ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Shepherds Bush Empire, London - December 11, 2001
By Richard Young

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: pics of gillete stadium Return to archive
08-25-02 03:49 PM
jaggedstone took a ride today to take a peek at the new Gilette stadium and took some pics,can anyone tell me how to post the pics or if that is even possible?...thanks
08-26-02 05:19 PM
Bob Tamp I heard it's fucking pisser, man

LETS DRINK TO THE HARD WORKING PEOPLE
08-26-02 05:23 PM
Saint Sway has anyone been? And would care to share what the stadium is like?

cant wait for the show!
08-26-02 05:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Here you go! Thanks Jaggedstoned, he sent them to me and I e-mailed him the links but now that you asked

08-26-02 07:22 PM
jaggedstone thanks voodoo for posting the npics,appreciate it very much..we took a ride on sunday just to check it out,looks state of the art from what we could see..lots of parking but it will cost ya 20.00!..gotta pay for the new stadium i guess.....thanks again voodoo
08-26-02 07:23 PM
jaggedstone actually its 25.00 to park...ooops
08-26-02 08:04 PM
Nellcote Gillette Stadium, 8 miles from Nellcote...

It is state of the art, probably the best in the NFL.

Parking is $25. at stadium lots, $30-40. non lots due to road improvements surcharge passed along by the state to those lot owners.

Get ready to pay big for food. $8. beers, McDonalds within the stadium, word is not your usual value meal price....
but lots of selection for food.

I imagine, and this is just speculation, however,
with NE Patriots opening the stadium to US Style football
on 09/08, that the Stones would be able to work out their
stadium rehearsals at the facility, while in Boston for the week, as after 08/28, there is not an event at the stadium, the Patriots have a separate practice field.

So...we'll see...
08-26-02 08:13 PM
Joey Thanks Voodoo for posting these beautiful pics .

It looks like a real state of the art facility -- This and the brand spanking new " Ford Field " in Detroit , " Reliant Stadium " in Houston , " Olympic Park " in Seattle and next year's new " Soldier Field " in Chicago . Hell , I believe even Philadelphia is finally constructing a new football stadium and shedding the Vet . The Rolling Stones are going to be playing in some real sparkling , shiny new venues .

....Ah , the grand ol years when the states had money .

08-26-02 09:14 PM
nankerphelge It looks fucking enormous!!
Fuck yup!
08-26-02 09:20 PM
Nellcote Some additional facts....

68,000 seats, only 8,000 more than Foxboro Stadium

Level 3 seating is high, bring oxygen..

Only stadium built in recent years without
Private Seat Licenses to season ticket holders of Patriots tickets

Lighthouse in front to give New England feel

Private entrance/exit roadway for club box holders

Expect traffic delays, as the kinks are still being worked out with new traffic patterns
08-26-02 11:19 PM
JaggaRichards Hope it's better then that old dump!
No, I'm not talking about Fenway ParK!
08-27-02 02:41 AM
jaggedstone lol jagga...only losers play at fenway...Lets Go Yankees!!!
08-27-02 12:03 PM
David
quote:

Expect traffic delays, as the kinks are still being worked out with new traffic patterns

Poor old Ray and Dave. Nobody remembers these dudes. The inventors of distortion and the guitar solo.
08-27-02 04:25 PM
fyujm20
quote:
David wrote:

Poor old Ray and Dave. Nobody remembers these dudes. The inventors of distortion and the guitar solo.

The Kinks should be a warmup act on this tour!
Jim
08-27-02 04:35 PM
David
quote:
fyujm20 wrote:

The Kinks should be a warmup act on this tour!
Jim

Hey the Kinks are cool but I'm no traffic fan. Steve Winwood bites.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road