ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Royals bring the pain at Fenway Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
29th July 2007 12:41 AM
lotsajizz San Fran has a GREAT ballpark....too bad it has Bonds*
29th July 2007 12:48 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

yup...incompetent and crooked referees

Yeah, prove that one up counsel. WTF? Did someone from Pittsburgh run over one of your cats?
29th July 2007 12:56 AM
lotsajizz yup...in 1973, 1974, and 1975 too

1976 was almost unfair, actually I think it was in Jan '77...you guys had a ton of injuries goin' into that AFC Championship Game....we dusted you

finally

the Raiders were gettin' a bit of a choke reputation until then
29th July 2007 12:59 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:
How would've Ty Cobb handled the likes of todays media?

Ty Cobb was white. In 1911 he was white.

Check this: "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -- Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert(1983).

29th July 2007 01:01 AM
robpop Ok I,m back I wnet to bed but somebody ran over a skunk in front my house. For fuc's sake. The whole fucking area reeks. I'm fucking serious. Well needless to say I'll be up for a while. Going to run down the street to get a sixer of iron. Maybe that will kill olafactory senses.

Fuck.
29th July 2007 01:04 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
robpop wrote:
Going to run down the street to get a sixer of iron. Maybe that will kill olafactory senses.

Fuck.

as in 'Iron City'?

damn
29th July 2007 01:05 AM
robpop I'm back got it. Yup iron city. The whole area smells like skunk piss.
29th July 2007 01:07 AM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Ty Cobb was white. In 1911 he was white.

Check this: "He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -- Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert(1983).

Lambert works in PA now for the game commission. I went hunting with my brother in law a few years ago and Jack fined my brother in law.
29th July 2007 01:11 AM
lotsajizz Lambert was a fuckin' animal....one of the best
29th July 2007 01:15 AM
robpop
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Lambert was a fuckin' animal....one of the best

I still say Jack Ham was better than Lambert. Nothing against Lambert, but Ham was a nutcase. He just did not look like it like Lambert did. Dobre Shunka was from my hometown.
29th July 2007 01:19 AM
robpop The skunk funk is getting worse. I gotta do something besides get drunk see younze later.
29th July 2007 01:22 AM
lotsajizz bourbon...I'm doing Rebel Yell and ice tonight
29th July 2007 01:33 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

I still say Jack Ham was better than Lambert. Nothing against Lambert, but Ham was a nutcase. He just did not look like it like Lambert did. Dobre Shunka was from my hometown.

Couldn't agree more. I never saw anyone like Jack Ham until Lawrence Taylor came around, and thats saying something. Ham would dive 12 feet on the fly and trip some guy up by the shoes, then get up and do it again on the other side. All the while having the cutest lisp.

Strange man, that Jack Ham. Dobre Shunka.
29th July 2007 01:45 AM
pdog Rocky Blier was sick! That Steelers team lineup was just the best and before the game became all fucked up by money overpaid egos.
29th July 2007 04:23 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:
Rocky Blier was sick! That Steelers team lineup was just the best and before the game became all fucked up by money overpaid egos.

QTF?

You okay?
29th July 2007 11:48 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Ty Cobb wouldn't exist today...dudes get paid way too much money and we've become way too pussified...Ichoro is the closest thing to Cobb, but he plays like a puss
29th July 2007 11:55 AM
Fiji Joe Pursued by demons...interesting story

29th July 2007 11:58 AM
robpop
quote:
pdog wrote:

Dunno. But I know how Ed Ott would have.

29th July 2007 12:18 PM
Fiji Joe Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier?...not so...real footage of Ruth taking the first black pitcher deep

29th July 2007 02:25 PM
sirmoonie I've always wanted to do this, but never been intoxicated enough. You just have to respect to audacity.

29th July 2007 03:07 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

QTF?

You okay?

Must be something wrong with you, I thought you was a nation man. If Rocky Blier don't do it for you, then maybe you should turn in your black and gold, and your booze too!
29th July 2007 03:51 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:

Must be something wrong with you, I thought you was a nation man. If Rocky Blier don't do it for you, then maybe you should turn in your black and gold, and your booze too!

I meant about the game being ruined with money and egos. I didn't understand that part - I love pro football.
29th July 2007 05:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Bring it on.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
29th July 2007 05:51 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Mike Tomlin's first practice as the Steelers' head coach proved more than its billing when he put the team through what many believe was the most physical practice session at Saint Vincent College since the days of Chuck Noll.

No one could remember a tougher camp practice in Bill Cowher's 15 years as coach, not even a player who was with Cowher from the get-go.

"That was pretty tough, pret-ty tough," said former linebacker Levon Kirkland, a Steelers rookie in 1992 who is spending this week as a scouting intern with the team. "I'm sure the guys who have been here under Cowher are used to a certain way. You do it that way it's kind of tough. Makes you wonder what the evening practice will be about."

The afternoon practice turned into an indoors walk-through on a basketball court because a thunderstorm passed through Latrobe just before the players were to take the field. Nevertheless, that brutal morning session will stay fresh in their minds for a long time.

"Coach Cowher's not here anymore. We're doing it the way coach Tomlin's doing it," Hines Ward said. "He wants to prove to everybody he can be a great coach and he has a set way with the team. If you don't like it, get off the ship."

(By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, July 25, 2007)
29th July 2007 08:19 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

(By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, July 25, 2007)

Highwire! We're taking it again! I KNOW we are!

I thank god every day that I'm a Steeler fan.
29th July 2007 08:54 PM
robpop We finally put that one on the thumb. Time to fill that left hand up. I'm going to Latrobe this week. Hopefully I'll get some nice pictures to post.
29th July 2007 09:15 PM
robpop Here is an article I found from the Post-Gazette about 2 Steeler fan groups from my home town. They were well known back in the day. Gerela's Gorillas and Dobre Shunka. Those guys could dump the booze.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05019/444426.stm
29th July 2007 11:20 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Highwire! We're taking it again! I KNOW we are!

I thank god every day that I'm a Steeler fan.

YESSSIREEEE!!!! Sirmoonie, get those Terrible Towels 'a wavin' !!

Classy footer, Robpop—great to see a Steelers community on Rocks Off!

quote:
Fuqua nicknamed himself "The Count." He is remembered for being one of the flashiest dressers in the NFL, and would occasionally appear in public wearing platform shoes that contained live goldfish in the see-through heel.
—Wikipedia

ONE FOR THE THUMB, DONE! NOW MORE GOLDFISH FOR THE HEEL!

www.phatpimpclothing.com
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
30th July 2007 02:17 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I meant about the game being ruined with money and egos. I didn't understand that part - I love pro football.

I love a good game, maybe I just haven't seen one in a while... A few seasons of Raiders and ( er's games will make any fan sick... I do hate how slow it's gotten. Baseball is suposed to be slow, not football. I record the games and fast forward past all the bullshit.
30th July 2007 07:03 AM
robpop
quote:
robpop wrote:
1979 World Series game 7 --- clean up hitter for the Buccos. Remember who it was? Stargell? Parker?

No

This man--- a Pittsburgh area native..

[Edited by robpop]

Bill Robinson, who had ties to Mets and Yanks, dies

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

LAS VEGAS -- Bill Robinson, an outfielder who played on Pittsburgh's 1979 World Series championship team and had ties to the Yankees and Mets, died yesterday. He was 64.

Robinson, a former Yankees outfielder and Mets hitting instructor, was in Las Vegas to visit the Dodgers' minor-league team and was supposed to meet director of player development De Jon Watson to drive to the ballpark. But Robinson failed to show up at the appointed time and was found dead in his hotel room, Dodgers spokesman Josh Rawitch said. The official cause of death was pending, he said.

To Yankees fans, Robinson will best be remembered for his part in the Clete Boyer trade. Boyer, a terrific defensive third baseman who died June 4 at 70, was dealt by the Yankees to the Braves in November 1966 for the highly touted Robinson, who batted .196, .240 and .171 and never lived up to expectations in three seasons for the Yankees.

"I was supposed to be a black Mickey Mantle," he told Newsday's Steve Marcus in 1986. "I made the mistake of hitting a home run in my second game."

Robinson, who also saw action at third base and first base, played in the majors from 1966-83 and had 1,127 hits, 166 homers and 641 RBIs for the Braves, Yankees, Phillies and Pirates. He hit .304 with 26 homers and 104 RBIs for the 1977 Pirates.

Mets fans will best remember Robinson as the team's hitting instructor from 1984-89. "On behalf of the entire Mets organization, we send our deepest condolences and heartfelt sympathies to Bill's wife, Mary Alice, and the Robinson family," chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon said in a statement. "As hitting coach, he played an .integral role in the 1986 Mets' world championship. More importantly, he was a devoted family man, a consummate professional and one of the classiest men in our sport."

Robinson also served as a minor-league hitting coach for the Yankees and was a minor- league coach and manager in Philadelphia's farm system. He managed in the Venezuelan League and was an analyst for ESPN's "Baseball Tonight" in 1990-91. Most recently, he was the Dodgers' minor-league hitting coordinator. "Bill was a wonderful family man and a great baseball player, coach, manager and friend to .everyone he met," Dodgers .general manager Ned Colletti said. " ... Everyone he came into contact with was better for having known him."

Robinson is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter. Services were pending.
Copyright 2007 Newsday Inc.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)