ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Shepherds Bush Empire, London - December 11, 2001
By Richard Young

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Buttons/LIB remasters! Return to archive
08-27-02 01:00 PM
Stonesprofessor Ran out to my local BestBuy and..a lot of the remasters were there! Contrary to the rumors, there were quite a few HOT ROCKS there..but none of the first 5 LPs, which confirms PART of the story...also MIA: Buttons[US][very ODD...],Flowers,Through the Past,Darkly,HR2 and the Singles Collection... {ROUGH inventory just for ha-has- Aftermath[US]-3;Aftermath[UK]-2;Buttons[UK]-2[now 1 after my purchase!];TSMR-3;Beggars-8;LIB-5[6 to start!],Ya-Yas 3 or 4....Hot Rocks-10 Metamorphosis-8[!]}Bought my Buttons and LIB [Aftermath[UK] is coming from Barnes & Noble darn it!..ran out to my car tore off the shrink wrap[ thank GOD for digipaks!] nad thew LIB in the player..all I can say is....WOW!!!! BOTH thses Cds are a THOUSAND per cent better than the original 1986 CDs...LIB with ithe elimination of the spaces between songs and just a general shaping up of the sound, is now incredibly cohesive and amazing...NO weak spots...much much improvementButtons has a few trracks where they prob didnt have much to work with...but now..FINALLY yo can really compare Buttons with..say..REVOLVER..now that both are decent sounding...SHTMY is now an unqualified CLASSIC-you can hear the horns more distincly,and the track just more OOMPH to it....Please Go Home is positively EVIL now..Amanda Jones is incredible..and Ill BET you didnt know that Complicated has the greatest hard acoustic rhythm track on it..mostly because,until now, you couldnt HEAR IT! It really looks liek that htese are going to be well worth it..especially if the only way you know this stuff is thru the 86 releases...these are QUITE the step up!
08-27-02 02:04 PM
Honky Tonk Man Are they coming out in the UK? I have been on the HMV UK Website and they are not on there. Maybe they just got released in America first?
08-27-02 02:14 PM
Stonesprofessor I BELIEVE the strategy was to release them in the US first, as the band JUST happens to be touring....
08-27-02 02:36 PM
Scot Rocks I went and asked in Virgin today Alex and they had no idea when they were coming in.

Mark
08-27-02 04:57 PM
Honky Tonk Man Oh well. Guess we will just have to wait and see. Did they know what you were evan talking about?

Cheers Mark

Alex
08-27-02 06:25 PM
Lacride I've seen Aftermath (US) tonight in a shop-window of the city (Zurich, Switzerland). More infos tomorrow morning!
08-27-02 06:31 PM
jean-pierrre M They are available today in Paris as imports...
08-28-02 07:09 AM
beer Let It Bleed without spaces between songs? Why? What for?
08-28-02 07:16 AM
Nellcote Original LIB was to have been released in that manner, however, got nixed at the time.
08-28-02 05:20 PM
Lacride My preferred VCD-Studio has sold his complete stock of remastered (US imports) within two days. Next delivery on Monday perhaps... He told me: "It was a real rush of younger and older fans. I couldn't believe it. I was - positively - amazed! By the way, the quality of the sound is great, nothing to compare with the first CDs, pretty bad..."
08-28-02 05:22 PM
Joey " I was - positively - amazed! By the way, the quality of the sound is great, nothing to compare with the first CDs, pretty bad..."

Thank You Lacride .....

I would like to cuddle you tight and tickle you with my erect nipples .

08-28-02 05:26 PM
Lacride
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I was - positively - amazed! By the way, the quality of the sound is great, nothing to compare with the first CDs, pretty bad..."

Thank You Lacride .....

I would like to cuddle you tight and tickle you with my erect nipples .

Wow! Joey, really? No silicone? All natural? Amazing, I'm getting wet!
08-28-02 05:31 PM
Nasty Habits Imagine my shock and horror yesterday when I opened my latest shipment from my distributor only to find out that no copies of the Stones CDs were left when it came poor ol' Nasty's turn at the CD trough! Now I have to wait til next week.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Crying like a nasty baby.

08-28-02 05:46 PM
Soul Survivor How does the remaster of "Ya Ya's" sound?

Can you hear the woman get mad after she says "Paint It Black you devil" and then they play "Sympathy"?

IT turns out, "Sympathy" was dedicated to her and for that show only.........the song was simply called "Sympathy".

But I'm serious cuz I wanna know If i should get it
==========================================

Where did my peanuts go?

(Soulie reads his signature)

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
08-28-02 05:49 PM
Lacride
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Imagine my shock and horror yesterday when I opened my latest shipment from my distributor only to find out that no copies of the Stones CDs were left when it came poor ol' Nasty's turn at the CD trough! Now I have to wait til next week.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Crying like a nasty baby.

Let's cry to the hard waiting Stones-fans...
08-28-02 05:58 PM
Soul Survivor Let's drink to the long waiting stones fans
Let's drink to the remaster Cd's
Raise your glass to the 60's cattalog
Let's drink.......the fans are pleased

Say a prayer, for a sterio "Hitmakers"
The sound is all in mono
"Gimme Shelter" still sounds the same
But it sounds a bit better, it's a remaster, you know

And when I play the new Beggar's Banguet
"Street Fighting Man" it really shines
It don't sound real to me
In fact it sound's so strange?

Let's drink to the long waiting stones fans
A new sound of the same old songs
Make a purchase, at your local Best Buy
With sounds like these, you can't go wrong

Spare a thought, for the new creations
Put them on, let the music flow
Keep the new sounds.....stuck in your head
Keep them in, don't let them go

And when I play the new Beggar's Banguet
"Street Fighting Man" it really shines
It don't sound real to me
In fact it sound's so strange?

Let's Drink
To the remaster Cd's
Let's drink
To the remaster Cd's

08-28-02 06:02 PM
ElmoLewis
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
How does the remaster of "Ya Ya's" sound?

Can you hear the woman get mad after she says "Paint It Black you devil" and then they play "Sympathy"?

IT turns out, "Sympathy" was dedicated to her and for that show only.........the song was simply called "Sympathy".

But I'm serious cuz I wanna know If i should get it
==========================================

Where did my peanuts go?

(Soulie reads his signature)

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

If you listen carefully you can hear that same snipet of that women somewhere on Flashpoint. I have forgotten where. Perhaps someone can point out where
08-28-02 06:06 PM
Soul Survivor IS it before they do "Paint It Black"?
======================================

7 days = week
5 days = Licks World Tour

5 is less than 7

Get it?

Less than week till Licks World Tour!
08-28-02 06:24 PM
Lacride Soul Survivor, record your lyrics, put it on the board, you're gonna make a HIT!!!
08-28-02 06:26 PM
Soul Survivor Thank You, Thank You

Maybe I will.........no music either. Just a vocal track.

Then it can be added to the "Rocks Off Soundtrack" album.

It will be alongside Joey's song titles "Chiba Chiba" in witch the only lyrics are........."Chiba Chiba"
08-28-02 06:53 PM
Lacride
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
Thank You, Thank You

Maybe I will.........no music either. Just a vocal track.

Then it can be added to the "Rocks Off Soundtrack" album.

It will be alongside Joey's song titles "Chiba Chiba" in witch the only lyrics are........."Chiba Chiba"

Free chiba for our politicians... what a cool world!
08-28-02 07:03 PM
Soul Survivor So this is what we have so far.

"Rocks Off Soundtrack"
1. Remastered CD's - Soul Survivor aka Soulie
2. Chiba Chiba - Joey aka Clubby

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road