ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Promoting Stone Alone - 1991
Someone

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: if you have time....A GREAT show to catch while in the UK Return to archive
08-21-03 08:04 PM
Jaxx i don't know if THIS is going to make anybody feel better, but bob weir's band RATDOG is also in england. now this is a fun band. great blues, R&B and awesome guitar as well. bob is more relaxed with this band than with "the other ones"/"the dead" and they have a sax player as well.
cancelled stones? do yourself a favor and HOWL WITH THIS BAND!!! after all a little bit is better than nadia and this band does not disappoint. dates are:

8/22 The Astoria London/UK
8/23 Robin 2 Wolverhampton/UK
8/24 Canterbury Fayre Kent/UK
8/25 The Stables Milton Keynes/UK
8/27 Life Cafe Manchester/UK

08-21-03 08:28 PM
Lazy Bones Still no bloody Canadian dates. After they return, they play the Marin Music Festival in San Rafael 6th September and 6 dates in October.

Rrrr.

The closest Dead fix was the Darien Lake show. Mick Taylor in my hometown beat out that show that night, however.
08-22-03 05:20 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Plenty of time with shows being cancelled ;-)
[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]
08-22-03 03:01 PM
Jaxx no colorado shows announced yet either. beacon in NYC, tho. i know i'm being pushy, but go for it. the ticket is 1/4 of the price of a stones show and the venues are cozy. bob is a great vocalist. his voice is soulful to say the least. they do lots of rocknroll, blues and r&b standards like good morning little school girl, walkin' blues, little red rooster, the over done not fade away as well as many others.
08-22-03 03:57 PM
jb Hey Jaxx...my friend, a huge dead fan, recently saw the "dead" and Bob Dyaln..He said the "Dead" were awful.
08-22-03 04:14 PM
Jaxx i would believe it. it can happened and it used to happen to the grateful dead as well. catch jerry garcia on a bad night and fagetaboutit. jam band concerts are not slick and practised shows. whatever happens, happens for better or worse. i am thankful i have been on the 4better side more often than not. my favorite part is the anticipation of "what will they play next".

and because it is everchanging, tapers are more than welcome to document the show. there's even a taper section. the antithesis, really of the rolling stones, who allegedly are having tapers arrested so be careful out there.
[Edited by Jaxx]
08-22-03 04:28 PM
jb True...and aas much as we love the Stones, they are certainly are not fan friendly.
08-22-03 06:35 PM
Jaxx
quote:
jb wrote:
True...and aas much as we love the Stones, they are certainly are not fan friendly.

exactly. greedy is the word that comes to my mind. how much more money do they need to make, anyway? charging 3 figures for concert tix, harrassing tapers for taping their cookie cutter shows,and limiting access to their club shows. i keep wondering how the same folks get to go to all the club shows while so many get stashed out. me thinks that they are catering to the VIP crowd, a 180 degree turn from the anti establishment rogues i fell in love with 3 decades ago. the boyz have seriously disappointed me. i've made a decision to quit supporting this multimaking money machine. i'm not convinced i will attend another show at the prices they are asking. i'm sticking to boots. its the only way i've been able to hear any of these club shows!viva les tapers!
08-23-03 08:05 PM
kath if you guys are gonna be in london for the "make up show", check out georgie fame at ronnie scoot's jazz club in soho. georgie is great!!!
08-23-03 09:19 PM
Boomy Jaxx, I can't disagree with you.

3 figures doesn't bother me. It's the amount of 3 figures they charge for tickets that gets me. I mean, who actually fucking pays $300 for ONE TICKET to see them for 2 hours? The people that pay that are the ones that are allowing them to charge it. So, it's almost a double-edged sword. If people didn't pay, they wouldn't have toured or they would've lowered ticket prices.

Honestly, I think the people that did pay that wasted their money. Could've bought something nice for the house, some records, or something that would last awhile. Shit, imagine that you spent $300 to see Keith at a show where he fucks up the intro to Brown Sugar!!! The Stones aren't the only ones, but they are the ones that started the "BIG TOUR" franchise. God damn I love this band so much, but I can't afford to see them more than twice on a tour where the lowest ticket price is $50. With college expenses, saving money from the summer job, etc...I can't do it. It's all for the older folks, I guess. It's like there is an age limit to see them, like only the people that have grown with them through the years can go to a show.

But it won't stop me from liking their music..it will, however, make me hate the way they run things now. And, I'm sad to say, it won't change after this tour. It will be more expensive and harder to see them if you are a young rock n' roll fan.

And I hate when people say they charged $50 for club show tickets. Holy lord, you had to join a website for about $100 to get a first crack at tickets, and when that happened, they were gone. Never a win-win situation..always some game that has to be played.

Other than the "big business", their music will always be something that interests me.
[Edited by Boomy]
08-25-03 05:57 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Boomy wrote:
Other than the "big business", their music will always be something that interests me.

exactly my sentiments. in an effort to boycott the multimillion dollar machine that restricts access and has their fans arrested for taping, i'll get my fix via the black market. only boots for me. no more hard cash.