ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Royals bring the pain at Fenway Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
25th July 2007 03:59 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

We will get drunk and kill everything that moves.

I was at a Stiller-Brownie game a few years ago. This dude thought he was gonna be hard ass mutha-fucka. He wore his Tim Couch jersey to the game. I saw him in the men's room waiting in the piss line. When it was dude's turn to urinate, he was given a piss shower by some of the burgh's finest drunks. There was nothing be could do. I've seen some ass kickings administered just for wearing the wrong colors.

Even friggin Charlie Watts knew what to wear. At the Pittsburgh show, duirng introductions he pulled up his black pant leg to show the gold socks he was sporting.
[Edited by robpop]
25th July 2007 04:37 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I hate the Yankees as much as anyone, but to their credit, I'm not aware of any instance where their fans have sung in unison to Neil Diamond...but that's like a nightly occurrence at Fenway...that is supreme retardation mixed with a healthy dose of homosexuality

Yankees fans sing along to Liza Minelli a lot these days. . . .
25th July 2007 08:01 PM
robpop Moonie, my brotha, did you see this?

Steelers throwback uniforms for this season. They will be worn at least twice. This is Hines and the new mascot. A fucking mascot!!! It Pittsburgh not Disney World.

Gold helments an' at. Fuck, it does not matter what they wear.
26th July 2007 12:58 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Yankees fans sing along to Liza Minelli a lot these days. . . .

The best I can recall was the 79 Pirates and the We are Family thing they had going....quite festive

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
26th July 2007 02:20 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
Moonie, my brotha, did you see this?

Steelers throwback uniforms for this season. They will be worn at least twice. This is Hines and the new mascot. A fucking mascot!!! It Pittsburgh not Disney World.

Gold helments an' at. Fuck, it does not matter what they wear.

Thats repugnant. At least I think its repugnant. Anyway, I can always retract and/or deny as needed to suit my purposes.

Hey! We signed Sepulveda - that dude is going to punt like a club footed Saints kicker every time he needs to. All back spin and stuff.

Its Nation Time!

26th July 2007 02:35 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

The best I can recall was the 79 Pirates and the We are Family thing they had going....quite festive

The only thing geekier than Kent Tekulve on that team was the guy who cleaned up the green pills laying around the hot tub, and Omar Moreno.

Still, a fun time, World Series games dahntahn couldn't even sell out, which made it easy to go to, if'n yins didn't have no money.

Remembering chants around Three Rivers Stadium of "Steelers! Steelers!" while the World Series was going on. Pittsburgh is a strange ass town an 'at.
26th July 2007 10:06 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

The only thing geekier than Kent Tekulve on that team was the guy who cleaned up the green pills laying around the hot tub, and Omar Moreno.

Kent Tekulve was one of the coolest things to come out of the 70s...Countless neighborhood kids I pegged in the head trying to emulate his funkified delivery and blind man's shades...If I saw him today, I would offer to buy him a meal

26th July 2007 11:08 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Royals take another series from another division leader

Now we get 4 with the Yankees...NY will be humbled

oh well.. so much for that prediction

at least you can take comfort in knowing it wasnt the worst prediction ever made

oh sure, theres been a lot worse ones...

26th July 2007 11:39 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

oh well.. so much for that prediction

at least you can take comfort in knowing it wasnt the worst prediction ever made

oh sure, theres been a lot worse ones...

Hurdle was to be the next Mickey Mantle...didn't quite work out

26th July 2007 11:49 AM
aladdinstory
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

yeah who could forget their mix n match poly unis, and they kept wearing those damn baseball centennial caps from '76. great, scrappy team though. came back and punked the O's twice in the decade.

no wonder earl was so high strung, being in 4 Series is cool, winning only 1 not so much. 70s O's were the atlanta braves of their day.
[Edited by aladdinstory]
26th July 2007 11:51 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Kent Tekulve was one of the coolest things to come out of the 70s...Countless neighborhood kids I pegged in the head trying to emulate his funkified delivery and blind man's shades...If I saw him today, I would offer to buy him a meal

what no love for The Quiz?

26th July 2007 12:34 PM
robpop
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Kent still lives in the area just a few miles away from me. I see him out every now and then. We was manager of a minor legue team outside of Pittsburgh. He actually wanted the Pirates job, claiming that he could turn things around. I'll be sure to let him know where he can sponge a free meal at.

Seeing him in that Phillies uniform at the end of his career, is enought to make anybody puke. It never looked right.

[Edited by robpop]
26th July 2007 02:10 PM
robpop Bake Mcbride....best fro in the game.

He fit the Phillies image, not Teke.
[Edited by robpop]
26th July 2007 02:19 PM
gimmekeef Those round prison hats the Buccos wore were pathetic...And what ever happened to Bob Princes green weenie on KDKA?
26th July 2007 02:20 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
robpop wrote:
Bake Mcbride....best fro in the game.

He fit the Phillies image, not Teke.
[Edited by robpop]

Nurga please

26th July 2007 02:25 PM
robpop
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Nurga please

How could I forget the great Oscar!!!
26th July 2007 03:24 PM
sirmoonie Not even roids and a fro would have helped this poor guy. I tried to get him to go to the batting cages with me, I swear I did.

26th July 2007 03:59 PM
sirmoonie According to Major League Baseball, this was the first all black major league starting lineup (9/1/71):

Rennie Stennett - second
Gene Clines - center
Roberto Clemente - right
Willie Stargell - left
Manny Sanguillen - catcher
Dave Cash - third
Al Oliver - first
Jackie Hernández - short
Dock Ellis - starting acid pitcher

Leading off, Renaldo Antonio Stennett, my favorite player of all time.

26th July 2007 04:19 PM
Fiji Joe According to Major League Baseball, Ty Cobb was the meanest player to ever play the game...he did not like black folks...hell, he didn't even like players who had too much dirt on their face

26th July 2007 04:22 PM
pdog Willie Stargell was my first baseball hero.
26th July 2007 04:24 PM
Saint Sway The Babe was half black, no?
26th July 2007 04:25 PM
Joey " The Babe was half black, no? "

26th July 2007 04:27 PM
Fiji Joe On May 15, 1912, Cobb assaulted Claude Lueker, a heckler, in the stands in New York. Lueker and Cobb traded insults with each other throughout the first three innings, and the situation climaxed when Lueker called Cobb a "half-nigger." Cobb then climbed into the stands and attacked the handicapped Lueker, who due to an industrial accident had lost all of one hand and three fingers on his other hand. When onlookers shouted at Cobb to stop because the man had no hands, Cobb reportedly replied, "I don't care if he has no feet!"

26th July 2007 04:28 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
The Babe was half black, no?

In those day you were either black or had a passing complexion and lived a lie.
26th July 2007 04:28 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
According to Major League Baseball, this was the first all black major league starting lineup (9/1/71):

Rennie Stennett - second
Gene Clines - center
Roberto Clemente - right
Willie Stargell - left
Manny Sanguillen - catcher
Dave Cash - third
Al Oliver - first
Jackie Hernández - short
Dock Ellis - starting acid pitcher

Leading off, Renaldo Antonio Stennett, my favorite player of all time.

I have a Rennie Stennett bat from bat day at 3 rivers, and an Omar Moreno bat. The Stillers should have bat day. 60,000 Stiller yinzers all juiced up with baseball bats, we would solve all the world's problems, and fast. Sherman going thorugh a Atlanta would have looked like the Macy's turkey day parade, compared to what we would do.

Anyway does Rennie still hold the record for having an 8 for 8 game?

Manny Sanguillen married a white chick that lived down the street from me. He has a barbeque stand a PNC park now.

While looking though pics for my post I found this one. Almost 31 years since his early death.

26th July 2007 04:29 PM
pdog Didn't Cobb shoot a man in Reno, just to watch him die?
26th July 2007 04:34 PM
robpop
quote:
pdog wrote:
Willie Stargell was my first baseball hero.

My first baseball hero and football hero on the cover of SI.

26th July 2007 04:43 PM
robpop One more, the coolest mutha ever to play sports. Frenchy!!! He used to wear this pimp suit with a cane after the games.

26th July 2007 05:11 PM
Fiji Joe One of my baseball heroes...Don't mess with Texas

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
26th July 2007 05:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
One of my baseball heroes...Don't mess with Texas

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

That was extremely humiliating as a White Sox Fan, but out of respect, we all tip our hat to The Ryan Express.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)