ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Shepherds Bush Empire, London - December 11, 2001
By Richard Young

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Reissues in Canada Return to archive
08-27-02 06:38 PM
Patrambler Hi i'm new here but i've been reading the board for a while to keep up on news of the upcoming tour. It's great to know that there are many Stones fanatics out there. Does anyone know if the new remasters will continue to be imports outside the US. I was looking forward to picking up some then found out no stores up where I live have them.
08-28-02 10:05 AM
Sammy1
quote:
Patrambler wrote:
Hi i'm new here but i've been reading the board for a while to keep up on news of the upcoming tour. It's great to know that there are many Stones fanatics out there. Does anyone know if the new remasters will continue to be imports outside the US. I was looking forward to picking up some then found out no stores up where I live have them.

I'm like you, I enjoy reading the posts, but I have yet to post here (I occasionally post on Gasland)
Regardless, I live in Canada and were looking forward to picking up the CD's. None of the "big name" retailers are carrying it. Chapter, Future Shop, HMV CDplus don't have it and are not planning on carrying it. The Future Shop Manager said they considered it, but the were going to retail at around $35.00. They thought it was too expensive. I think you can order them online at Amazon.ca. They are $29.00 plus all the shipping and handling costs. I am very dissapointed!
08-28-02 10:19 AM
Lazy Bones The new, remastered series are still being sold (and purchased) as imports. However, it shouldn't be that overwhelming as regular Stones' titles have only been available as imports for well over a year now.
Look for the little independant stores. Locally, the store I always buy from will be carrying all 22 titles. They should arrive here by tomorrow or Friday as they were only released in the US yesterday. The owner told me to expect prices to be around $30 (Cdn) for single-disc titles.
Personally, Metamorphosis is the only one I'll be buying. The Singles Collection is on the Christmas wishlist.
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
08-28-02 11:47 AM
Patrambler I'll check out some local stores too. I just want to hear if it will be worth buying more of them. I really have no problem with spending 30 dollars for music I will listen to endlessly.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road