ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What I Want For Christmas : A Pole! Return to archive
22nd August 2007 02:44 PM
gimmekeef Bada Bing Club Selling 'Sopranos' Items

By JANET FRANKSTON LORIN, Associated Press Writer
Mon Aug 20, 9:35 PM

LODI, N.J. - Now that "The Sopranos" is over, the owners of the real-life club that played the part of the Bada Bing will auction off the 12-foot stripper poles and other relics from the HBO drama on eBay.

Other items going on sale later this week include a pool table, a disco ball and the fluorescent purple men's room sign often seen in the background as mob boss Tony Soprano conducted business.

Susie Quigley, who runs special events at Satin Dolls (which passed for the Bada Bing), wouldn't speculate on how much the poles might fetch. "The poles have been featured in almost every single episode. I can't begin to say," said Quigley, a former dancer who appeared as an extra last season.

Also up for sale: at least 10 standard-issue bar stools that James Gandolfini, who played Tony Soprano, and his crew sat on. An L-shaped slab of the bar where they watched dancers and drank also will be auctioned.

Quigley said once the final episode aired in June, club owners decided to renovate. The club will remain open for business during its renovation, expected to last up to four months.

The club already sells "Sopranos" souvenirs, including T-shirts, hats and coffee mugs, and it's a popular stop on bus tours of "Sopranos" sites in New Jersey

Satin Dolls isn't the only New Jersey business trying to cash in on "The Sopranos."

The developer of the building that fronted for Satriale's pork store plans to sell bricks from the facade as he demolishes it.

Manny Costeira is constructing nine condo units in place of Satriale's, calling the project "The Soprano." Prices will range from $325,000 to $385,000.

He said he doesn't know how much he can get for the 8-by-8-inch souvenirs. He suggested $100 apiece, though acknowledged: "I'm a big fan of the show, but I don't know if I'd run to buy a stone off the pork store."

22nd August 2007 02:50 PM
Got Me Rockin Haha, my school's campus is in Lodi. I won't say if I've visited this fine establishment.
22nd August 2007 03:01 PM
glencar Been there, years ago.
22nd August 2007 03:05 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
glencar wrote:
Been there, years ago.

LOL...Been there?..Done that??
22nd August 2007 03:14 PM
glencar Yep, before it was a Sopranos thang. I was pretty trashed.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)