ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Promoting Stone Alone - 1991
Someone

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gram Parsons Return to archive
08-24-03 11:41 PM
keefa Hey everyone,

Does anyone own any gram parsons CD's? How are they?

Im in search of some good, solid music by people who had at least an ounce of talent. Im sick of buying a CD and finding that the music is alright, but its just not good enough to bring me back again and again. I like pretty much all genres (rock, country, blues, folk etc.) and i like origional well written songs. If anyone has any suggestions for albums or artists, i really would love to hear from you, as i am getting tired of my current collection.

Thanks,

keefa
08-25-03 02:27 AM
Highwire Rob ...oops, didn't mean to post here...sorry
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
08-25-03 02:30 AM
Egbert Don't have any solo GP or Flying Burrito Bros stuff, but The Byrds' "Sweetheart Of The Rodeo" isn't bad (lots of covers, though).

Along the same lines I would recommend Uncle Tupelo's "Anodyne" as well.

08-25-03 05:36 PM
scully You can get a (midprice) CD with both Gram's solo LPs (GP and Greivous Angel) on it. They're wonderful records that you will go back to forever.

As for the Buritto Bros, the Gilded Palace of Sin is a stone classic. I think 'Burrito Deluxe' has Gram's version of Wild Horses on it, its a patchier record but has its moments.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Scully.
08-25-03 05:38 PM
scully You can get a (midprice) CD with both Gram's solo LPs (GP and Greivous Angel) on it. They're wonderful records that you will go back to forever.

As for the Buritto Bros, the Gilded Palace of Sin is a stone classic. I think 'Burrito Deluxe' has Gram's version of Wild Horses on it, its a patchier record but has its moments.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I have.

Scully.