ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Shepherds Bush Empire, London - December 11, 2001
By Richard Young

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Radio Rant Return to archive
08-28-02 11:29 PM
tumblingdice Hi guys, I had to make a 6 hour round trip today and really had the chance to listen to Don't Stop the whole trip, it just grows on you the more you hear it. Anyway my rant is I decided to call a rock station in town to see if any news of the song or if they had the single. Mind you I never listen to radio anymore except the occasional classis rock stations, and this is a more new rock so I thought they may have it. When I ask if they have the new Stones that prick DJ says who? I said Rolling Stones and his reply is " we don't play the Stones" So I said I thought this was a rock station and he replies with a smart ass attitude " active rock" I went off then and told him they were active (new single ? duh) and then the ol' F_ck you and hung up on the jerk. Sad state of radio today my friends, thank God for our cd's Everything around here is either hip hop shit, or you have your classic rock station and oldies station, but new rock seems to be more crap every time I check it out. Used to there was a station here that played classic rock and would also play any new releases from great rock acts as well, but that is no more.

That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.......
08-28-02 11:36 PM
full moon There is a great station here in Chicago that plays alot of Stones.. They debuted Don't Stop today...

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road