ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Shepherds Bush Empire, London - December 11, 2001
By Richard Young

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who\Beatles Return to archive
08-28-02 09:23 PM
Soul Survivor Drummer and Bassist - Dead (The Who) (RIP)
Guitarist and Guitarist/Lyrics - Dead (Beatles) (RIP)

Roger Daltry - Vocals
Pete Townshend - Guitar
Paul McCartney - Bass
Ringo Starr - Drums

The above equals perfect sales.

They can combined the living members!!!!!!

Anyway...........

Should I get the "Ya Ya's remaster"?
08-28-02 09:30 PM
stone jr. Yes you should get the remaster. It's great!!!!!!
08-28-02 09:47 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
Drummer and Bassist - Dead (The Who) (RIP)
Guitarist and Guitarist/Lyrics - Dead (Beatles) (RIP)

Roger Daltry - Vocals
Pete Townshend - Guitar
Paul McCartney - Bass
Ringo Starr - Drums

The above equals perfect sales.

They can combined the living members!!!!!!

Anyway...........

Should I get the "Ya Ya's remaster"?

agggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

no way, keep Ringo's son Zak on drums!!!!!!he has taken the Who back to great hights!!!!driving the other "Two" as joey calls them, to their peak again, while McCartney would just not fit in to the hard rocking Who!!!!!

"12345678...I am a slipkid!!!!"

oh and get YaYa's definately!!!!

Mark

08-28-02 09:59 PM
Soul Survivor It would still be cool though.......and I'm gonna get my ya ya's out!
08-28-02 10:10 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
It would still be cool though.......

No it wouldn't! You wouldn't want McCartney taking over on bass for the Stones, would you? And God forbid anything happen to Charlie - would you let your Stones go with a Ringo Starr?

The Ox is dead! The band is over, Roger! Listen to Pete, for once! Or call yourself something different, like the Dead did - you should have done that when Keith Moon died anyway.

-tSYX --- I'm a man now, thanks to you...
08-28-02 10:34 PM
Riffhard You are right Xyzzy.However,it's not Roger that calls the shots in "The Deux".It's Petey.It always has been always will be.Hell,Roger has always been nothing more than Pete's mouthpeice and frontman.

That said,I'm looking very forward to seeing The Deux this Friday at the PNC Arts Center in Holmdel,New Jersey.Zakk is the man.He has reinspired Pete to play with reckless abandon again,and that ain't a bad thing at all!

Riffhard
08-28-02 11:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Better

John Lennon - Guitar, Piano, Vocals
George Harrison - Lead Guitar, Vocals
John Entwistle - Bass, Vocals
Keith Moon - Drums, Lead Vocals
08-29-02 12:07 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hahaha! Probably, Voodoo, and I don't doubt Stu and Nicky Hopkins are fighting for the piano bench.

Keith Moon doing the Beatles... I wouldn't mind hearing that... it'd sound like Led Zepplin doing The Temptations, but whatever...

-tSYX --- Is there nothing I can say, nothing I can do?
08-29-02 06:56 AM
Soul Survivor Well my idea would at least make history

But I wouldn't let no one take over for the Stones !
08-29-02 09:26 AM
Stonesprofessor Even better:

John Lennon-guitar,vocals

BRIAN JONES- guitar..assorted instruments

Entwhistle-Bass,vocals,horns

Nicky Hopkins-Keyboards

Moonie-Drums

additional keyboards,road manager-STU

horns- any suggestions?? Horn players live forever.....
08-29-02 09:28 AM
Joey " John Lennon - Guitar, Piano, Vocals
George Harrison - Lead Guitar, Vocals
John Entwistle - Bass, Vocals
Keith Moon - Drums, Lead Vocals "

Voodoo , this band plays in heaven every single night at a bar called " Studio 54 " !!!!

YES !!!!!!

08-29-02 09:31 AM
Joey " You are right Xyzzy.However,it's not Roger that calls the shots in "The Deux".It's Petey.It always has been always will be.Hell,Roger has always been nothing more than Pete's mouthpeice and frontman. "

Yeah , but don't you agree Riffy that even though Pete is a genius , he would not have been sh## without Daltrey !!!

Roger breathes life into the Petey's songs .

Jo Jo

08-29-02 09:38 AM
Jumacfly you re right Joey, the Rolled Whotles open for Elvis every night in paradise....
Tomorow night the Jimbo's will open.
it s a young band formed by Jim Morrison and Jimi hendrix....

Cheers

08-29-02 09:40 AM
Moonisup And what about Jimmy miller producing their cd! And chuch is the technician
08-29-02 09:53 AM
sammy davis jr. They can call themselves The Wheatles....or the Boo.
08-29-02 10:55 AM
Riffhard Oh yeah Joey.Roger is a great "vessel" for Pete's song's.LOL!

No really.Roger is a great frontman.His voice is perfect for Pete's songs.I mean Quad and Tommy would not be the same without those strong ass pipes of Daltry's.Not to mention his stage presence and the mike twirl.I was just pointing out that the Who(Deux)have always been Pete's band.There is not the same songwriting colaboration as there has been in the Stones or Beatles.The only song that Daltry has co-writing credits for is Anyhow,Anywhere,Anyway.

I am looking forward to the show tomarrow.It will be a great primer for the Stones in NYC in just a few short weeks.Fuck Yup!

Riffhard
08-29-02 11:21 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Oh, Daltrey's a kickass lead singer - he makes Who's Next and the rock operas, all two-and-a-half of them. But Pete Townshend runs that band with an iron fist. As well he should. The Rolling Stone interview was quite interesting - of course, it was all two weeks before John died.

ROGER: Hey, Pete! I've got an idea!
PETE: What, Roger?
ROGER: Let's do a new studio album!
PETE: Roger, you wrote a rock opera for "That Eighties Show". You're lucky I'm still speaking to you.
ROGER: But Pete, we're just as good as we were twenty years ago!
PETE: If by twenty years ago you mean the first farewell tour, then yes, you're right - by the time we get someone good enough to replace Keith, John dies. Do you think there's a message here, Roger?
ROGER: *silence*
PETE: What's up with you, anyway? Did you get hooked by "Real Love" and "Free As A Bird"? A crossover album from the hereafter?
ROGER: *menacing silence*

-tSYX --- You wanna turn your head away when someone's thinking of you...
08-29-02 11:25 AM
Joey " I am looking forward to the show tomarrow.It will be a great primer for the Stones in NYC in just a few short weeks. "

Riffy , please file a review of the show .

Martha went last night in Columbus and Maxy is going to the Jones Beach gig Saturday evening .

The " Two " in August and The " Stones " in September .

YES !!!!!!!

Bunny

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road