ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Promoting Stone Alone - 1991
Someone

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the 1978 US Tour (part 2) Return to archive Page: 1 2
08-20-03 04:24 PM
jb bEING kEITH...i MISSED THAT DOCUMENTRY.
08-20-03 04:26 PM
Joey " bEING kEITH...i MISSED THAT DOCUMENTRY. "

www.KeithMoon.com

Keithy !
08-20-03 06:01 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
JUST CHECKED IORR-ONLY 30,404 FOR B2B..i STILL LOVE YA!

Really?? Damn.

Okay, next time I'm in Miami Beach, drinks at the Delano are on me!!

LadyJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
08-20-03 09:10 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
CAN YOU TEACH ME THINGS? lIKE HOW TO CUT AND PASTE OR POST A LINK ?

*BLANK STARE*

Josh, my dear friend...
No offense, but you obviously hired your secretary for her clerical skills, no?

(thought not... LOL!)
08-20-03 09:30 PM
Maxlugar Let's be truly honest and say 1975 was the last real Stones tour.

1981 was just about there though.

Iraq is to Vietnam the way a child's sandbox is to the Sahara Desert. Please Joey! 200 dead soldiers in five months? Talk about defining a quagmire down.

MACKY!
08-21-03 07:22 AM
JaggaRichards the Stones sounded like crap at JFK stadium in Philly back in 78.
and i drove all the way there from Camden!!!!!
08-21-03 10:46 AM
Joey " Iraq is to Vietnam the way a child's sandbox is to the Sahara Desert. Please Joey! 200 dead soldiers in five months? Talk about defining a quagmire down. "

Macky ........................

You are totally missing the point . Iraq is EXACTLY like the Vietnam because we have no exit strategy . There is no plan for getting our troops out of there without the entire country collapsing and getting nibbled apart by its neighbors .

A Neutered Saddam held that country together and now it is costing us ten Billion a MONTH to do same -- Money we do not have to fix all of these Power Grids where you live .
( Plus , and here is the REAL horror of last weeks' blackout , Steely Dan was forced to postpone their Toronto gig until September 9th -- You ARE still going to the Jones Beach performance this Friday night , right ?!?!?!?!?! ) .

Developing .......................................

Oh , and Thursday night the AC was pumping out so much cold air at my girlfrined's home that you could have hung meat in there ....................that and the BarenJager was ICE COLD .

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Tasty ! Skittles Joe !

What ?!?!?!?! Oh , sure , here ya go :

http://www.liquorama.net/product.asp?0=200&1=208&3=18540&OVRARG=02u3hs9yoatktMrcjMj89NTy4sz4lLzCnOzi3PzK%2BLzcjLUU2zLErNSkrLT0xSLbIrWIVWo2UCAACKjCoW

JACKY !
08-22-03 08:20 AM
Maxlugar Exit strategy????

Frig that!

We're still in Germany and Japan saving those ungrateful welfare queens from..

HOLY SHIT! Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders on FOX!

LATER!!

08-22-03 01:42 PM
jb Max, I took my boys to a Miami Dolphin practice at Pro-Player stadium and the dolphin cheerleaders were giving autographs..I advised my boys that this was a great opportunity to see the cheerleaders up close. They showed little interest which concerned me . I advised them that in a few years they will be very interested in being up close to woman who look like dolphin cheerleaders. I dragged them over and we got atleast a dozen autographs on a glossy picture they were handing out....I hope I handled this correctly.....my kids are using the phrase "gay lord" quite often.
08-22-03 01:56 PM
Joey " I hope I handled this correctly.....my kids are using the phrase "gay lord" quite often. "

Two words :

Pete Townshend

" Slang Me Ronnie "

KINS !!!!!!!
08-22-03 02:01 PM
jb Gary Glitter?
08-22-03 02:06 PM
Joey " Gary Glitter? "

Gore Vidal !!!!!!

Shudder .......................

SKEE !
08-22-03 08:19 PM
Maxlugar Pete Townsend.

FLITTER!!!

Massey!
08-24-03 07:59 AM
palacerevolution '78 was absolute dynamite. Last time they went out as a barebones Rockband. Mac on piano, no fucking Horns or BU choir. Keith and Ronnie had to actually play to carry the sound. Nowadays Ron can afford to mug around so much cause he's got Leavell, Horns and at times even prerecorded rhythm trax carrying him. In '78 they were riding high on a brandnew redhot studioalbum, actually had something to prove to the world. Went downtown, uptown and didn't even bother to take it to Europe. Nothing against the Euro brothers, but it was just a general "Fuck you" to big business decisions. Jagger tore it up in red vinyl, left his damn feathered head dress at home. The setlist was great!
08-24-03 09:12 AM
nankerphelge Yep!

Stones on fire for sure!!

I think it might be a perfect time for a little HG to ring in this fine Sunnyday morning!!

08-24-03 10:36 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Yep!

Stones on fire for sure!!

I think it might be a perfect time for a little HG to ring in this fine Sunnyday morning!!

speaking of which, has "the Savage One" received a package from me yet? If so, what do you think?
08-26-03 09:20 PM
mac_daddy bump...

TSYX - did you receive the discs yet? have you sent them to the next in line?
08-26-03 09:56 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
bump...

TSYX - did you receive the discs yet? have you sent them to the next in line?

Hey, mac_daddy. Just got it today - I've been away from home and told my parents to forward it, which they utterly failed to do.

Next in line is Kjell, right? Kjell, check your PM.
Page: 1 2