ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 27th August 2006
© Moffitt with thanks to Moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Girl escapes after being held in cellar for 8 years Return to archive
24th August 2006 07:42 AM
Ten Thousand Motels The Times / August 24, 2006

Girl escapes after being held in cellar for 8 years
By Michael Leidig in Vienna

AN AUSTRIAN girl held prisoner in a cellar for eight years was reunited with her parents last night after making a dramatic dash for freedom.

Police searching for a man suspected of kidnapping Natascha Kampusch and holding her prisoner said that the alleged kidnapper had committed suicide late last night by jumping in front of a train.

Natascha vanished on March 2, 1998, while walking to school in Vienna. She was 10 years old at the time. She reappeared yesterday after leaping out of a black BMW when it was stopped in a routine police roadcheck.

The BMW was caught in traffic in the Deutsch Wagram suburb of the Austrian capital. The delay had been caused by a police routine roadside check a short distance ahead.

Austrian television said that other motorists had raised the alarm when a girl ran from the car and was then seen apparently in some distress in the garden of a house where officers who came to investigate had found her.

Last night Erich Zwettler, a spokesman for Vienna police, confirmed that the teenage girl was “with 98 per cent certainty” Natascha Kampusch, although a DNA test was being carried out. He said that the tests had included an “age progression test” that had been used on pictures of the girl to show how she would look today, and she also been asked questions that only the real Natascha would be able to answer.

Her father, Ludwig Koch, said that he was “overcome” after being told that his daughter had been found. “I can’t believe that after eight desperate years my daughter is finally coming home. If it is true it will be the greatest thing that could possibly be,” he said.

Herr Koch and Natascha’s mother were at the secure location where the teenager was being kept.

Herr Zwettler said that police had chased the BMW across the city but had lost it. It was later found abandoned in a Vienna wood, and the numberplate had been traced to a house in the Donaustadt area of Vienna, which was found abandoned after a police raid.

Last night the house was surrounded by police, and neighbouring homes were evacuated after the teenage girl said that the man had told her that it would explode if he was ever caught. She said that he had not wanted any evidence left to incriminate him.

Bomb disposal squad experts were reported to be at the scene as well as dogs trained to detect explosives. Border control points had also been placed on alert for the 44-year-old man — known only as Wolfgang P. — who is from Lower Austria. It was also revealed that the suspect was someone “who was known to police”.

Police sources said that the alleged kidnapper committed suicide late last night by jumping in front of a train in Vienna, Austrian television said.

The teenager said that she had occasionally been allowed out of the cellar and had been receiving schooling from her captor, and was able to read and write.

Asked why Natascha had not tried to escape in the past, Herr Zwettler said she appeared to have had “Stockholm Syndrome” — a psychological condition in which long-held captives begin to identify with their captors.

Another police source said: “She is white, pale-looking, as if she had been out of the light of day for a long time, but she articulated well.”

Adolf Brenner, the chief of police in Deutsch Wagram, where the teenager was taken after being found, said that she seemed to be in good spirits despite her ordeal but repeatedly said how happy she was to have been freed.
“He seems to have made great efforts to keep her away from the outside world,” he said. “She was allowed limited access to the television and radio, and sometimes she was given videos.”

Austrian media reported that the girl had told police that she had been sexually abused and police were investigating her claims, but the motive for the kidnapping remained unclear.

24th August 2006 07:58 AM
danielharris627 I read about that its pretty scary...
24th August 2006 08:11 AM
egon where's joey?
24th August 2006 10:07 AM
FotiniD Her parents must be unbelievably thrilled.
The bad thing's the poor girl will sure be scarred by all this, perhaps for life.

So many weirdos in this world.
24th August 2006 10:09 AM
jb John Mark Karr 's trousers were hemmed way too high.....
24th August 2006 10:11 AM
glencar I'm glad she's home. Sad story. Random checks can be a good thing!
24th August 2006 10:36 AM
lotsajizz for Germans maybe

24th August 2006 10:42 AM
Starbuck there was an oprah episode on a few years ago that spotlighted this dude - i think he was in the suburbs of NYC - that built a dungeon beneath his garage and kept women prisoner there for years, sexually abusing them all the time. oprah's guests were two of the women, one of whom was held for two years.
24th August 2006 11:16 AM
glencar
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
there was an oprah episode on a few years ago that spotlighted this dude - i think he was in the suburbs of NYC - that built a dungeon beneath his garage and kept women prisoner there for years, sexually abusing them all the time. oprah's guests were two of the women, one of whom was held for two years.

That was near Syracuse. I believe he was defended by Jizzy later on.
24th August 2006 05:44 PM
lotsajizz "even a god-damned warewolf deserves representation"...the Samoan Attorney, Las Vegas 1971
25th August 2006 01:42 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
John Mark Karr 's trousers were hemmed way too high.....

Yes they were >>"Herkeled".......
25th August 2006 02:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The guy dodged the hangman. That's a pity.
25th August 2006 02:17 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:

Yes. And he pulled them up really high too. He is a walking fashion faux pas.
25th August 2006 02:19 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yes. And he pulled them up really high too. He is a walking fashion faux pas.

He also wore no belt making the appearence even more bizarre...his polyster shirt and tie(maroon) on the trip home looked very cheap....
25th August 2006 02:21 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:

He also wore no belt making the appearence even more bizarre...his polyster shirt and tie(maroon) on the trip home looked very cheap....

He looked like a cross between Pat from Saturday Night Live and Mr. Rogers.
[Edited by gypsy]
25th August 2006 02:22 PM
glencar Soon he'll be wearing different clothes.
25th August 2006 02:23 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

[Edited by gypsy]

Funny!!!! WHo is in the avatar?
25th August 2006 02:25 PM
glencar The top guy looks like oldkr!
25th August 2006 02:25 PM
gimmekeef I still think its not him......
25th August 2006 02:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gypsy wrote:

both are also pedophiles, no?
25th August 2006 02:28 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I still think its not him......

Oh ,it's not him...but he needs to be locked up 4ever.
25th August 2006 02:34 PM
Scottfree
quote:
jb wrote:

How'd you get past his hair to notice his trousers?
25th August 2006 03:06 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Scottfree wrote:

How'd you get past his hair to notice his trousers?

25th August 2006 03:12 PM
gypsy
quote:
jb wrote:

Funny!!!! WHo is in the avatar?

Some model. I don't know her name. I was making icons/avatars, and came across her photo, and thought it would make a pretty avatar.
25th August 2006 03:15 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Some model. I don't know her name. I was making icons/avatars, and came across her photo, and thought it would make a pretty avatar.

Gypsy ..........................

I just took my afternoon shit !

...are you proud of me ?!?!

Kins.

25th August 2006 03:19 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gypsy ..........................

I just took my afternoon shit !

...are you proud of me ?!?!

Kins.

I'm as proud of you as Tina Jordan is of her daughter as she frolics on the lawn of the Playboy Mansion on Easter Sunday.
25th August 2006 03:20 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I'm as proud of you as Tina Jordan is of her daughter as she frolics on the lawn of the Playboy Mansion on Easter Sunday.

There was a picture of Tina and her daughter in last months Playboy ....... I believe the daughter is ' mixed ' .
25th August 2006 03:23 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

There was a picture of Tina and her daughter in last months Playboy ....... I believe the daughter is ' mixed ' .

Yes. I saw it. It was from Easter Sunday. That kid looks like Lou Ferrigno.
25th August 2006 03:29 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yes. I saw it. It was from Easter Sunday. That kid looks like Lou Ferrigno.

W- W- W- What ?!

www.TinaJordan.com

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)