ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NSC I've Been To 11 shows in 6 days Return to archive
21st August 2007 02:19 PM
Dan The Beastie Boys last night was not one of them. I had some free time in between gigs and popped in at the Greek to see what was crackin'. I got offered Sec B row S for $10. The exact same spot where I was the night before. Decided it wasn't worth it to be in that location twice in a row. The only other offers were for seats that are a rip off at any price. Then the lights went off and people immedietly ran inside taking stacks of unused tickets with them. I listened to the first few songs from outside then headed to a free club gig I heard about.

Saw 2 1/2 bands. The headliner was probably not the best thing to endure while I am suddenly starting to nod off. It was like watching Pink Floyd, only without the laser lights and without the drugs. I might enjoy them though if I ever get around to listening to the goods. Sometimes that happens, I don't enjoy the experience but enjoy listening later.

Also while I was there, I was trying to figure out from where I recognized this chick I saw working there. After racking my brain a bit, it hit me - it was onstage at the most mindblowing gig of the year and perhaps one of the most mindblowing gigs ever. This was the first time I remember feeling the slightest twinge of offense at anything in a long time. Suddenly I was very angry, angry at the world for allowing such a grave injustice to occur. I think all of humanity should suffer for it. She should be a millionaire touring the world in the most luxurious manner possible, not working at a bar during the sparesely attended free night. What a cruel cruel world it is indeed.

I am not really interested in attending any more gigs for awhile. I can hardly stand on my right leg and don't want to accidentally find my breaking point. It was during a six mile walk home from Friday's gig that I realized I really needed new shoes. Oops. I was also slightly alarmed to read that caffeine may have been a contributing factor in a recent Ozzfest death - and I have had way too much laterly.

I might actually be happy to suffer in my sweat box for a while and slip back into my normal routine. Except for one little thing - For the first time during this whole run I have tickets in hand for an event tonight. I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I bought them, feeling like I do now the reason I almost never buy tickets to begin with. Oh well, I am anticipating heavy security, if it looks the least bit harrowing when I get there, I am just going to miracle someone in and go home (or to one of the other possible events around town).

I don't know how touring artists do so many gigs day in and day out for several months in a row.

Oh - cocaine. D'oh!

(the only slight Stones content was hearing the dance mix of Undercover Of The Night in the dance room of Zen Sushi on my way out of the 45 Grave gig upstairs)
21st August 2007 02:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:
I am not really interested in attending any more gigs for awhile. I can hardly stand on my right leg and don't want to accidentally find my breaking point. It was during a six mile walk home from Friday's gig that I realized I really needed new shoes.

I don't know how touring artists do so many gigs day in and day out for several months in a row.

maybe because they don't have to walk home from the shows or depend on public transportation
21st August 2007 03:58 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

maybe because they don't have to walk home from the shows or depend on public transportation

And once again, one glimpse of the absolute parking nightmare at the Greek Theatre or at the Santa Monica Pier made me thankful for that option. I was probably home Sunday night before most people were out of the lot.
21st August 2007 04:46 PM
fireontheplatter i had a similar experience back in 85
my old girlfriend used to do load in and load out at the orange county fairgrounds here in ny.
good god, i think i must have seen 20 shows that summer.

i haven't seen 1 rock show this season
22nd August 2007 12:16 PM
Dan 12 shows in 7 days. Last night's Beastie Boys "Gala Event" at the Wiltern was so amazing. I wasn't quite ready to call it a night so I stopped by Cinespace for The Like at midnight but there was a line around the building, I guess that's the hot new hangout for people looking to be seen and since I don't like to be seen, I decided to opt for a slice of pizza and a large orange bang instead.

If I feel up to it after work, it's off to Long Beach for the Chairs Of Perception (2/3 of the Urinals).

http://www.myspace.com/chairsofperception

They were great at the Punk Rock Barbecue and I really wat to see them again.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)