ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Weekend is Ruined! Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th August 2007 06:32 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I have been underpaid this month and the discrepancy cant be resolved until next month.

So I am really sorry guys, but I wont be able to afford the Stones gig on Sunday.

Therefore, the thong will not be attending the Dome.

I am inconsoleable at the moment.

Sorry
24th August 2007 07:19 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat ?
24th August 2007 07:21 AM
corgi37 Thats pretty funny. I dont feel sorry for you. Go mug a granny or something. Do tricks near Nelson's column. Sell dope. Get a loan. Borrow from friends. Sell your car. Sell your parents car. Sell your bosses car. Put it on credit card. Sell blood. Sell semen.

Shit mate, the possibilities are endless!
24th August 2007 07:34 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Thats pretty funny. I dont feel sorry for you. Go mug a granny or something. Do tricks near Nelson's column. Sell dope. Get a loan. Borrow from friends. Sell your car. Sell your parents car. Sell your bosses car. Put it on credit card. Sell blood. Sell semen.

Shit mate, the possibilities are endless!

I didnt post the thread as an appeal for pity.

I poseted it as a heads up for the people expecting me at the dome on Sunday.

Stick your pity up your POMie arse.
24th August 2007 08:50 AM
~Cocaine Eyes~ VS, it's me from "over yonder". These people are right. DO NOT GIVE UP!! Go to the show and hang around outside. Lord knows what might happen. You might be able to find someone who is just desperate to unload two tickets. I mean it. DO NOT GIVE UP!!
Beg, borrow, steal if you must. You SHOULD NEVER give up when it comes to the Stones. Never stop, never stop.
24th August 2007 09:23 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I have been underpaid this month and the discrepancy cant be resolved until next month.

So I am really sorry guys, but I wont be able to afford the Stones gig on Sunday.

Therefore, the thong will not be attending the Dome.

I am inconsoleable at the moment.

Sorry

I commend you for making the right decision, never take food from your family's mouth to attend a concert! And do not put it on a credit card, interest is to be earned not paid! Sorry you cannot attend the show, but I wanted to tip my cap to you for making the smart decision!
24th August 2007 09:24 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
~Cocaine Eyes~ wrote:
VS, it's me from "over yonder". These people are right. DO NOT GIVE UP!! Go to the show and hang around outside. Lord knows what might happen. You might be able to find someone who is just desperate to unload two tickets. I mean it. DO NOT GIVE UP!!
Beg, borrow, steal if you must. You SHOULD NEVER give up when it comes to the Stones. Never stop, never stop.

VS, heed these good words of advice. There are people out there right now with extras they can't get rid of, and would be willing to practically GIVE them away - you just have to find 'em, mate.
24th August 2007 09:26 AM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

VS, heed these good words of advice. There are people out there right now with extras they can't get rid of, and would be willing to practically GIVE them away - you just have to find 'em, mate.

I agree.
Don't give up VS.

LJ.
24th August 2007 09:34 AM
Gazza get your ass to the Pilot Inn on Sunday, VS.

There will be people with tickets of varying descriptions, and theres always touts.

You will NOT have to pay face value to get in.

Seriously - dont miss this.
24th August 2007 09:37 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I commend you for making the right decision, never take food from your family's mouth to attend a concert! And do not put it on a credit card, interest is to be earned not paid! Sorry you cannot attend the show, but I wanted to tip my cap to you for making the smart decision!

Thank You Pug.

Im glad you understand
24th August 2007 09:38 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Thanks for the advice guys.

Im sure I will be seeing you at the pilot inn on Sunday.
24th August 2007 09:57 AM
glencar We need Joshy more than ever!
24th August 2007 10:26 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
We need Joshy more than ever!

not as much Joshy, but his checkbook.
24th August 2007 10:30 AM
glencar It's money that matters. Scrounge, do you have paypal?
24th August 2007 10:38 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's money that matters. Scrounge, do you have paypal?

Im affraid I dont.

I dont want people to think thats I have no money in the world.

I have money, but as Pug rightly pointed out, there are other things of higher importance I will need to spend it on.

I was going to pay £125 ($250) on a pair.
Plus you have the expense involved in going to a stones gig, ie drink, travel and so on.
24th August 2007 10:46 AM
glencar I think Puggy is clearly wrong. You're not going to travel too far, you can skip (most of) the drink & you'll get to see a great show. If it were Babyshambles, I'd say, yes, skip it, but this is one of your fave groups ever. They're NOT getting any younger.
24th August 2007 10:50 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think Puggy is clearly wrong. You're not going to travel too far, you can skip (most of) the drink & you'll get to see a great show. If it were Babyshambles, I'd say, yes, skip it, but this is one of your fave groups ever. They're NOT getting any younger.

I would feel very selfish a few weeks down the line if I were to not be able to afford something because I spent the money on Stones tickets.

I have seen them 4 times now, which is much more than quite a few have had the pleasure to do.

I would dearly love to see them again and I wont let this dilema cast a shadow over my love for the band, but I also wont let it interfere my personal life.

I think I just have to take this one on the chin.
24th August 2007 10:50 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I think Puggy is clearly wrong. You're not going to travel too far, you can skip (most of) the drink & you'll get to see a great show. If it were Babyshambles, I'd say, yes, skip it, but this is one of your fave groups ever. They're NOT getting any younger.

I made many mistakes in my very early 20's as far as fiscal responsibility and had to work very hard to eliminate debt. But I will agree with what you point out that there are "economical ways" to attend this show. The key is to do it without sacrificing necessities of life. I lived check to check for a long time, as I am sure everyone here has at one point, and it is not easy. VS is looking at this responsibly, but if it were me in this situation, I would probably find a way to get into the show at a supreme discount and pass on the food/drink. Ultimately it is his choice though, and some people need the full "experience" to properly enjoy a show.

Best to you,

Pug
24th August 2007 10:52 AM
~Cocaine Eyes~ VS, it's me again. You don't HAVE TO drink, etc. at the show. Do what I do.........I FREEZE a bottle of Evian (or whatever water you like) and they let me take that in. I go in with just my husband, my tickets and my frozen bottled water. Once I'm IN, I'm thrilled to be there. All the booze , etc. is superfluous to the show/music.
Good luck and think positively.........you will get in with the right mindset.

BTW: Even with really crappy seats, the Stones usually open up the aisles for the final tunes. Make your way up closer at that point.
24th August 2007 10:54 AM
glencar But this guy is pretty young I think. If he doesn't have fun now, he'll regret it years later. I was in London in 1990 & I passed on attending the Sunday night Wembley show because I thought there'd be no way I could get a ticket(I was quite naive). It's my biggest single regret in my (Stones) life.
24th August 2007 11:02 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Thanks for all the advice guys.

I will play it by ear I think
24th August 2007 12:23 PM
pdog I have no advice or opinion. You know what is the right thing, and what to do...
I'm sorry your work screwed you...
I can see a Newspaper headline about this...
24th August 2007 12:30 PM
Martha
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Thanks for the advice guys.

Im sure I will be seeing you at the pilot inn on Sunday.

Go for it you sharped dressed man! You won't regret this!

xxoo,
Martha
24th August 2007 12:35 PM
pdog
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Thanks for all the advice guys.

I will play it by ear I think

we're all friends and family around these boards too... Don't worry about being humble around us, I'm sure you're a kind soul that would help out someone in your situation... This does not make you a scumbag, you're not Tele!!!
24th August 2007 12:38 PM
Joey " I have been underpaid this month and the discrepancy cant be resolved until next month."

24th August 2007 12:46 PM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
pdog wrote:
I have no advice or opinion. You know what is the right thing, and what to do...
I'm sorry your work screwed you...
I can see a Newspaper headline about this...

Thanks Pdog
24th August 2007 12:53 PM
pdog
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

Thanks Pdog

I'm not a religous man, but I do pray. and right now those prayers are that you and sweet virginia both make it to this show safely and with nothing but fun!
24th August 2007 01:15 PM
glencar Sweet VA is on her way. She's going to see the real "P-dog"(Prince) tonight.
24th August 2007 02:03 PM
mrhipfl You just don't wanna give up the thong! GIVE IT UP!!

seriously, I hope it all works out!!
24th August 2007 05:58 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat I got your point. Me myself was at a point in the past ready to give whatever it took to see the Stones. I'm past that now. I had a really fucking great time seeing them in Copenhagen and would have loved to go to London, but I won't. I have a lovely girlfriend since last year and just got myself a brand new house so I really can't afford it. So I won't. There really are more important things then see the Stones. Even if they still are the Greatest Rock 'n Roll band in the world and the biggest and best live act I've seen and ever will see.
[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)