ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I AM FURIOUS! Return to archive
23rd August 2007 07:03 PM
gorda I had a doctor's appointment, so I left work early to make it on time. I did not tell my boss, just his secretary. Anyways, as I was driving off, my boss was driving in! (I hope the secretary gives him my message!) So I drive clear across town, and barely make it on time! Only to be told that the doctor had an emergency, and I would have to reschedule!

"And how does this relate to the Rolling Stones?"

IT DOESN'T! BUT MICK JAGGER'S WEBSITE IS CLOSED, AND I HAVE NO WHERE ELSE TO VENT!

Geez!
23rd August 2007 07:19 PM
fireontheplatter consider yoursef lucky you were not a mayan.
23rd August 2007 07:24 PM
gorda
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
consider yoursef lucky you were not a mayan.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . I don't understand.

My favorite line used to be . . . "Shut the @#%^&! up or I will slice your heart out and offer it to my sun god."

No one ever knew what I was referring to, but now thanks to Mel Gibson's new movie, everyone does!

P.S. I am kidding! I am not a violent person!
[Edited by gorda]
23rd August 2007 07:27 PM
Brainbell Jangler That sucks. But as I recall from an earlier post, your number one priority has got to be to calm down. Everyone here wants to hear about you achieving good health. No one wants to lose another Stones fan. Be well.
23rd August 2007 07:27 PM
fireontheplatter [quote]gorda wrote:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . I don't understand.

My favorite line used to be . . . "Shut the @#%^&! up or I will slice your heart out and offer it to my sun god."

No one ever knew what I was referring to, but now thanks to Mel Gibson's new movie, everyone does!

P.S. I am kidding! I am not a violent person!
[Edited by gorda]
[/quote

RUN
23rd August 2007 07:41 PM
Some Guy Your Doctors motto is You'll get nothing and like it.
23rd August 2007 08:00 PM
gorda The thing that bothers me about Mel Gibson's movie was that he did not show the positive things about the Mayans. (e.g. Their advance studies in astronomy and mathematics.)

Yes, they sacraficed humans, but why? Were the sacrificed, just innocent victims like the movie shows? Or perhaps they were criminals?

I have never studied the Mayan culture, but I once wrote a paper on the Aztecs and I remember reading how the Spaniards burned all their codices (scrolls) and *stole all their gold. It would have been interesting to study those codices (codex) and try and figure out the reasons behind their beliefs and practices.

History has been written from the point-of-view of the colonizer and not the colonized. We will never know the actual truth.

*The Spaniards did the same thing with the Inca, melted down all their gold cultural artifacts into bars! Hundreds of years of historical artifacts! Gone!
23rd August 2007 08:19 PM
glencar Life goes on...

I have a sneaking suspicion this is really Starbuck.
24th August 2007 02:48 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
glencar wrote:

I have a sneaking suspicion this is really Starbuck.

24th August 2007 07:23 AM
corgi37 Got to Cuba. Hell of a health system there.
24th August 2007 12:49 PM
pdog
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Got to Cuba. Hell of a health system there.

All things considered, one hell of a beautiful country and the people are the salt of the earth... if Castro is an example of the healthcare, you can live to be 150 and smoke everyday.... i would find a way to deal with the commie thing.
24th August 2007 05:09 PM
fireontheplatter i thought americans we banned from cuba?

i had to drive my x girlfriend to toronto so she flew in from there. she brought back a box of cubans and all they did was make me cough....sold em for 10 bucks a pop.
24th August 2007 05:10 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

All things considered, one hell of a beautiful country and the people are the salt of the earth... if Castro is an example of the healthcare, you can live to be 150 and smoke everyday.... i would find a way to deal with the commie thing.

See: Castro dead thread.
24th August 2007 05:13 PM
Saint Sway I have a serioulsy painful hangover.

And, yes. I blame Cuba.
24th August 2007 05:16 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I have a serioulsy painful hangover.

4 words

hair of the dog.

works every time
24th August 2007 05:17 PM
Saint Sway theres too many different dogs involved

[Edited by Saint Sway]
24th August 2007 05:17 PM
texile as long as your healthy gorda,
that's what counts.

i didn't see gibson's movie -
i had misgivings because of exactly what you said...

24th August 2007 05:20 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
texile wrote:
as long as your healthy gorda,
that's what counts.

i didn't see gibson's movie -
i had misgivings because of exactly what you said...

it is very violent and bloody...lots of knife and sword fighting.

it does have a happy hollywood ending tho.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)