ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

The O² Arena, London, 26th August 2007
© JumpingKentFlash - Thanks a lot!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Royals bring the pain at Fenway Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
22nd July 2007 10:39 AM
gimmekeef Steeler QB;'s...remember Bubby Brister?..and they always showed his ugly mom in the stands.....she had a face like a can of crushed assholes...
22nd July 2007 02:09 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Steeler QB;'s...remember Bubby Brister?..and they always showed his ugly mom in the stands.....she had a face like a can of crushed assholes...

Mark Malone - king of the bounce pass......
22nd July 2007 03:45 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The funny thing with Bonds.....he's so hated no one is even mentioning he's passing Aaron with almost 3,000 less at bats....damn thats almost 6 seasons!

Pitchers were busted taking Roids too.
22nd July 2007 05:03 PM
lotsajizz pray telll...and then line the few up against the likes of Sosa, * Bonds * , and McGwire
22nd July 2007 05:33 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Bill "Spaceman" Lee - a white man's Dock Ellis.

minus the acid laced no-hitter and curls

[Edited by aladdinstory]
22nd July 2007 05:44 PM
lotsajizz marijuana on his flapjacks though!
22nd July 2007 05:44 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

This will get you a score on Trivial Pursuit.....

On July 20, 1976, All-Time Home Run King Henry Aaron Hit Homer No. 755 off the Angels' Dick Drago -- the Final HR of His Career

Drago started with the Royals, won 17 for them in like '70 or '71, plus he was Bosox relief ace in '75.
22nd July 2007 05:53 PM
lotsajizz he pitched fine for the Bosox in '78 - '80 as well
22nd July 2007 08:23 PM
Fiji Joe Royals take another series from another division leader

Now we get 4 with the Yankees...NY will be humbled
22nd July 2007 10:20 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

The Jeffersons were recorded.

Poor Joe, took his apperance fee at the close of Three Rivers, and just partied a bit too hard one night............

Joe had a rifle for an arm. Read something recently about him. I cant remember what it said. I must have partied too hard that night.

Old Cliff brings back bad memories.

22nd July 2007 10:22 PM
robpop
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Steeler QB;'s...remember Bubby Brister?..and they always showed his ugly mom in the stands.....she had a face like a can of crushed assholes...

Buddy had problems with the wind blowing in off the lake.
23rd July 2007 12:23 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I can think of many who left...

Pedro Martinez
John Wettland
Vlad Guerrio
What about Vance Law?

Though I am not a fan, what about HOF catcher Gary Carter?
23rd July 2007 12:40 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Soeone explain it to me - I thought the roids were legal when he was skin popping? And he no longer uses (I assume). So where is the disrespect, especially when about half the league was using. Seriously, I'm curious, as I don't follow baseball very much at all.

Anyway, its still a boat load of home runs - he'll get 800 by the end.

Hey, did you guys know that Aaron was not a unanimous HOF choice? Whoever voted NO should be fucking chicken biffed with a slop bucket.

Roids were not legal. They've been illegal to use since 1991, but there was not the ability or inclination to test for them early on. After the 1994 lockout, nobody wanted to test for them since home runs saved MLB from extinction for a while. As far as Bonds is concerned, proof comes from his leaked grand jury testimony, his head which grew to the size of all outdoors, and his deteriorating joints (knees)-- another well known by-product of long term steroid use. While it's not nice or legal to leak grand jury testimony, that does not negate it existence or its truthfulness. If Bonds now tries to say the grand jury testimony was not true, he should be convicted of lying to a grand jury and of obstruction of justice. It worked with Bill Clinton and Scooter Libby. Either way, Bonds is busted.

Nobody, including Aaron, has been a unanimous HOF selection. It's a joke that Tom Seaver has the highest percentage of votes for the hall. If they can't unanimously elect Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Christy Mathewson, Honus Wagner, or Walter Johnson, nobody deserves unanimous election.

[Edited by Stonesthrow]
[Edited by Stonesthrow]
23rd July 2007 12:55 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
The dude shot horse hormones in his ass...and not just to run faster on Kentucky Derby day either...It's not like he was a marginal player cheating to get a paycheck...from all I've read, his reasons for cheating were purely egotistical and racist...he's a friggin' cod piece

It was my understanding that Bonds started because he was jealous that McGwire and Sosa got all the national publicity for their 1998 home run derby. Bonds felt he deserved more, so he saw his way "clear" to "cream" the opposition.

It's interesting the amount of animosity people have for Bonds (not just because of roids, but also for his despicable demeanor). It's my contention that the general public would not be so outraged by the steroid use it it hadn't help to topple cherished records. Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa are only the lightning rods for this ire. Add Rafael ("I never used steroids") Palmeiro (only the 4th player to have 500 home runs and 3000 hits and Eric Gagne (who shattered the consecutive saves record) to that list. There are a bunch of others who have used steroids, but none of them so far have threatened cherished records, so nobody cares as much about them.

By-products of the use and cessation of use of steroids includes unusual increase in head size, eventual reduction in overall body size after cessation, serious deterioration of the body including joints (Barry's knees), and serious mood problems after cessation (though with Barry it's hard to tell since he was an asshole even in college).
23rd July 2007 01:10 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
*ginda wrote:

Scumbag is too flattering. Vick should be sent to prison and tied securely to the "rape table" he used for breeding the poor animals he tortured. If he's not lively enough for the other cons he can be doused with water and given a jolt or two of electricity. No sympathy for that devil in this corner. Not a drop.
[Edited by *ginda]

There are some reports floating about that Vick was not specifically engaged in the dog fights, but that his house was used by long time friends for that purpose. If that is true, would that at all temper your ill will toward Vick, or is guilt by association enough? I also remind you that, Humane Society sympathizers notwithstanding, crimes against dogs don't at this time carry the same weight as similar crimes against humans. Just so we are clear, you know I don't condone the alleged conduct. You especially know Susan, so you know this is a devil's advocate posting.

23rd July 2007 01:19 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Yes, but a lot of his at bats were lost due to pitchers intentionally walking him or unintentionally intentionally walking him...which was rarely done in the first 12+ years of his career...his diminished at bats are a product of his steroid use...Also, I don't recall him ever stepping up to the plate wearing noting but his uniform and a wool cap either...Barry has more armor than our soldiers in Iraq

Aside from being encased in armor, Bonds has another advantages previous generations did not have. Pitchers are not allowed to throw at batters at the risk of being ejected from the game (not so in the old days). Also, regarding intentional walks, Bonds has no legitimate hitters around him to give him any protection. As the only dangerous bat in the lineup, why not walk him? In fact, in a 1998 game against the AZ Diamondbacks, the D-Backs, with a two-run lead in the 9th inning, intentionally walked Bonds with the bases loaded. They got the next guy out and won the game. QED

23rd July 2007 11:32 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:

There are some reports floating about that Vick was not specifically engaged in the dog fights, but that his house was used by long time friends for that purpose. If that is true, would that at all temper your ill will toward Vick, or is guilt by association enough? I also remind you that, Humane Society sympathizers notwithstanding, crimes against dogs don't at this time carry the same weight as similar crimes against humans. Just so we are clear, you know I don't condone the alleged conduct. You especially know Susan, so you know this is a devil's advocate posting.

There are also reports that he wagered on dog fights quite a bit...big money...I don't think there is anyway he couldn't know...and if he didn't, then lock him up anyway for being so rich and so damn stupid

That said, I've never been one to advocate banishment before the courts run their course...if he is acquitted, then so be it...he should play...and then there's Barry...of whom I don't care whether or not he ever tested positive...it's hard to test positive when they don't test for the stuff you're taking...his ever enlarging bulbous head is enough evidence for me...the man has a head like a friggin' dolphin

23rd July 2007 02:23 PM
aladdinstory too bad Junior Griffey became so injury prone especially after arriving in the 'nati, because it would probably be a neck and neck tater race between him and 'ole big head.
23rd July 2007 03:30 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:

Nobody, including Aaron, has been a unanimous HOF selection. It's a joke that Tom Seaver has the highest percentage of votes for the hall. If they can't unanimously elect Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Christy Mathewson, Honus Wagner, or Walter Johnson, nobody deserves unanimous election.

I disagree. You listed a bunch of white guys who never played against blacks or hispanics.

Its ridiculous that Aaron wasn't unanimous - that means one or more people, who profess to know the game, thought about a guy who hit 755 home runs, over 3700 hits, .300 lifetime hitter over 20 plus years, playing in the South during its glory years - and decided he's not good enough for HOF. Its incomprehensible. The freakin' Eagles were a unanimous choice, ffs!
23rd July 2007 03:35 PM
gimmekeef I think any writers that didnt vote for any of those guys should have their credentials and free passes pulled....We're talkin gold standard...Seaver?.....hell he was good...but wouldnt make my alltime 4 man rotation...
23rd July 2007 03:54 PM
aladdinstory
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I disagree. You listed a bunch of white guys who never played against blacks or hispanics.

good to see someone mention this, a far too overlooked fact regarding any ballplayers pre-Jackie R. pre-1948 it was the best white baseball players only. mays should've been a unanimous inductee

as for Seaver in his prime roughly 1967-1979, he definitely deserves to be on any short list of all time great starters, he was dominate for a weak hitting ballclub most of that time, imagine how many wins he missed out on, losing one run games or games with little run support.
23rd July 2007 04:25 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Its ridiculous that Aaron wasn't unanimous - that means one or more people, who profess to know the game, thought about a guy who hit 755 home runs, over 3700 hits, .300 lifetime hitter over 20 plus years, playing in the South during its glory years - and decided he's not good enough for HOF. Its incomprehensible. The freakin' Eagles were a unanimous choice, ffs!

We don't disagree as much as you think. Aaron is my second favorite player of all time. I, too, don't understand how he wasn't a unanimous choice. However, the five players I mentioned from the 1st class of inductees were argubly the greatest position players and pitchers of all time. Every one of them should have been unanimous. Convincing arguments could be made that the stats of the position players were better than Aaron's. They did not have night games or coast to coast travel, but they had other problems to deal with.

The main problem is the reprobate members of the voting community. It has been publicized that at least some members have withheld votes simply because they don't believe that anyone should be unanimous. They must have been swayed by the East German judges.
23rd July 2007 04:25 PM
robpop
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:

It was my understanding that Bonds started because he was jealous that McGwire and Sosa got all the national publicity for their 1998 home run derby. Bonds felt he deserved more, so he saw his way "clear" to "cream" the opposition.

It's interesting the amount of animosity people have for Bonds (not just because of roids, but also for his despicable demeanor). It's my contention that the general public would not be so outraged by the steroid use it it hadn't help to topple cherished records. Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa are only the lightning rods for this ire. Add Rafael ("I never used steroids") Palmeiro (only the 4th player to have 500 home runs and 3000 hits and Eric Gagne (who shattered the consecutive saves record) to that list. There are a bunch of others who have used steroids, but none of them so far have threatened cherished records, so nobody cares as much about them.

By-products of the use and cessation of use of steroids includes unusual increase in head size, eventual reduction in overall body size after cessation, serious deterioration of the body including joints (Barry's knees), and serious mood problems after cessation (though with Barry it's hard to tell since he was an asshole even in college).

Barry did not need that shit to be a great player. The fact is the only reason we are talking about this is because he is going to break the record. How many other players are in the big leagues now who do not have 1/25 the talent that Bonds has? They were border line players who would have never made the big leagues without the juice. They are just as much as a cheater as Bonds, if not more. Bonds did not need that shit to make the hall of fame. While watching him here in Pittsburgh his first 5years or so, the guy could do it all. He should have won 3 MVPS (won 2 that Terry Pendleton from the Braves won...Please). He was a hall a famer without that crap. How many players would have never been a big leaguer without the juice?

I'm not stickin' up for Bonds. I'm just sayin'.

[Edited by robpop]
23rd July 2007 04:34 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
robpop wrote:

Barry did not need that shit to be a great player. The fact is the only reason we are talking about this is because he is going to break the record. How many other players are in the big leagues now who do not have 1/25 the talent that Bonds has? They were border line players who would have never made the big leagues without the juice. They are just as much as a cheater as Bonds, if not more. Bonds did not need that shit to make the hall of fame. While watching him here in Pittsburgh his first 5years or so, the guy could do it all. He should have won 3 MVPS (won 2 that Terry Pendleton from the Braves won...Please). He was a hall a famer without that crap. How many players would have never been a big leaguer without the juice?

I'm not stickin' up for Bonds. I'm just sayin'.

[Edited by robpop]

That is exactly the point I was making in the 2nd sentence of the second paragraph of my post which you quoted.
23rd July 2007 04:37 PM
sirmoonie Thoughts on Eddie Gaedel? Roids would have helped his career immensely. Instead he died a common midget scorned by liberals and conservatives alike.

23rd July 2007 04:37 PM
robpop
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:

That is exactly the point I was making in the 2nd sentence of the second paragraph of my post which you quoted.

Sorry I quoted the wrong person. Glad you feel the same. No need to get angry, it was a simple error.

Please except my appologizes.

Unlike a Bush geek I can admit when I am wrong.

[Edited by robpop]
[Edited by robpop]
23rd July 2007 04:56 PM
Fiji Joe Sure...he was a hall of famer...but I'm not sure he passes Mays without the go go juice
23rd July 2007 05:07 PM
robpop
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Sure...he was a hall of famer...but I'm not sure he passes Mays without the go go juice

My guess is he does not come close to Mays. But the guy was the best in the game during his prime (sure Griff got hurt, also by doing so took his name out of the lime light and roids scandle). I guess we will never know.
23rd July 2007 05:31 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
robpop wrote:

Sorry I quoted the wrong person. Glad you feel the same. No need to get angry, it was a simple error.

Please except my appologizes.

Unlike a Bush geek I can admit when I am wrong.

[Edited by robpop]
[Edited by robpop]

I wasn't angry. I merely pointed out that I had already said that, and that we agreed on that point.
23rd July 2007 05:53 PM
Fiji Joe One wonders how many homers Ruth would have hit had he not wasted the years he did pitching...or Ted Williams if he doesn't lose almost 5 seasons to WW II and the Korean War

The sweetest swing ever captured on film

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)