with that...

ps: Egon, the only singles that sells in France are major RN'Beatches or Pop Dance music.
only Abba got class
August 28th, 2005 02:36 PM
Moonisup just never read the french paper: l'equipe, that's all
August 28th, 2005 02:36 PM
caro Youcould try and word your posts a little more carefully, Riffhard.
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Oh I agree with that. The French were ahead of the curve with regards to the whole Stones vs Beatles deal,but I must say that the way Lance Armstrong is being treated over there is a fucking crime! The man has done more good for the T'dF than any other rider ever. That includes Eddie Merx,and even France's own Bernard Hinnault. They just want to destroy him because he's an American plain and simple.

This comment includes ALL french people, which, obviously, might piss us off a bit.

quote:
Lance Armstrong,an American,IS the Tour de France.

And then you say the french press has no humility?

It's kind of funny, I come back to the board after several months of absence, and I'm still angered by the same sort of comments that used to make me cringe months ago. And I don't know if I'm being too sensitive here, or if you just NEVER take the time to wonder how other people might react to your posts.
August 28th, 2005 02:43 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

ps: Egon, the only singles that sells in France are major RN'Beatches or Pop Dance music.
only Abba got class

Don't forget Plastic Bertrand!
August 28th, 2005 02:48 PM
egon i don't want my search for the single to be the reason for a french v america debate, so i promise i won't buy it ok?
please kiss and make up!
August 28th, 2005 03:04 PM
Riffhard
quote:
caro wrote:
Youcould try and word your posts a little more carefully, Riffhard.
This comment includes ALL french people, which, obviously, might piss us off a bit.

And then you say the french press has no humility?

It's kind of funny, I come back to the board after several months of absence, and I'm still angered by the same sort of comments that used to make me cringe months ago. And I don't know if I'm being too sensitive here, or if you just NEVER take the time to wonder how other people might react to your posts.

caro my dear I certainly meant no offense to my French RO friends here. Just the way that the French press are trying to destroy this man. The part about "Lance IS the tour" was meant as a joke,and to point out why the French press hates him so much. I have no animosity towards France really. I am sometimes shocked at the amount of venom that some of the French press direct towards America though. This Lance Armstrong dibacal is just the lateset example of that. He has generated a larger tv audience worldwide for the Td'F than it's ever had before. He has made alot of people alot of money in France as well,and this is how he is treated by the French press?! I'm just stunned at their outright hatered of the man simply because he's an American. I find it puzzling to say the very least. I saw a French journalist on CNN the other day and she was laughing at it. She said the only reason that Lance is being treated like this is because he so dominated the sport that they felt was theirs. She went on to say that the fact that he is an American "is not part of the reason they are trying to belittle him. It is the ONLY reason for it." Those were her words not mine. So there ya go.

I got nothing but for love for all Stones fans!! Be they French,American,Mexican,Irish,English,Aussie,or whatever.

Riffhard
August 28th, 2005 03:12 PM
Moonisup "I got nothing but for love for all Stones fans!! Be they French,American,Mexican,Irish,English,Aussie,or whatever."

and for chuck?
August 28th, 2005 03:21 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
and for chuck?

Well as he is a fellow Georgia boy I gotta show him a modicum of respect,but love? Hmmm...I'll have to get back to you after I see how up in the mix he is at the show in Philly.

Riffhard
August 28th, 2005 03:24 PM
Moonisup ok! Problem solved!

Are there any shows in Georgia this tour?
August 28th, 2005 08:59 PM
glencar Hotalanta, GA is Oct. 15th. I shall be there.
August 29th, 2005 05:34 AM
caro
quote:
egon wrote:
i don't want my search for the single to be the reason for a french v america debate, so i promise i won't buy it ok?

You're only saying that because you know you won't find the damn thing in french stores anyway! Oh well, ok I'll stop.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)