ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Promoting Stone Alone - 1991
Someone

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who Could Drink More? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
08-22-03 10:37 AM
Factory Girl John Bonham could've drank any of you live ones under (RIP Bonzo).

08-22-03 10:38 AM
telecaster joey yesterday on the radio I heard "Lets See Action" live with Eddie Vedder. Sounded great

What is that from?

The DJ said it is a recent release
08-22-03 10:38 AM
sirmoonie Joey, when is the 25 anniversary of The Day the Music Died? Is it the 27th? I wonder if Charlie will insist on a moment of silence for his fallen skinsian comrade.
08-22-03 10:40 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
John Bonham could've drank any of you live ones under (RIP Bonzo).

He was good, FG. But not in the class of Moonie.

Morrison should have been on the list, btw. No matter what you think of his poetry, the man could drink like a piss neck stallion on ludes.
08-22-03 10:48 AM
Joey " Hey Joey, I actually owned Two Sides of the Moon once. I saw it in a cut-out bin for 10 bucks. I brought it up to the cashier dude and said "I'll bet this has been here for years, I'll give you 2 bucks for it." He said "It has been here for years. It costs 10 bucks." So I gave him 10 bucks."

I love that story !!!!!!!!!

Moonie died Septmeber 7th , 1978

http://www.keithmoon.com/

Tele .................the disc you are talking about is the recently released " THE WHO at the Royal Albert Hall 2000 " . It also contains performances from Feb. 2002 ( Entwistle's last with the boys ) .

Please buy it and thank me later .....................

JACKY !

08-22-03 10:51 AM
Joey

Oh , and by the way , I also own " Two Sides of the Moon " and bought it on Vinyl from a " Used Record Store " in the Plaza Area of Kansas City in 1989 .

True Story !

J.
08-22-03 11:58 AM
jb Where's Baby Elian? JACKY....JACKY....JACKY...JACKY...
[Edited by jb]
08-22-03 12:08 PM
Joey " Where's Baby Elian? "

You make Young Jacky say , " Huh ?????? "

Josh, do you think there is something seriously wrong with Jagger's Health ???????

I got bad Vibes ..........................and you ????

If they cancel Sunday's gig I may go to church this Sunday Evening for the first time since 1982 ( Excluding weddings and funerals of course ) . Ya's knows , regarding all of the weddings I have been to over the years , I bet seventy percent of those couples have split by now --- Damn , all of those wasted Fondue Plates I gave as Wedding Presents is enough to make a grown Jacky recoil in horror .

Shiver .......................

Developing ....................

SKEE !

08-22-03 12:54 PM
Factory Girl Yes, Jim Morrison was a drunken bloated doozy. Shall we list the members of the Dead Drunken Boated Doozy Club???

1. Bonzo
2. KMoonie
3. BJ
4. Jimi H.
5. Janis J
6. Mama Cass (or was that a Ham sandwich??)
08-22-03 01:26 PM
jb i THINK mICK IS LITERALLY SICK OF PLAYING WITHOUT GUITAR SUPPORT...STRAINS THE VOICE YA'KNOW...
08-22-03 01:43 PM
Factory Girl your typing went to hell. Where are your digits???
08-22-03 01:44 PM
jb This new lap top is difficult to use for my big fingers.<:
08-22-03 02:03 PM
Joey " i THINK mICK IS LITERALLY SICK OF PLAYING WITHOUT GUITAR SUPPORT...STRAINS THE VOICE YA'KNOW... "

WTF ?!?!?!?!

Keith is an Animal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now , THIS :

Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Ja Jacky !

KINS !
08-22-03 02:58 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
i THINK mICK IS LITERALLY SICK OF PLAYING WITHOUT GUITAR SUPPORT...STRAINS THE VOICE YA'KNOW...

jb keep in mind the sound that The Stones are hearing from the monitors on stage is totally different than what we are hearing.

Back in my band days we thought we were rocking with my
double humbucker Tele with that "crunch" sound from the 73
tour. It was like Wild Turkey 101, full bodied, solid, sweet yet harsh. Raw.

Then we heard a tape from the crowd. Ouch.

As Keith says, we are the only people who have never seen The Stones live
08-22-03 03:51 PM
jb "Wild Turkey"-Tele, before I even had my first jack-n-coke I was drinking bottles of WT straight up in my Univ. of Florida days.....That and Bacardi 151 and i was literally on fire.....
08-23-03 12:43 AM
gypsy I'd put my dad up against any one of those drunks on the list. My dad could have drank them all under the table...got up, kicked some frat boys' asses, went home and made some scrambled eggs, and got up and went to work like it ain't no thing.
08-23-03 04:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Damn...this thread is making my liver feel all funny.

OUR LAGER, WHICH ART IN BARRELS,
HALLOWED BE THY DRINK.
THY WILL BE DRUNK, I WILL BE DRUNK, AT HOME, AS IT IS IN THE PUB.
GIVE US THIS DAY OUR FOAMY HEAD,
AND FORGIVE OUR SPILLAGE, AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO SPILL AGAINST US.
AND LEAD US NOT TO INCARCERATION,
BUT DELIVER US FROM HANGOVERS.
FOR THINE IS THE BEER, THE BITTER AND THE LAGER, FOREVER AND EVER
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
08-23-03 08:52 AM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
That and Bacardi 151 and i was literally on fire.....

What is it with Bacardi? I was drinking Bacardi Gold last night and I needed the fire extinguisher!!!

LadyJ.
08-23-03 12:46 PM
Sir Stonesalot Bacardi 151 is wimpy.

I bought this stuff in Barbados...Mount sumthinerother...157 proof. Then when I was in Grenada I goy this spiced rum called Jack Iron that is 160 proof. You can peel paint with that stuff.

I can't drink like I used to be able to. Me and my one buddy Mike, we just got STARTED with a case of beer and a fifth of hootch. That would get us in the mood for some serious drinking.

We used to have a game that we played when we got bored. We would buy a half gallon of vodka, a gallon of premixed lemonade, and a 20 oz 7up. We'd dump half the lemonade, add the vodka and 7up. The game was that we had to pass the jug until it was empty...without sitting it down. It was funny, our chicks would want to play, or some other friends...and after about 15 minutes, they'd be all fallin' down and stuff. I remember once after playing that game, I rode the roof of my buddies IROC Z like a surf board right down the middle of Main St in Port Royal. Oh yeah, I was butt naked. Later that afternoon we went to a pig roast and got REALLY drunk.

At one time, I could drink with the best of them. Now, I'm sorry to say, my alcohol tolerance has diminished. I can't do superhuman feats of consumption any longer...but I can still out drink normal social drinkers.
08-23-03 03:35 PM
marko hah,reminds me when i was 19 or so,Used to drink liter of
vodka,for an hour and half.Or even 3years ago,12beers,
half a liter vodka,then to bar.Good that those times are
over.
08-24-03 11:26 AM
Factory Girl my liver needs an adjustment
08-24-03 01:17 PM
telecaster speaking of drinking, I had one of my best times drinking yesterday. A buddy and I went to a street fest in Chicago and we were walking by a cellphone store and two hotties were standing outside and asked us if we wanted a free beer

5 hours later with darkness falling we walked out

By the end of the day I was behind the counter explaining the different cellphone packages to people

A couple from Ireland drank with us for an hour, people from Mexico, Turkey, Germany all who had never met just sitting around like life long friends

All because of beer

08-24-03 01:24 PM
telecaster
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
my liver needs an adjustment

From the Onion. www.onion.com

"Liver Flees George Jones' Body
NASHVILLE, TN—After more than 40 years of absorbing vast quantities of hard alcohol, George Jones' liver finally fled the famed country singer's body Tuesday. "I can't take it anymore," the liver said. "A liver can only process so many toxins before it says to hell with it." Jones' liver absorbed its final drink early Tuesday morning, a bourbon and branch water that Jones had with some eggs for breakfast. Until it can find a place of its own, Jones' liver plans to share an apartment with Merle Haggard's liver and Hank Williams Jr.'s lungs"
08-24-03 01:38 PM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I'd put my dad up against any one of those drunks on the list. My dad could have drank them all under the table...got up, kicked some frat boys' asses, went home and made some scrambled eggs, and got up and went to work like it ain't no thing.

In addition to raising the coolest chick on the Internet, your father sounds like a fine man

No wonder why he ran joey off like the did
08-25-03 06:51 AM
shakedhandswithkeith what`s about DIGGER BARNES?
08-25-03 09:35 AM
JaggaRichards I came down from Mount Lushmore years ago, though I sometimes still visit on the weekends......
08-25-03 09:58 AM
jb wHY IS MY AVATAR DYSFUNTIONAL?
08-25-03 11:05 AM
Jumacfly you all forgot to mention Boris Elstine....he might be on the podium!!
08-25-03 11:18 AM
jb Yelstin
08-25-03 11:24 AM
Jumacfly that s how we spell it in France Djibi!
however you write it, the alcohol quantity is the same for him!!
Page: 1 2 3