ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Royals bring the pain at Fenway Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
26th July 2007 05:38 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

Anyway does Rennie still hold the record for having an 8 for 8 game?

It was 7 for 7 and he still holds it.

Hey, remember "The Cow"?
26th July 2007 05:46 PM
sirmoonie And the one and only, Kurt Bevaqua.

26th July 2007 07:13 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

It was 7 for 7 and he still holds it.

Hey, remember "The Cow"?

I remember Zisk well, however I don't remember the cow term. Kurt B left his mark here forever. Good thing Mendoza never went to the chages with you (great post by the way fucking cracked me up), I'm sure you would have brought his career average up to .230 and the Mendoza line would never ever be referenced to.

Here is another one, although his stay in the Burgh was brief, it changed the game as we know it.

FYI...I just came back from my nephew's football practice. He's only 7 and showing those tough ass third graders what it all about. Jacks then little bastards up. We were out in the yard earlier and I was teaching him some blocking techniques, and the prick speared me in the balls. I laid on the ground while he laughed. The fucking mailman thought it was the funniest. Wait till winter, I'll show him how funny it is. The walk will not be shovled. I will stand in the window and laugh as he makes his way through a foot of snow. My nephew cracked up at you victory signature. He's pointing at everbody now and what not.

[Edited by robpop]
26th July 2007 07:25 PM
robpop Great set up man for Teke.

26th July 2007 07:27 PM
robpop This guy would have been great till the dope got to him. Then the spiders crawled all over him as he laid in bed wasted. Too bad, could have been a legend. He had it.

26th July 2007 07:28 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
One more, the coolest mutha ever to play sports. Frenchy!!! He used to wear this pimp suit with a cane after the games.

Haha! I got Fuqua's autograph once - he signed it "Frenchy". Check it: they were practicing at CMU, I lived a few blocks away so me and my friends were always there, it was at end of practice, Fuqua was joking around with me and my friends, there was hardly anyone left except assistants grabbing up equipment, etc. All of sudden he realizes the player's bus is gone, he yells "Ain't that a fuck!", he hauls ass across the field - not sure if you ever saw CMU's old field, but it was down in a gully surrounded by short and steep hills - he's sprints up one hill, and at the top fucking hurdles a four foot chain link fence onto Margaret Morrison blvd, just as the bus came round the corner. Never seen anything like it. I really think he was Superman or something.
26th July 2007 07:32 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
Great set up man for Teke.

Buck Jackson - twice I saw the guy catch a grounder back to the mound, mit behind his freakin' back - some weird ass gimmick the guy had.
26th July 2007 07:38 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

I remember Zisk well, however I don't remember the cow term.

Really? I just remember many people calling the guy The Cow - slowest ass white dude that ever played any sport ever. What was he doing in right field, surrounded chronologically by Clemente and Parker among others?
26th July 2007 08:02 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Haha! I got Fuqua's autograph once - he signed it "Frenchy". Check it: they were practicing at CMU, I lived a few blocks away so me and my friends were always there, it was at end of practice, Fuqua was joking around with me and my friends, there was hardly anyone left except assistants grabbing up equipment, etc. All of sudden he realizes the player's bus is gone, he yells "Ain't that a fuck!", he hauls ass across the field - not sure if you ever saw CMU's old field, but it was down in a gully surrounded by short and steep hills - he's sprints up one hill, and at the top fucking hurdles a four foot chain link fence onto Margaret Morrison blvd, just as the bus came round the corner. Never seen anything like it. I really think he was Superman or something.

Great story. I know the place. About that Superman thing, dude did wear a cape.

What a great time and a place to grow up in. All the others who put down the nation have no idea. None.
[Edited by robpop]
26th July 2007 08:21 PM
lotsajizz the Pencil was good, but you kiddies probably don't remember someone even better---the GREAT Elroy Face, the first modern closer

and a great Pirate

26th July 2007 08:27 PM
robpop [quote]lotsajizz wrote:
the Pencil was good, but you kiddies probably don't remember someone even better---the GREAT Elroy Face, the first modern closer

and a great Pirate

Yes Elroy was a few years before my time. He did come to our little league banquet one year as a guest speaker. A true class act.

[Edited by robpop]
26th July 2007 08:39 PM
robpop 1979 World Series game 7 --- clean up hitter for the Buccos. Remember who it was? Stargell? Parker?

No

This man--- a Pittsburgh area native..

[Edited by robpop]
26th July 2007 08:48 PM
sirmoonie All like ethnical?

26th July 2007 08:52 PM
sirmoonie We tossed this midget ass punk. No idea where he landed.

26th July 2007 08:56 PM
robpop Not an old skooler, but still the greatest baseball card ever made. I had to post.

Cal's little bro's 15 minutes.

26th July 2007 08:58 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
We tossed this midget ass punk. No idea where he landed.

LOL...my cousin played for the White Sox farm system. Freddie was his roommate!!!
26th July 2007 09:07 PM
robpop Not a Pirate, but I did get piss drunk with guy in a Pittsburgh bar a couple of years ago. Dude drank Jim Beam by the gallon. Great stories. Then he got pissed off because no women would talk to him. Fun Night.

26th July 2007 09:11 PM
robpop The guy sweated buckets. Sweat running off of his hat like a water fall. Even worse during the dog days.

26th July 2007 09:13 PM
robpop This guy was deported to Seattle.

[Edited by robpop]
26th July 2007 09:14 PM
sirmoonie The only Brett who didn't need an inner tube to sit down in the dugout.

26th July 2007 09:15 PM
robpop
quote:
robpop wrote:
This guy was deported to Seattle.

[Edited by robpop]

Fuck nodody wants to see Enrique Romo anyways.
26th July 2007 09:29 PM
robpop Yogi's pride and joy, and star of the drug trail.

26th July 2007 09:31 PM
robpop Come on baby light my fire.........

[Edited by robpop]
26th July 2007 09:34 PM
sirmoonie Saw this guy's first game. I think it was versus the Reds - them were big ass Reds in those days - anyway, he was fucking smoking, $3 outfield seats and it was Pop! everytime he hit the mit.

I also admired his use of marijuana and heroin throught his career. I give credit where credit is due.

26th July 2007 09:40 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I also admired his use of marijuana and heroin throught his career. I give credit where credit is due.

King of coke. 'Till he was took the stand and ratted everybody out.

26th July 2007 10:02 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

100% correct. When we were going up, ball players did not need any pussy steriods to make them play better. The used real hardcore drugs. Fucked them up completely. They should be given special consideration for the hall of fame just for playing blown out of their minds.
26th July 2007 10:43 PM
robpop 2 of the best free agents ever signed by the Bucs. Money well spent.

[Edited by robpop]
26th July 2007 11:05 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
2 of the best free agents ever signed by the Bucs. Money well spent.

[Edited by robpop]

Pulling Mad Dog from the Biffs was key. Very key.

26th July 2007 11:06 PM
robpop Check out what I just found.....

He also has a locker on display at Hienz field...

Frenchy's goldfish boot...

[Edited by robpop]
26th July 2007 11:15 PM
sirmoonie I seldom watch the game anymore, but isn't this the greatest player of the last 20 or so years? Every time I see this guy, usually its in a World Series, he does something fucking spectacular. And it always looks easy.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)