ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Promoting Stone Alone - 1991
Someone

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why "Dirty Work" is always forgotten? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
08-11-03 09:28 AM
Joey " It was later, in my early 20's, that I bought a home "Jew-Fro" kit ................"

Priceless !

Gimme a J ! J !
Gimme a O ! O !
Gimme a E ! E !
Gimme a Y ! Y !

What's that spell ? Joey !

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah , Joooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeey !

Bunny !
08-11-03 11:23 AM
quackenbush Charlie Watts only plays on half of the songs on the record-the most solid drummer in rock and roll; Mick Jagger sounds disinterested throughout; Ronnie Wood takes up some of the songwriting slack; weird synthisizers are slapped on; the sound is selfconsciously muddied, almost as if the Stones don't want their audience to hear whats going on; they didn't bother to tour with the record and they closed up shop until 1989. Not surprisingly, I never listen to the Dirty Work cassette I bought and will not buy the cd.
08-11-03 11:37 AM
jb You know your right Max...jewish kids, by and large, are spared having to work "blue collar" jobs while growing up. I, however, coming from a single parent home, actually did work some real work. For example, at 16, I worked in for the Palm Beach County road and bridge department laying asphalt in the red-neck infested loxahachee area...I also worked on a dump truck and amased one of the largest dirty magazine collections among my peers...I also worked for a lawn mowing company as well as a moving company. In contrast, my spoiled children(god bless them) have known nothing but the backseat of a Mercedes S-class series, private schooling, large homes, and the lastest in audio and visual games. They have no concept of what it is like to grow up without things. Unfortunately, most kids these days have no real appreciation for the things people like you and I have done to make their lives better. We succeeded b/c we worked hard, took education seriously, and stopped doing drugs after college. People like you, me, Joey, SS, Moonie, and a few others have made it possible for others to enjoy the fruit of our labors....Being jewish, it sometimes really irks me at how my people seem to have no real understanding of what it's like to be poor, or to work in a gas station for minimum wage....I guess it's a cultural thing. Lastly, do you percieve any problems in a jew and cathoic marrying ?

08-11-03 11:43 AM
Joey " For example, at 16, I worked in for the Palm Beach County road and bridge department laying asphalt in the red-neck infested loxahachee area...I also worked on a dump truck and ..I also worked for a lawn mowing company as well as a moving company...................."

WTF ?!?!?!?!

Horrors !!!!!!!

Sloooooooowly I take down my Framed Portrait of Henry Kissinger and sloooooooooooowly I tack up Yasser Afarat .

" Slang Me Ronnie "

Joeskee !
08-11-03 11:44 AM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Ben Affleck got busted eating some pie!!!

Eating pie with a hooker makes as much sense as getting a rental car washed and waxed

[Edited by telecaster]
08-11-03 12:01 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Eating pie with a hooker makes as much sense as getting a rental car washed and waxed

rotflmao - that's what I say!
08-11-03 12:30 PM
Factory Girl Ben is bored with Jlo's pie. Maybe she's not keeping her pie clean.
08-11-03 08:22 PM
Joey " Maybe she's not keeping her pie clean. "

Katie .....................................

Come to Joey .

08-11-03 10:22 PM
full moon Her pie has been had by every frigging guy in Hollywood. Fuck her and her crab infested pie..
08-17-03 03:27 PM
Navin
"Bad attitudes make for great rock n roll"

Dirty Work was my first Stones album and it got me to investigate the others...and the rest is history but still nothing can touch it in terms of sheer passion, raunchiness, etc, etc. I was 15 years old and still in high school...and so I did feel dirty and life was a bitch -another great song!!
08-18-03 12:27 PM
Joey " Dirty Work was my first Stones album and it got me to investigate the others...and the rest is history but still nothing can touch it in terms of sheer passion, raunchiness, etc, etc. I was 15 years old and still in high school...and so I did feel dirty and life was a bitch -another great song!! "

WTF ?!?!?!?!?!

When you write like this , you make Joey commit..........................Ah , what is that thing that the Japanese do with the sword when they want to commit suicide or something ?????????????? I saw it once in the film " Bridge on the River Kwai " and even then the Ass- Wipe Japanese General played by Sessue Hayakawa couldn't do the job right .

Developing ..........................................

Shiver .................................................

Kins .
08-18-03 12:34 PM
mac_daddy joey - are you referring to hari kari (sp)?
08-18-03 02:16 PM
Joey

YES !!!!!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=hari-kari

Thanks ,

J. Kins Fly !
08-18-03 02:41 PM
parmeda
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Ben is bored with Jlo's pie. Maybe she's not keeping her pie clean.

LMAO!
If Jennifer was a real pie...what type of pie would she be?

I'd say, 'minced meat'.

On the otherhand, I myself would be a French silk.
Ladies...what might you be considered as?
08-18-03 02:48 PM
Joey Pammy ??????????????????

Is that really you ?!?!?!?!

What happened to the Cubs yesterday ?????

Why did Ozzy get to sing the " Seventh Inning Stretch " ????

Why didn't Steve Stone take his microphone away ?????

Why did I have soup for lunch ??????

So many questions ..................So filled is me Bladder !!!!

**** Sound of Joey getting up from his desk and running to the bathroom *******

Jacky !
08-18-03 02:58 PM
parmeda ya know, Joey...
How might one possibly fuck up one of the easiest songs in the world? Go figure... Poor Ozzy needs a nursing home.
Steve and Chip will be ranting over that performance for weeks, lol. (Could you imagine if Harry was in the booth for that one, rotflmao...)

Yes, I'm back dear...live in fear
08-18-03 03:03 PM
Factory Girl JLo would be "gag me with a spoon pie"
08-18-03 03:10 PM
Joey " Steve and Chip will be ranting over that performance for weeks, lol. (Could you imagine if Harry was in the booth for that one, rotflmao...) "

Ozzie's performance would have KILLED Harry .................

................either that or Harry watching my Baby Steelie and his girlfriend's performances in their Wrigleyville apartment during the baseball games .

JACK the Y !

08-19-03 04:17 PM
Navin How good is 'Alternate Dirty Work', getting in about a week..
08-20-03 01:50 AM
gypsy Parmy, interesting question...I think i'd be a coconut creme pie.
jb, that is a sad story about your youth...but it's also kind of humanizing...and I feel like I can relate to young blue-collar Josh.
08-20-03 07:28 AM
Maxlugar I'm bringing my daughter up with the "Jewish technique". Nothing but praise for her beauty and lots of public speaking. She will never work in a job that is beneath her. She will be richly rewarded for all things she does good and sane but firm correction if things are done bad.

I will not create another self loathing no confidence Catholic mess.

She will, however, "go through the motions" at church.

Jesus love you (and me I think)

Rev. Macky Von Tickle Boy!
08-20-03 09:41 AM
Joey " She will, however, "go through the motions" at church. "

When I was nine years old , I asked my parents why we didn't go to church like all of the other familys on the block ?

My Dad propped me up on his knee and said , " Regis ....................it's all Bullshit son ........NEVER forget that !!!!! "

" Let's get Pretentious , put on an Act Ronnie "

JACKY !
08-20-03 01:37 PM
Maxlugar HP is pulling down the Dow today.

Will you get back to work so my 401k can continue to rise?

Macky Milken!
08-20-03 08:26 PM
Joey " HP is pulling down the Dow today. "

Carly does blow and posts more than Josh .............

.............AND , she has her thumb jammed so far up my Ass that I can taste Estee' Lauder .

" Beat the living shit out of me Ronnie "

SKEE !
08-21-03 12:10 AM
Beatle Neil 'Dirty Work' is bloody awful. 5th rate and too many cover versions. A collection of filler tracks.
'Back to zero' shoulda been a Jagger solo B-side and 'Winning ugly' is just heartbreaking to have to listen to and realise it's the same band who gave us whatever our fave classic-era tracks may be...
What with 'Tattoo you' having been recorded when it was, Some tracks even featuring our mate Mr.Taylor, I conclude that 'Steel Wheels' is the only 80's Stones LP (other than 'Talk is cheap' if that counts) worth shelling out money for or hearing twice.
Still not heard it, but I REFUSE to believe (as much as people tell me it is) that 'Jamming with Edward' could be as bad as, or worse.
I know I'll get lambasted for this......

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Stones.....
But Stu deserved a better farewell than this rip-off.
08-21-03 07:33 AM
Maxlugar Dirty Work is a God-like collection of meshing, tooth bared guitar rock.

Undercover was made in the 80's too so whatchoo talkin' 'bout Willis?

08-21-03 07:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Beatle Neil wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Stones.....
But Stu deserved a better farewell than this rip-off.

Well one might argue that Stu deserved a better "everything" than he got.
08-21-03 01:10 PM
sirfito I agree with Soldatti. Nothing about Dirty Work?
I Don't understand,really.
O.K., it isn't a GREAT album, but IMO is very good.
I like it very much, and always listen it.
Of course it's a soundtrack of that year, as somebody said here....but i like it.
I remember an interview with Mick Jagger in Rolling Stone Magazine a few years ago, talking about the entire career of the Stones and when the reporter say "well, and then came "Undercover", Mick said: "still"...the reporter again: "and then "Dirty Work", Mick: "still..."
Nothing to say then an now as it seems.
But i'm still thinking that it's a very good album.
"One Hit..." it's really great to me, as others songs like "Dirty Work" and "Sleep Tonight".
Cheers,
Fito
08-21-03 01:46 PM
Joey
Actually , over the lunch hour , CNN reported that the " Dirty Work " album just sold its 19th copy here in the states . Some dude in Idaho bought it on sale at a " Used Record Store " for 5 Cents so he could use it as a blank CDR . When queried further , the gentleman reported that he has a friend who offered to burn him a copy of THE WHO's " Face Dances " album and the local Best Buy was completely out of Pristine Recordable CDR's .

" Believe it or Leave it Ronnie "

Kins !
08-21-03 01:56 PM
Boomy Oh, please, Joey.

You know "Face Dances" is way more of a piece of dung than "Dirty Work" is.

Page: 1 2 3 4