ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Shepherds Bush Empire, London - December 11, 2001
By Richard Young

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones and air guitar Return to archive
08-28-02 04:06 AM
marko Hmm,when you�re listening stones,live or studio,to me,if i
don�t play air guitar,its not a good song,heh.But i do that
nearly on every song,even on the latest one.
08-28-02 06:12 AM
F505 Marko i've a tip for you. Go to Oulu where you can attend the world championship air playing. Maybe you can challenge the world champion Zac 'Mister Magnet' Monro. Before he begins to play he turns to the sound engineer ('turn me up a little, man') and than starts with a Van Halen song. But i'm sure you will beat him if you play Midnight Rambler!

08-28-02 06:25 AM
Jumacfly yes, i ve seen this contest on tv: amazing!!!
there was a Jonnhy Thunders look a like, and many bikers!
next year i m sure one of us will contest, a Keith circa 1972 riffing "all down the line" would be great....

Cheers
08-28-02 06:35 AM
egon a good friend of mine is a former world champion

now how cool is that (or should that be sad?)
08-28-02 06:39 AM
stonedinaustralia hey ju

they should have an air bass contest

hell, why not air bands!

imagine doing air piano to chuck baby

cheers

08-28-02 06:41 AM
Jumacfly Well, it was quite fun and...also pathetic
it seemed there was a great crowd, mucho caliente, and the players were a little ridiculous...they may have smoked many weed to perform!!
Cheers
08-28-02 06:45 AM
stonedinaustralia it does sound like a bit of fun

that's the great thing about it

you can get as out of it and crazy as you like and you'll always be in tune, on time and no bum notes or missed changes

best of all - no gear to lug!!

08-28-02 06:49 AM
Jumacfly Yes, and i would be glad to perform...i ll contest like Bill Wyman, straight and silencious, white as a ghost!
would be very exiting!!

Chuck who, SID ??? ;D

Hey, the air band contest exists, it s called Nu Metal !!!!

Cheers
08-28-02 06:49 AM
gypsymofo60 Air guitar!!!!!!!!! What on earth has the fucking world come to? That is something that should only be indulged in along with very close friends,.. even girlfriends, and wives take a dim view of this form of expression. When I was a pup we thought we were the ONLY ones in the world who practiced this strange ritual. People looked at us as though we just dropped in from The Betelguese system, and that's the way it should be. Lounge room faire only. Competitions????????? Oh! God.....beam me up Scotty, etc,etc.
08-28-02 06:54 AM
Jumacfly its funny, nobody has called Ronnie for this contest, Mathjis hu ???

I did air play this morning when i woke up: but, not only air guitar, but air band: i can easily perfom Honky Tonk Woman , member by member...and I think you can also do it everybody!!

Cheers
08-28-02 06:59 AM
stonedinaustralia you know you're right gypsy60 and i would hope you know i'm not being 100% serious - in fact 0% serious

but something like that would be rather hilarious to watch (god knows i'd never do it) for how long would depend entirely on the material

and an air band would make a nice comic sketch... indeed, its already been done and to be done effectively would actually take some sort of creative effort - essentially a mime act - roll over marcel marceau (sp?)

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
08-28-02 07:18 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
you know you're right gypsy60 and i would hope you know i'm not being 100% serious - in fact 0% serious

but something like that would be rather hilarious to watch (god knows i'd never do it) for how long would depend entirely on the material

and an air band would make a nice comic sketch... indeed, its already been done and to be done effectively would actually take some sort of creative effort - essentially a mime act - roll over marcel marceau (sp?)

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

.......MY air saxaphone was the most haunting day dream that ever wound it's way through the school music room.....Coming Down Again.........
08-28-02 07:33 AM
F505 And I always thought Ronnie WAS playing air all these years!
08-28-02 08:26 AM
marko to me its just great fun,its good fun to laugh to yourself!
Btw oulu was just about week ago....i think that just too
much...?
08-28-02 08:30 AM
nankerphelge marko (YCB) -- I've been air guitarin' in my car so much of late that I have nearly had a dozen accidents!! Especially Tumblin' Dice off Handsome Girls -- Ronnie's solo just screams air guitar!
08-28-02 09:01 AM
marko Yep,but for gods sake,don�t play down the road apice from
jersey devils,,,,,that song rips balls off every time.
08-28-02 09:02 AM
nankerphelge Oh yeah that's incredible! They fucking nailed it!
08-28-02 09:14 AM
Joey " And I always thought Ronnie WAS playing air all these years! "

Amen ...........there is your world Champion right there . Hell , the guy has had eight years of solid practice .

I agree with the concept of " Air Bass " !!! I always pretend I am John Entwistle or Paul McCartney whenever I hear a song with a great bass part . I would do the " Bill Wyman " bit , but I am not on stage to check out the women .

And now ...................please Enjoy :

JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Jo JJJJJ Joey

Clubby

08-28-02 09:34 AM
Maxlugar Air Fellatio!

Take it away........

Mmmmm -mama!

Mmmmm -mama!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaxy!

(A home run every time!)
08-28-02 10:13 AM
Nasty Habits When I was in junior high I air guitared on a custom sawed-off broom. Changing tastes in high school I moved onto a Winston tennis racket. These days, I've matured to going au natural.

I knew a girl in Chicago who had an all-GIRL air band called AIRBRUSH. They would play Motley Cr�e and AC/DC and KISS songs and were so into it that they pre-recorded dialogue and mimed along to it as well.

The horrific thing about AIRBRUSH was that they actually were flown out to some different gigs on the west coast to open for certain acts! I believe they opened for Urge Overkill on several gigs.

And if you believe Norah, it wasn't because they were masters at air (or water) fellatio, either.

"I'm not a groupie, I just like bands!"

AIRBRUSH is now broken up due to non-creative differences.

08-28-02 10:23 AM
Joey " AIRBRUSH is now broken up due to non-creative differences. "

You make Joey giggle !

08-28-02 05:03 PM
Soul Survivor I often play air guitar to "Sympathy".....that is until the solo comes in

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road