ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

Shepherds Bush Empire, London - December 11, 2001
By Richard Young

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Hiway Child" Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-26-02 01:47 PM
Soul Survivor At Keno's site it said it was Mick and Charlie so thats all I know
08-26-02 02:16 PM
sirmoonie At Keno's site its said what I said it said, which is quite different from what you just said it said. Know what I'm saying?
08-26-02 04:12 PM
Soul Survivor Yeah, I just remember something along the lines of that
08-26-02 04:59 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
ERWAN wrote:

Stonedinauqtralia, I think you can heat your hat :

what, before i eat it ...btw what is the recommended serving temperature for hat

actually, if you read my post i said i'd "almost" say i'd eat my hat... sorry to be a fence sitter but i'm not prepared to commit myself to anything on this...just trying to avoid that sinking "fuckwit" feeling

anyway, didn't you say it was jimmy m. in your first post on this thead?

how do we resolve this?

can't ask jimmy miller?

mick probably doesn't remember

can we get a message through to charlie and ask him what he knows?

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
08-26-02 05:54 PM
ERWAN I didn't say that J.Miller play on Highway Child (there is only Mick,Keith and Charlie)I said that Miller like R Cooder participate to those session in Keith's Basement called the "5th Dimension"
Those information are in the book by Terry Rawlings & Keith Badman :"Good Times,Bad Times, the definitive diary of the Rolling Stones 1960-1969" :Exc.book!!!
08-26-02 06:06 PM
stonedinaustralia here's what you said

>Highway Child was recorded on Wedn June 26th 68 :the group jammed and recorded at Redlands in the "Fith Dimension" (the name given to Keith's basement, after he'd knocked out three walls into one large room), with Jimmy Miller, Glyn Johns and American musician, Ry Cooder on slide guitar.Songs recorded included :Highway Child and Still A Fool
Erwan<

i guess you can see how i misunderstood you

cheers
08-27-02 02:03 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Although the guitar of Highway Child doesn't sound to complicated (in fact the song is a fairly simple rocker -but an eefective one), the guitar isn't too simple to play. The bends in the main riff are typical Cuck Berry styled bends, which surely needs some serious practicing in order to do well. Mick jagger could have never played this guitar, certainly not in 1968, where he just started to learn the basic chords. Listen for example to the Surrey Rehearsels, recorded at Keith's basement by a visiting interviewer. There we have Jagger bashing away on guitar, and that surely isn't a treat to listen to.

Mathijs

.....What are The Surrey Rehearsels?...Just curious as I consider myself a native of the region, so to speak. Is it Richmond?
08-27-02 09:08 AM
Mathijs Taken from Nico Zentgraf's great site:

1st March onwards: Morden, Surrey, R.G. Jones Studios. Rehearsals for the upcoming
album Beggars Banquet (possibly without BJ). Producer: Jimmy Miller. Sound engineer:
Eddie Kramer. Additional musician: STU on piano.
- I�ll Coming Home (Trad.) 2.58 -vocal
- tuning 0.27
- No Expectations I 0.58 -instrumental (listen to the slide guitar!)
- tuning 0.25
- No Expectations II 1.19 -instrumental (listen to the slide guitar!)
- Stray Cat Blues I 1.04 -instrumental
- unknown 1 1.01 -instrumental
- rehearsal for �unknown 2� 0.28 -instrumental
- unknown 2 1.15 -vocal (vocals not very audible)
- rehearsals for "unknown" 3 0.22 -instrumental
- unknown 3 0.15 -instrumental
- unknown 4 0.14 -instrumental, sounding like �unknown 2�
- Rock Me Baby (Bill Broonzy/Arthur Crudup) 0.45 -vocal, pt. of below
- Stray Cat Blues II 5.34 -instrumental
- unknown 5 0.12 -instrumental, sounding like �unknown 6�
- rehearsal for `unknown 6' 0.35 -instrumental
- unknown 6 4.28 -instrumental
- Stray Cat Blues III 0.13 -instrumental
- tuning 0.15
- unknown 7 0.23 -instrumental, sounding like �unknown 6�
- tuning 0.25
- Hold On! I'm Comin' (Isaac Hayes/David Porter) 4.49 -vocal
- Jumping Jack Flash 1 2.35 -instrumental
- Shoot My Baby I (Jimmy Reed) 2.48 -instr., funky rhythm
- Shoot My Baby II (Jimmy Reed) 0.29 -instrumental
- Shoot My Baby III (Jimmy Reed) 2.51 -vocal
- Rock Me Baby (Big Bill Broonzy/A. Crudup) 0.49 -vocal, pt. of above
- Stray Cat Blues IV 0.01 -instrumental, one bar only
- unknown 8 0.04 -instrumental, piano only
- interview with MJ, KR and CW by Keith Altham
- unknown 9 1.01 -instrumental (piano improvisation)
- Jumping Jack Flash 2 1.08 -instrumental
Note: No Expectations, Jumping Jack Flash and Stray Cat Blues (all MJ/KR)
are very early versions which have very few to do with the final versions.
Times only approximative.

These rehearsels are available on VGP's "Surrey Rehearsels", sound quality varies from dramatic to unlistenable.

Mathijs
08-27-02 05:29 PM
ERWAN Mathijs
T
08-27-02 05:36 PM
ERWAN Mathijs
The Surrey Rehearsals were happened on march 14th at R.G. Jones studio in Morden,Surrey. Brian was not here : he was in Paris celebrating his 26th birthday.
On the VGP "Surrey Rehearsal" they forgot to put No Expectation
Erwan
08-28-02 02:15 AM
gypsymofo60 Mathijs, Thanx for the info! Seems rather funny to think of the boys recording in Morden!......No offence to locals intended,if it was, I'd be offending myself also..Cheers again!
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road