ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Good places to go in Sydney Return to archive
August 25th, 2005 03:51 AM
Scot Rocks Hi there folks, Im travelling Australia, at the moment, just wondering if any of the Aussies on here know of any good places to hang out in Syndey, preferebly places which also play the Stones and other good rock n roll as well!!

Mark

ps when is the new album out?

August 25th, 2005 04:32 AM
Zeeta 5th September over here mate!

I hear the Kings Cross area is excellent for coke and hookers but other than that I'm unsure!
August 25th, 2005 05:42 AM
sj Sydney Hey? Reckon it's the best place on this planet to live right now.. weather's nice, women are great, lots of tourtits and a harbour to die for. Though if it's music you want, perhaps check out:

* Annandale Hotel in Glebe - the home of rock in Sydney

* Any pub in the Rocks has some rock, predominantly that Irish laid back stuff + modern rock

* In the city/George Street: Three Monkey's has been voted best live venue in Australia multiple years running

* Scruffy Murphey's in the city has some OK bands on rotation. Dingy RNB downstairs if you.

* Kinesellas just off Oxford Square has a DJ that's mad for the Stones (just bring your but chastity belt - within a whisker of the gay community - they're harmless anyway!) He sometimes plays the Brussels Affair/You Can't DO That Baby CD I made for him + RNR Circus cuts.

Or otherwise check out http://www.fasterlouder.com.au for an online gig guide

Cheery,
sj
August 25th, 2005 06:30 AM
egon i'll be there soon as well,
so any info is indeed appreciated!
August 25th, 2005 06:47 AM
exile as well as those mentioned above...
Id also recommend some of the bars in King Street Newtown

The Bank Hotel (good place to pick up if your single, except Wed night which is lesbian pool comp nite, full of angry bull dykes)

and especially the TOWN HALL hotel (quite seedy but good music and people)

also the Century Tavern on george st in Town, (opposite three monkeys above burger king used to be good have not been there for a while)

Most bigish bands play at the Metro, good plece to see bands too, get 'Drum Media' check out who is playing while your in town.
August 28th, 2005 06:24 AM
Scot Rocks Thanks for all the helpful info folks, will check these places out before I head up to Cairns, cant wait to pick up the new album!!

Mark
August 28th, 2005 06:53 AM
corgi37 Sydney aint nothing on Melbourne. We are the rock capitol of Oz. Every one knows that.
August 28th, 2005 06:56 AM
egon good news!
August 28th, 2005 08:13 AM
exile
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Sydney aint nothing on Melbourne. We are the rock capitol of Oz. Every one knows that.

Oh lets not start that mines better than yours arguement
have a look what a wanker keith is being....
August 28th, 2005 11:58 PM
exile sj
I didnt know there was anyone else from Sydney on this board.Its cool to see that there is!

Where in Sydney are you living?

No way the dj at Kinesellas sometimes plays stones? I have not been to that place in many years.

Scruffy Murpphys and Anandale are good places to go out.

August 29th, 2005 11:31 AM
corgi37 And i raise you with the Esplanade and Corner Hotels!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)