ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: You can't hit what you can't see: 100 years ago! Return to archive
1st August 2007 01:25 PM
Starbuck great article on walter johnson, who made his mlb debut 100 years ago tomorrow!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070731&content_id=2120066&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
1st August 2007 01:50 PM
gimmekeef Thanks..nice read....The only thing more amazing than his 417 wins..is Cy Young's 521..wow!...Yeah I know the guys pitched without relief etc..but 500 freakin wins!
1st August 2007 01:55 PM
ShaneJazz Any truth to the rumor that the Yankee$ called his estate to see if he would pitch only home games this summer?
1st August 2007 01:56 PM
Starbuck cy young also holds the record for most losses in the history of the game...something in the neighborhood of 312 or 315 or something like that....that's what you get when you pitch in the 1890s!

amazing thing about walter is that, as the article points out, he earned his 400 + wins pitching for a team that was mostly crappy for all the years he played with them.
1st August 2007 02:00 PM
Fiji Joe
1st August 2007 02:45 PM
glencar I believe the Yankees will return to form shortly. LOOKOUT!
1st August 2007 02:46 PM
glencar I believe the Yankees will return to form shortly. LOOKOUT!
1st August 2007 02:49 PM
Starbuck
quote:
I believe the Yankees will return to form shortly. LOOKOUT!

1st August 2007 02:49 PM
glencar U know it beeyatch!
1st August 2007 02:51 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
glencar wrote:

My sources tell me Michael Cohl will become their new GM right after the tour.....
1st August 2007 03:22 PM
glencar Arrrggh! They already charge too much & sell out nightly.
1st August 2007 03:30 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
glencar wrote:
Arrrggh! They already charge too much & sell out nightly.

Isnt the guy with the job now..called...CASHman..???
1st August 2007 10:07 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

That Ryan/Ventura fight was one of the funniest mound charges in history! It was almost as funny as watching the umps reaction to Joe Niekro's attempt at pitching(umm huh yeah!) an emory board out of his back pocket! LOL!

Riffy
1st August 2007 10:35 PM
Starbuck RIP joe niekro!
1st August 2007 11:17 PM
glencar Niekro died?
1st August 2007 11:25 PM
pdog Lance was playing in SF last year, not sure where he went...
How did Joe die?
1st August 2007 11:28 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:
Lance was playing in SF last year, not sure where he went...
How did Joe die?

Joe died of a stroke I believe...he was relatively young
1st August 2007 11:31 PM
Fiji Joe I love this...from ehow.com

They make it sound so easy...I'm gonna work on this all weekend...and get me a big payday...gonna cut into my posting though

Introduction

When you've got this pitch under control, hitters have no idea when to swing. When it's out of control, though, even the pitcher doesn't know where the ball is going!
Instructions

Difficulty: Easy

Steps
Step One

Grip the baseball by clenching the top of the ball with the tips of your index, middle and ring fingers just below the seams. Dig the tips of your fingers deep into the ball.
Step Two

Place your thumb below the ball to give it support. Keep your pinkie off to the side.

Step Three

Go into your windup. Remember to pivot and shift your body weight from the back foot forward toward home plate.
4Step FourThrow the ball toward home, but don't snap your wrist - keep it stable, eliminating as much spin as possible.

Step Five

Follow through. Extend all fingers toward home plate as you release the pitch. Your feet should be parallel at the end of the pitch, and your throwing arm should come across the front of your body.

Tips & Warnings

An effective knuckleball moves in two or three different directions in flight.
Try a variation on the knuckleball grip by using just the index and middle fingers on the top of the ball. The ring finger joins the pinkie off to the side.
The slower the pitch, the more time the ball has to weave toward home plate.

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
2nd August 2007 03:05 AM
pdog I've had a hard time throwing a knuckler...
15th August 2007 03:47 PM
steel driving hammer Things that make you go Hmmmm.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)