ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tours all over for Stones Sunday Mirror Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
19th August 2007 07:22 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
It's not over til it's over.

in spanish it´s better! jajaja

66-64-63-60, great ages to rocking, the young "rockers" (better suckers) still not learning yet, how do this...
19th August 2007 07:33 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
It's not over til it's over.

good point man. I never thought of it that way!
19th August 2007 10:00 PM
Soldatti They'll do 3 months tours each year, 2007 was Europe, 2008 will be the States.
20th August 2007 08:44 AM
corgi37 Some amazing reasoning, here. Lets look closely into some.

Keith is doing his autobiography - Yes, he is. As in, a proper author sits with him over several sessions, asks "Who fucked who?" and "Who did this". Keith wont be sitting down with a fucking quill remembering the good old days and ringing up Townshend or Clapton to get dates right. He's paid to tell his tales, not type them. Assuming the bloke CAN type.

Charlie, apart from Mick, is probably the fittest of the whole bunch. And i did read that his oft quoted "I'm retiring" at the end of every tour is now replaced by "come on, lets go". His kid is a middle aged adult. His wife has known no other life. He LOVES drumming. Why the hell not?

Ronnie falls to pieces between tours, just like Moon did. He HAS to tour to live. He needs goals. Man, its like talking about a 16 year old! hahaha.

The trick they have to meet is this. They have to go down the full blown "see us because we are us", not "Come see us and listen to our 1-2 new songs". There will be no more studio albums of new material. They may very well go down the "Its the last time" stadium tour. Because if this aint, the only thing that will fill stadiums in the U.S. is if its the last time.

Ticket prices, if anything, will only go up. It is really heading to the end and they will milk the shit out of it. Why wouldnt they? And, this will piss off all the Yanks who have seen them 30 times, who vowed they will never see them again and will STILL go to see them and STILL whinge about warhorses.

I know its all romantic to think they'll do a small arena/theatre tour, but get real. They aint Gerry and the Pacemakers. And imagine how impossible it will be for people to get tickets? And imagine the rorting of tix on Ebay!

Personally, i feel they should live in Australia. Get some sun into their ageing bones to fight off the aches & pains. Sip fresh nubile wenches and fuck fruity clean wines. Yes, base themselves from here, doing a sort of never ending tour for Taiwanese tourists and American actors who come here to film the dreadful blockbusters they make here, like Superman, Ghost Rider & Scooby Doo.

Face it, beats the shit out of playing Omaha.
*ducks for cover* lol
20th August 2007 08:58 AM
luxury1 very nice stuff, corgi...

I am wondering if their egos will "allow" them to do smaller gigs. Look at the crazed adulation they receive--from young and old-- at these stadium masses, even if they arent "sold out." And then the huge cash grab from the big places is so attractive--one or two gigs in a certain location, and then on to another country/state. It's tough to pass up/ignore. We shall see....
20th August 2007 09:17 AM
Angiegirl The Stones? These old geezers still touring then? Hadn't noticed.
20th August 2007 11:09 AM
the good
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

But if their stage would be significantly smaller in the future, it'd be way easier for Jagger to keep up his performance.

Maybe. I don't know. I'm not sure stage size is the issue. Mick would have to really reduce his physical activity on stage, whether its large or small. If he does that, the shows just won't be the same.
20th August 2007 11:16 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
the good wrote:

Maybe. I don't know. I'm not sure stage size is the issue. Mick would have to really reduce his physical activity on stage, whether its large or small. If he does that, the shows just won't be the same.

You've probably seen it already, but if not, check out the footage from the Phoenix on the new DVD box. It's stunning. Granted, that was 2005 -- which, for this tour, was a lifetime ago.
20th August 2007 11:20 AM
the good
quote:
Gazza wrote:
What could Keith seriously say to offend Mick in book form that he hasnt said already?

Jagger must be the thickest-skinned man in show business.

I think Mick enjoys it. I think there is a streak of masochism in his personality.
[Edited by the good]
20th August 2007 11:26 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
the good wrote:

I think Mick enjoys it. I think there is a streak of masochism in his personality.
[Edited by the good]

Imagine if, just once, Mick fired back and told the truth about how much he carries Keith these days. Most of the press is so invested in the Keith mythology; they might not even believe Mick.
20th August 2007 11:31 AM
the good
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

You've probably seen it already, but if not, check out the footage from the Phoenix on the new DVD box. It's stunning. Granted, that was 2005 -- which, for this tour, was a lifetime ago.

I have the dvd, but I haven't seen that show yet. Why? Is he jumping all over the place?
20th August 2007 11:32 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
the good wrote:

I have the dvd, but I haven't seen that show yet. Why? Is he jumping all over the place?

Well, of course he's more restrained than he is on the big stage. But the band sounds so tight, and the energy is ferocious. Playing in a small room keeps any band, not only the Stones, honest.
20th August 2007 11:41 AM
Martha I don't believe they are done touring. Not yet. But they cannot afford to tour in the style they've become accustomed to. They have to downsize. Tour buses must replace the 737 (I forget which daggone plane they fly in) and what the hell is wrong with using the stage they had for the Super Bowl? Mick can run all around that baby. I loved seeing them play on it.

Also fuck the "average fan". Okay I said it. Fuck em. They do not and never will know the Stones extensive catalog. Stay home average fan. The Stones need to throw down and tour for the hard core fans just like my Bob does. Who gives a shit how many people come to see you? Screw the fireworks. Not necessary. The Stones would be paid no matter what, (like Bob is) and could relax and play all their gems. Now this is my idea of a great way to continue.

You may say, I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday (baby) the Stones will agree and...the world will be as one.

Oh yeah........

xxoo,
Martha
20th August 2007 11:44 AM
Joey " .. After more than 40 years of rocking the Rolling Stones will play their final big tour date next Sunday.
Insiders say there will be no more world tours because Mick Jagger and Keith Richards would be nearly 70 when any new project could begin.
A member of the Stones' inner sanctum revealed : '' We've been told this will be the last tour ''.
Mick 64 ,Keith 63 ,Charlie Watts 66 and Ronnie Wood 60 . end their gruelling, two year Bigger Bang Tour this week with three dates at London's O2 Dome. "

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why ?!

WHY ?!

" And then , DEPRESSION set in Ronnie !!!! "

Jazzy Cakes

20th August 2007 11:53 AM
the good
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Imagine if, just once, Mick fired back and told the truth about how much he carries Keith these days. Most of the press is so invested in the Keith mythology; they might not even believe Mick.

I think Mick has carried the band for a long time. That's tough for me to admit, because Keith is my favorite stone and a hero of mine, but I think its true. I also think Mick contributed more back in the day than people realize. Keith may have written the music for most of the stones classic hits, but Mick had such a talent for getting the mood of the song and finding the right lyrics that I don't know how many hits the band would have had without him. I mean, for all the genius of Keith's guitar work on gimme shelter, where would that song have gone if it weren't for Mick's apocalyptic take on it? Of couse, the reverse is true - Mick wouldn't be very far without Keith, but few people ever consider how far Keith would be without Mick. But that's what makes a great band, right?
20th August 2007 12:03 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
the good wrote:

I think Mick has carried the band for a long time. That's tough for me to admit, because Keith is my favorite stone and a hero of mine, but I think its true. I also think Mick contributed more back in the day than people realize. Keith may have written the music for most of the stones classic hits, but Mick had such a talent for getting the mood of the song and finding the right lyrics that I don't know how many hits the band would have had without him. I mean, for all the genius of Keith's guitar work on gimme shelter, where would that song have gone if it weren't for Mick's apocalyptic take on it? Of couse, the reverse is true - Mick wouldn't be very far without Keith, but few people ever consider how far Keith would be without Mick. But that's what makes a great band, right?

They're the greatest songwriting team in rock history, period. I'll take them over John and Paul any day of the week and twice on Sunday, as Kevin Pollack said in "A Few Good Men." But, like any human partnership, Jagger/Richards found its limits. We often note how much Mick writes on his own lately, but that's basically been the case since the early-'70s and "Sticky Fingers." Once they split from London, things were never the same.

The simple fact is that, after a brilliant run from '86-'94 -- a second prime, I'd argue -- Keith has brought less and less to the table.
20th August 2007 12:03 PM
Joey
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
They'll do 3 months tours each year, 2007 was Europe, 2008 will be the States.

concur !!!

20th August 2007 12:08 PM
Joey
" A member of the Stones' inner sanctum revealed : '' We've been told this will be the last tour ''.
Mick 64 ,Keith 63 ,Charlie Watts 66 and Ronnie Wood 60 . end their gruelling, two year Bigger Bang Tour this week with three dates at London's O2 Dome.
The band insider added : ''Mounting a World tour for a band of this size takes years to plan.Mick and Keith would be in their late 60's by the time the machine could start all over again. ''

!!!!!!!!!
20th August 2007 12:13 PM
Martha Mick has been doing double duty for a long time. He seems to thrive on it though. :-)
20th August 2007 12:45 PM
Joey " Mick has been doing double duty for a long time. "

20th August 2007 12:51 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Mick has been doing double duty for a long time. "

The Death Star will be completed on schedule.........
20th August 2007 01:17 PM
Dan
quote:
Martha wrote:
I don't believe they are done touring. Not yet. But they cannot afford to tour in the style they've become accustomed to. They have to downsize. Tour buses must replace the 737 (I forget which daggone plane they fly in) and what the hell is wrong with using the stage they had for the Super Bowl? Mick can run all around that baby. I loved seeing them play on it.

Also fuck the "average fan". Okay I said it. Fuck em. They do not and never will know the Stones extensive catalog. Stay home average fan. The Stones need to throw down and tour for the hard core fans just like my Bob does. Who gives a shit how many people come to see you? Screw the fireworks. Not necessary. The Stones would be paid no matter what, (like Bob is) and could relax and play all their gems. Now this is my idea of a great way to continue.

You may say, I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday (baby) the Stones will agree and...the world will be as one.

Oh yeah........

xxoo,
Martha

Having seen the Stones in stadiums, arenas and a theatre, I notice the same proportion of casual fans regardless of the type of venue.
20th August 2007 01:22 PM
Mr Jurkka http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NchOjdVY97o
20th August 2007 02:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Some amazing reasoning, here. Lets look closely into some.

Keith is doing his autobiography - Yes, he is. As in, a proper author sits with him over several sessions, asks "Who fucked who?" and "Who did this". Keith wont be sitting down with a fucking quill remembering the good old days and ringing up Townshend or Clapton to get dates right. He's paid to tell his tales, not type them. Assuming the bloke CAN type.

Charlie, apart from Mick, is probably the fittest of the whole bunch. And i did read that his oft quoted "I'm retiring" at the end of every tour is now replaced by "come on, lets go". His kid is a middle aged adult. His wife has known no other life. He LOVES drumming. Why the hell not?

Ronnie falls to pieces between tours, just like Moon did. He HAS to tour to live. He needs goals. Man, its like talking about a 16 year old! hahaha.

The trick they have to meet is this. They have to go down the full blown "see us because we are us", not "Come see us and listen to our 1-2 new songs". There will be no more studio albums of new material. They may very well go down the "Its the last time" stadium tour. Because if this aint, the only thing that will fill stadiums in the U.S. is if its the last time.

Ticket prices, if anything, will only go up. It is really heading to the end and they will milk the shit out of it. Why wouldnt they? And, this will piss off all the Yanks who have seen them 30 times, who vowed they will never see them again and will STILL go to see them and STILL whinge about warhorses.

I know its all romantic to think they'll do a small arena/theatre tour, but get real. They aint Gerry and the Pacemakers. And imagine how impossible it will be for people to get tickets? And imagine the rorting of tix on Ebay!

Personally, i feel they should live in Australia. Get some sun into their ageing bones to fight off the aches & pains. Sip fresh nubile wenches and fuck fruity clean wines. Yes, base themselves from here, doing a sort of never ending tour for Taiwanese tourists and American actors who come here to film the dreadful blockbusters they make here, like Superman, Ghost Rider & Scooby Doo.

*ducks for cover* lol

20th August 2007 02:17 PM
Joey

" Face it, beats the shit out of playing Omaha. "

20th August 2007 03:03 PM
axl79
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

*ducks for cover* lol

Wow , this was great, love it.
The true nothing but the true !
20th August 2007 03:06 PM
Joey " Wow , this was great, love it.
The true nothing but the true ! "

20th August 2007 03:16 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Personally, i feel they should live in Australia. Get some sun into their ageing bones to fight off the aches & pains. Sip fresh nubile wenches and fuck fruity clean wines. Yes, base themselves from here, doing a sort of never ending tour for Taiwanese tourists and American actors who come here to film the dreadful blockbusters they make here, like Superman, Ghost Rider & Scooby Doo

You are so full of shit Corgi.

Ghost Rider was anything but dreadful.
20th August 2007 03:20 PM
glencar
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,785592

Posted by: adotulipson (IP Logged)
Date: August 19, 2007 12:10

After more than 40 years of rocking the Rolling Stones will play their final big tour date next Sunday.
Insiders say there will be no more world tours because Mick Jagger and Keith Richards would be nearly 70 when any new project could begin.
A member of the Stones' inner sanctum revealed : '' We've been told this will be the last tour ''.
Mick 64 ,Keith 63 ,Charlie Watts 66 and Ronnie Wood 60 . end their gruelling, two year Bigger Bang Tour this week with three dates at London's O2 Dome.
The band insider added : ''Mounting a World tour for a band of this size takes years to plan.Mick and Keith would be in their late 60's by the time the machine could start all over again. ''
Mick is producing a movie with director Martin Scorsese and Keith plans to write his autobiography.

I couldn't find the link so I copied it direct from the paper ,page 7 bottom left if you see a copy somewhere on your travels.

Don't know what to make of it myself ,have to wait and see I suppose.

I had a feeling...
20th August 2007 06:02 PM
polytoxic
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)