ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Shepherds Bush Empire, London - December 11, 2001
By Richard Young

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fargin' Voodoo Return to archive
08-27-02 10:27 PM
Fiji Joe Blew the dust off and listened to it this evening...The album rocks! Much underrated IMO.

"Love is Strong" giss a me da goozbumps.

Guitar on "You Got Me Rocking" is excellent.

"Sparks will Fly" kicks ass (except where the "sharks cry" - what the hell?)...Could have came right off Some Girls

"The Worst" -- not really, damn good tune that makes the Fiji man weep for the big boned women of his past.

"Suck on the Jugular" -- sends me to my archives to re-discover my Rick James records

"I Go Wild" -- stupid earthlings, they fall for that federal agent trick everytime

"Baby Break it Down" -- Bitch, I'll break it off

"Thru and Thru" -- the best 5:59 of vocals Keith has ever done in his life

"Mean Disposition" -- Reminds me of the Vegas Elvis. Catchy, Jazzy and fantastic in polyester pants.

I recommend everyone give it another listen.

08-27-02 11:05 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Fiji, I agree with you on everything except "Sharks Will Cry" - but when I listen to the rest of the album, it makes *me* want to cry. "New Faces"? Gakk! "Brand New Car"? "Sweethearts Together"? This album won a Grammy for a reason - to prove how stupid the Grammys are.

-tSYX --- Y'all got cocaine eyes!
08-27-02 11:10 PM
full moon A great album. New Faces is great .. 60's sounding with the beautiful harpsicord.. Come on.. Brilliant sounds...
08-27-02 11:12 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy "New Faces" is one of the rare cases in the Church of Ronnie Wood of Latter-Day Stones when both the lyrics and the music are awful.

-tSYX --- Here's another one blah blah blah blah blah...
08-27-02 11:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot My wife and I had our first dance as husband and wife to "Sweethearts Together". I just can't say anything bad about that song...too sentimental about it.
08-27-02 11:18 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
My wife and I had our first dance as husband and wife to "Sweethearts Together". I just can't say anything bad about that song...too sentimental about it.

Aww... now I feel guilty...

Well, then I can rag on "Blinded By Rainbows": I just can't get over how ineffectual some of the lyrics are, especially in comparison to others. And all the Jesus stuff - I guess I don't mind it in other places, but in that song, for some reason, it just really pissed me off. Too many little things in that song added up to big trouble in little Voodoo Lounge.

-tSYX --- Stuck inside these four walls, sent inside forever...
08-27-02 11:26 PM
BILL PERKS Keith says after every record "this is close to beggars banquet,etc."but Voodoo Lounge is their best record of the post 81 period.If they had left off Baby Break It Down and Blinded By Rainbows,it would be top 5 for me.New Faces is a great song in a style they did so well long ago.I listen to it in it's entirety often and remember how great 1994 was,they played 6 VL tunes at RFK to open the tour and I loved it.Their version of Hot Stuff that night was awesome as well,though they shelved it after.
08-27-02 11:31 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Hmm... maybe, Bill, maybe... I'm still a Bridges man, thru and thru (no pun intended) - even if you took those two off, not enough good stuff on there to carry it. Keith and Mick both said Don Was really led them in the wrong direction in terms of what material to put on the album, encouraging much more mainstream ideas, which meant the Stones felt oblidged to drop a few of the songs they liked and put in some unfinished/not good numbers, like "Brand New Car" (unfinished) "Blinded By Rainbows" (fatally flawed) and "New Faces" (just plain bad). If only, if only, if only...

hey, waitaminute...

No caps?

Who are you and what have you done with BILL PERKS? Have you finally given it up, like Ronnie and booze?

Huzzah!

-tSYX --- Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...
08-27-02 11:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ufh! I did read "Fartin' Voodoo" glad to know I was wrong
08-28-02 12:07 AM
BILL PERKS Woody is my inspiration,if he can give up booze,I can give up the CAPS.I sure as hell aint givin up booze!
08-28-02 12:21 AM
kc152 Baby breake it down and Blinded by rainbows are fantastic songs

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road