ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Royals bring the pain at Fenway Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
23rd July 2007 06:08 PM
sirmoonie You know, if this grand jury perjury dealie gets some legs, Senor Hydrocephalus may be put on baseball's ineligible list. Be incredible if the HR leader and hit leader, both were denied HOF.

I like engaging in rank speculatoryism regarding people I don't like. Its American.
23rd July 2007 06:13 PM
*ginda
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:
There are some reports floating about that Vick was not specifically engaged in the dog fights, but that his house was used by long time friends for that purpose. If that is true, would that at all temper your ill will toward Vick, or is guilt by association enough? I also remind you that, Humane Society sympathizers notwithstanding, crimes against dogs don't at this time carry the same weight as similar crimes against humans. Just so we are clear, you know I don't condone the alleged conduct. You especially know Susan, so you know this is a devil's advocate posting.

Perhaps it's roid rage (kidding) or too many Rifleman episodes under my belt. I don't buy the long time friends defense. I'm sure Susan would applaud my decision to go all Lucas McCain on him. It's one of the perks of not being a judge or a lawyer. I can sit in my uncomfortable computer chair and mete out all sorts of imaginary hell on scofflaws. I have some thoughts on Phil Spector if you're interested.
23rd July 2007 06:50 PM
robpop
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:

I wasn't angry. I merely pointed out that I had already said that, and that we agreed on that point.

Sorry I misunderstood you again. I was off today cut the grass, and kicked back with a few cold irons some Jim Beam.

One thing we can all agree on, of all of Bonds, Ruth's, Aaron's, or Sey Hey's home runs, there will never be a greater one hit than this one.

Right down the street from Little Moonie's old stomping ground!!!!
23rd July 2007 06:57 PM
robpop My last comment on Barry Bonds is, when he left town the whole franchise sank. It keeps sinking worse every year. We may have on of the best stadiums in baseball now, if not the best, but we do not have a team playing on the field. Is this the new curse of the new Bambino?

When Barry left after the '92 season the Pirates had the best record in baseball since the start of divisional play. No kidding. Where the fuck is it now? 13 losing seasons and counting.
[Edited by robpop]
23rd July 2007 07:08 PM
robpop One for Fiji, Another home run that none of us will ever forget. I'm serious.

23rd July 2007 08:18 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
robpop wrote:

Sorry I misunderstood you again. I was off today cut the grass, and kicked back with a few cold irons some Jim Beam.

One thing we can all agree on, of all of Bonds, Ruth's, Aaron's, or Sey Hey's home runs, there will never be a greater one hit than this one.

Right down the street from Little Moonie's old stomping ground!!!!

I'm not a Pirates fan (don't hate them-- just neutral). However, if it beat the Spankees, then it's all good.
I was a long time Dodger fan who experienced considerable World Series frustration at the hands of the Spankees. That's what made 1955, 1981, and especially 1963 so satisfying.
23rd July 2007 08:27 PM
robpop
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:

I'm not a Pirates fan (don't hate them-- just neutral). However, if it beat the Spankees, then it's all good.
I was a long time Dodger fan who experienced considerable World Series frustration at the hands of the Spankees. That's what made 1955, 1981, and especially 1963 so satisfying.

We are the same. Sadly, the way baseball has evolved on the last couple of decades there are now only two main types of baseball fans. Seriously. Those who like the Yankees and those who don't. These two groups can be broken down into subclasses, but you get my point.

Any non-Yankee fan is kosher here.
[Edited by robpop]
24th July 2007 01:17 PM
robpop
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
How much did he cheat?...not only did he get much bigger, but he started to suck dick too...that's a whole lot of cheating

Must be that bay area thing. He did have himself one fine ass white woman in Pittsburgh. Until she drove his car through the wall into the living room.
24th July 2007 05:45 PM
lotsajizz Yankees suck
24th July 2007 06:08 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Yankees suck

i attended a birds/sox game at fenway several years ago, and around the sixth they either announced or showed the yankee score, and suddenly the entire fenway throng erupted in a "Yahnkees Suck" chant which extended for much of the inning. and this was in april. as luck would have it, the yankees were coming in that weekend, and who did i see exiting his limo as i'm leaving the hotel but joe torre, so i yell, "hey joe?" and the look, his "oh fuck" expression was priceless, and i couldn't figure why, then i remembered i was wearing the sox hat i purchased at the game the night before. sadly my only fenway game so far.
24th July 2007 06:44 PM
Fiji Joe I hate the Yankees as much as anyone, but to their credit, I'm not aware of any instance where their fans have sung in unison to Neil Diamond...but that's like a nightly occurrence at Fenway...that is supreme retardation mixed with a healthy dose of homosexuality
24th July 2007 07:09 PM
gypsy
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
www.maxlugar.com is supreme retardation mixed with a healthy dose of homosexuality

24th July 2007 07:36 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
robpop wrote:
When Barry left after the '92 season the Pirates had the best record in baseball since the start of divisional play. No kidding. Where the fuck is it now? 13 losing seasons and counting.

Actually 15 losing seasons in a row.

Was in the 'Burgh a coupla weeks ago when they had that fan walkout, and caught all the pregame hue and cry.
Come walkout time, I'd guess a couple hundred or so actually bailed - and some people that were sitting in my section slunk back in during the next inning with some Primanti's...

Too bad.
IMO, Pittsburgh has some really great fans.
I can only imagine how rabid they'll be when they finally put a major league franchise back in that beautiful ballpark on the Allegheny.
24th July 2007 07:56 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

IMO, Pittsburgh has some really great fans.
I can only imagine how rabid they'll be when they finally put a major league franchise back in that beautiful ballpark on the Allegheny.

We will get drunk and kill everything that moves.
24th July 2007 10:02 PM
Starbuck
quote:

that is debatable....

24th July 2007 10:19 PM
robpop
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

that is debatable....

I knew this was coming and I could not disagree more. Maz's homer was on game 7. Do or die. Kirby still had the next day. Also the the Pirates had their asses handed to them most of that series. They squeeked by a few games, and got blown out the others.

They are not even. Sorry. Kirby was good but it cannot be compared. The only reason it is even brought up is because it is easier to remember.
24th July 2007 10:21 PM
Nellcote For Feej.....

They are all waiting for you to join them, wearing your Darrell Porter shirt, and your wittle Royals cap to sing with them.....Oh, and make certain you discuss your little retardation & homosexual claim, you'll be a big hit!

Sox Win 1-0 with Dice K getting the Win!
24th July 2007 10:57 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

I knew this was coming and I could not disagree more. Maz's homer was on game 7. Do or die. Kirby still had the next day. Also the the Pirates had their asses handed to them most of that series. They squeeked by a few games, and got blown out the others.

They are not even. Sorry. Kirby was good but it cannot be compared. The only reason it is even brought up is because it is easier to remember.

Don't listen to Starbie. He lives in a city where nary a professional sports team could win a championship to save its taxed ass. The only winners in the Twin Cities are the homeowners and the employed (we're all friggin' millionaires - yes!).
24th July 2007 11:29 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
For Feej.....

Yeah...that's pretty much how I described it

Filmed outside of Royals stadium

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
24th July 2007 11:40 PM
Fiji Joe Jizzy should have never went to the Yankees game...like they couldn't spot him a mile away

25th July 2007 01:51 PM
lotsajizz you must have me confused with your mistress.....I've made it SOME road games, but never to the belly of the beast

yet

OK
25th July 2007 01:55 PM
gimmekeef Maz's homer travelled over 400 ft in an outdoor park game 7 vs Yankees.Kirby's was 350 ft inside..over a plastic garbage bag.....Nuff said.....
25th July 2007 01:58 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Maz's homer travelled over 400 ft in an outdoor park game 7 vs Yankees.Kirby's was 350 ft inside..over a plastic garbage bag.....Nuff said.....

Not to mention, Kirby weighed twice as much as Mazeroski
25th July 2007 01:59 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Royals take another series from another division leader

Now we get 4 with the Yankees...NY will be humbled

I'm bummed I missed "Pine Tar" Shirt Night.

I really should of stook around for a classy promo like that. Kinda surprised M.Cohl & Co hasnt used this idea and tried selling us "Altamont" t-shirts with replica blood stains.

meanwhile, the Yanks are making the Royals look like... well.. the Royals.
25th July 2007 02:04 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I'm bummed I missed "Pine Tar" Shirt Night.

I really should of stook around for a classy promo like that. Kinda surprised M.Cohl & Co hasnt used this idea and tried selling us "Altamont" t-shirts with replica blood stains.

meanwhile, the Yanks are making the Royals look like... well.. the Royals.

It is unfortunate that the Yankees faced the worst two pitchers on our roster and perhaps the worst two starting pitcher in baseball...Neither Perez or Elarton will pitch in the majors after this year...yet here they are, in our starting rotation

How was Blue Hills?...the chiggers are bad here right now

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
25th July 2007 02:11 PM
Stonesthrow The real answer is of course Kirk Gibson's dramatic walk-off home run in game 1 of the 1988 series. In his only at bat in the series, he pinch hit in the 9th inning with two outs, with the Dodgers behind by a run. If, as expected, he makes out, the Dodgers lose the game and the series (they would have lost the series but for his homer). His homer not only won the game (coming from behind), but also it set the tone for the Dodgers ultimate victory. Mazeroski's homer was the first walk off homer to end a series and was against the hated and heavily favored Spankees. That means a lot. However, if he makes an out, there is still extra innings. Considering that the Dodgers were huge underdogs, that Gibson was pinch hitting in the 9th inning on one leg, and that the Dodgers would have lost if he were unsuccessful, I contend that Gibson's was the most dramatic and important homer in World Series history.

Bucky, Kirby Puckett was a generally nice roly poly guy. Best home run? Get real. You must have been mainlining some of the pond scum from one of your 10,000 lakes.
25th July 2007 02:12 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
How was Blue Hills?...the chiggers are bad here right now

I stunk up the place. My building here has a private driving range and putting tee but its not the same as getting out - which is hard to do in NYC. Combine that with guys that play 9 days a week.... and the 19th couldnt come soon enough

I'm happy to report that my friends there - HUGE Stones fans - bought Brett's old house and its now decorated with B&W prints of Keith & Ronnie
25th July 2007 02:30 PM
sirmoonie The Yankees permanently banned Jim Bouten from Old Timers day, due mainly to his disclosure that Mickey Mantle puked in his glove in center field one day, after a hard night of bashing.
25th July 2007 02:33 PM
Fiji Joe For sheer drama and folklore, nothing beats this clout...the ultimate in backing the smack...he was, quite simply, more myth than man

Ruth just after hitting the ball, and gesturing to the Cubs as he rounds the bases.

There is no dispute over the general events of the moment. All the reports say that the Cubs "bench jockeys" were riding Ruth mercilessly, and that Ruth, rather than ignoring them, was "playing" with them through words and gestures.

The longtime debate is over the nature of one of Ruth's gestures. Did he point to center field, to the pitcher, or, perhaps to the Chicago Cubs bench? Even the films of the at-bat that emerged during the 1990s have not allowed any definitive conclusions.

Charlie Root's first pitch to Ruth was a called strike. Ruth then looked over at the Cubs dugout and raised his right hand, and extended one of his fingers. Root missed with the next two pitches, but the next pitch was a called strike, and the crowd again cheered loudly. Ruth then waved back at the Cubs dugout and held up two fingers. He began to shout at Root, and it is at this point Ruth made a pointing gesture in the direction of Root, center field, or to the Cubs bench.

Root's next pitch was a curveball that Ruth blasted at least 440 feet to the deepest part of center field near the flag pole (some estimates are as high as 490 feet). 440 was the ground distance to the center field corner, actually somewhat right of straightaway center, and in the zone of some of Ruth's deepest hits throughout his career. The ball landed a little bit to the right of the 440 corner and farther back, apparently in the temporary seating in Sheffield Avenue behind the permanent interior bleacher seats. Calling the game over the radio, broadcaster Tom Manning shouted, "The ball is going, going, going, high into the center field stands...and it is a home run!" Ruth himself later described the hit as "past the flagpole" which stood behind the scoreboard and the 440 corner.

Newsreel footage (available in MLB's 100 Years of the World Series) shows that Ruth was crowding the plate and nearly stepped forward out of the batter's box, inches away from risk of being called "out" (Rule 6.06a). The film also shows that as he rounded first base, Ruth looked toward the Cubs dugout and made a waving-off gesture with his left hand; then as he approached third, he made another mocking gesture, a two-armed "push" motion, toward the suddenly quiet Cubs bench. Many reports have claimed that Ruth "thumbed his nose" at the Cubs dugout, but the existing newsreel footage does not show that (if it occurred, it might have been considered vulgar and would have been edited out). Sitting in a box behind home plate, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, soon to be elected 32nd President of the United States, even had a laugh as he watched Ruth round the bases. When he crossed home plate, Ruth could no longer hide his smile, and he was patted by his exuberant teammates when he reached the Yankees dugout.
[Edited by Fiji Joe]
25th July 2007 03:47 PM
sirmoonie The great Joe Pepitone, hanging with Mickey. Pepitone know howe to 'lude with the best of them.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)