ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Shepherds Bush Empire, London - December 11, 2001
By Richard Young

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Satisfaction, Giants Stadium '94 Return to archive
08-25-02 05:24 PM
Soul Survivor This isn't real important, but is it just me or does Mick mix up the verses at this concert?
08-25-02 05:27 PM
JaggaRichards it wouldn't be the first time. I saw them at GS in '97-Starfucker started and Mick sang the first words of IORR!!
08-25-02 06:41 PM
crb69 Holy shit! I remember that happening. I couldn't believe he did that. But as a musician I can relate. The 2 songs start out very similar. It must be easy to get distracted on that huge stage. All it takes is something small to screw you up sometimes.
08-25-02 07:11 PM
lonecrapshooter Do you guys have the bootleg to the other Giants Stadium '97 show? (10/16/97) It's Called Factory Guys and its real good qality. Awseome SM and GS also FG. Defintely get this. I also have a bootleg for the 16th but it's not very good quality.
08-25-02 08:54 PM
Soul Survivor
quote:
JaggaRichards wrote:
it wouldn't be the first time. I saw them at GS in '97-Starfucker started and Mick sang the first words of IORR!!

I was just thinking about that. The intros are almost exactly the same
08-26-02 01:01 PM
marko I got the whole tour if you want guys,,,,btw what NJ show
you mean,from 1994?they did 4 shows then,one of them is
available on sbd quality.I think the 1st was a damn killer!
08-26-02 01:26 PM
Soul Survivor
quote:
marko wrote:
I got the whole tour if you want guys,,,,btw what NJ show
you mean,from 1994?they did 4 shows then,one of them is
available on sbd quality.I think the 1st was a damn killer!

I'm talking about the one thats on the boot "Bite The Big Apple"
08-26-02 01:43 PM
goatshead I was at the first 2 of the shows and I have the video from the 2nd show. Yes, Mick did screw up Satisfaction those first two nights. I believe he did the first verse twice. Didn't he screw it up in Hampton '81 as well?
08-26-02 01:58 PM
voodoopug If I remember correctly, Mick was quite distracted during the Hampton 81 performance of satisfaction when Keith Played Sammy Sosa on that poor ass clown that ran on stage
08-26-02 04:18 PM
TT I have to correct you:

In 97 he started singing IORR with the Starfucker lyrics.

He turned round, looked at Ronnie. he took his cig out of the mouth and shouted IF.

Jagger went: IF I WOULD STICK MY ...
08-27-02 01:46 AM
marko Bite the big apple is New Jersey 8.14.1994,its complete
sbd,a muddy,the sound is not clear.BUT,theres also boot
called sparks will fly,its one cd of this same show,in
BRILLIANT quality.Its taken from the tour video.its about
77mins.I think i have bite the big apple,still somwhere.
But my audience recording is much pleasant to listen.
08-27-02 05:54 PM
sonicrock in 1981 jagger never sings the words of neighbors right one single time. compared to tatto you but who s care really??

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road