ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: News report - Rolling Stones set to retire from touring Return to archive
21st August 2007 07:15 PM
Homercles Any truth to this?

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,22287193-10388,00.html

Rolling Stones set to retire from touring
From correspondents in London
August 22, 2007 08:05am
Article from: BANG ShowbizFont size: + -
Send this article: Print Email
THE Rolling Stones will reportedly quit touring for good after playing London's O2 Arena this Sunday, after 45 years in the music business.

The veteran rockers are believed to have declared that their current A Bigger Bang Tour will be their last because frontman Sir Mick Jagger, 64, and guitarist Keith Richards, 63, will be too old to do another.

A source said: "We've been told this will be the last tour. Embarking on a Stones world tour takes years to plan. Mick and Keith would be in their late 60s by the time they would be ready to rock once more."

Mick, Keith, drummer Charlie Watts, 66, and guitarist Ronnie Wood, 60, end their massive two-year tour this week with three dates at the new O2 Arena, with their final performance on Sunday.

The band was formed in 1962 and has been touring regularly ever since.

The group have sold more than 200 million albums worldwide over the last five decades, and played thousands of sold-out shows.

The Stones have been receiving rave reviews for the latest leg of their tour, and wowed 60,000 at Ireland's Slane Castle on Saturday.

The band started in London in 1962 with original leader Brian Jones, but he was usurped by the songwriting partnership of singer Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards.

Jones died in 1969, shortly after being fired from the band and was replaced by 20-year-old Mick Taylor.

The band has released 55 albums and have had 37 top-10 singles. They have sold over 300 million albums worldwide. Their latest album, A Bigger Bang, was released in 2005 and their world tour is still continuing.

21st August 2007 07:24 PM
Poison Dart Zero truth to this story.

They will be back..on a smaller scale,but they will be back.

Less touring + more quality studio work is what I want to see.
21st August 2007 07:53 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:

Less touring + more quality studio work is what I want to see.

One out of two ain't bad.
21st August 2007 08:00 PM
Dan SHRA
21st August 2007 08:06 PM
pdog I'm seeling my $5,000 Theater seat and my $2,500 arena floor tickets for the shows in 2008...
any takers?
21st August 2007 08:15 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm seeling my $5,000 Theater seat and my $2,500 arena floor tickets for the shows in 2008...
any takers?

Don't sell those tickets! The latest rumor says no backing band, 3 hour sets and brand new setlists every single night.
21st August 2007 08:24 PM
steel driving hammer
22nd August 2007 07:09 AM
corgi37 I cant believe an article that says they have sold 200mill albums, then next paragraph, 300 million.
22nd August 2007 11:33 AM
glencar Actually, "more than" & "over" are intellectually consistent, Kangaboy!
22nd August 2007 03:06 PM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
Homercles wrote:
Any truth to this?

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,22287193-10388,00.html

Rolling Stones set to retire from touring
From correspondents in London
August 22, 2007 08:05am
Article from: BANG ShowbizFont size: + -
Send this article: Print Email
THE Rolling Stones will reportedly quit touring for good after playing London's O2 Arena this Sunday, after 45 years in the music business.

The veteran rockers are believed to have declared that their current A Bigger Bang Tour will be their last because frontman Sir Mick Jagger, 64, and guitarist Keith Richards, 63, will be too old to do another.

A source said: "We've been told this will be the last tour. Embarking on a Stones world tour takes years to plan. Mick and Keith would be in their late 60s by the time they would be ready to rock once more."

Mick, Keith, drummer Charlie Watts, 66, and guitarist Ronnie Wood, 60, end their massive two-year tour this week with three dates at the new O2 Arena, with their final performance on Sunday.

The band was formed in 1962 and has been touring regularly ever since.

The group have sold more than 200 million albums worldwide over the last five decades, and played thousands of sold-out shows.

The Stones have been receiving rave reviews for the latest leg of their tour, and wowed 60,000 at Ireland's Slane Castle on Saturday.

The band started in London in 1962 with original leader Brian Jones, but he was usurped by the songwriting partnership of singer Mick Jagger and guitarist Keith Richards.

Jones died in 1969, shortly after being fired from the band and was replaced by 20-year-old Mick Taylor.

The band has released 55 albums and have had 37 top-10 singles. They have sold over 300 million albums worldwide. Their latest album, A Bigger Bang, was released in 2005 and their world tour is still continuing.

Same shit like the other articales Stones will be back! ROCK N' ROLL FOR EVER! MOTHER FUCKERS!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)