ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 27th August 2006
© Moffitt with thanks to Moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Moonlight Mile Live From San Jose Return to archive
23rd August 2006 01:51 PM
Gimme Shelter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eLIfEvJsP0
23rd August 2006 01:52 PM
jb not very good...
23rd August 2006 01:54 PM
Some Guy cool...
23rd August 2006 02:11 PM
RollingstonesUSA I have that on dvd somehwere....
23rd August 2006 02:12 PM
Saint Sway I love that song. that was cool to watch. Cool perspective. That guy had a great view. Pretty close.

That was when their "OnStage" seating was actually right behind the stage and was the cheapest ticket in the house!!! $45 I think??? Now the seats are $450 and are way up above the stage. You cant even see Charlie now - he's completed obstructed. The sound up there sucks. And the band look like ants.

more and more lately I'm thinking the No Security tour was their coolest since 81.
23rd August 2006 02:14 PM
jb Very weak version imo...Mick cannot sing this...very similar to his weak version of Sway.
23rd August 2006 02:16 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Very weak version imo...Mick cannot sing this...very similar to his weak version of Sway.

I saw them do this song 3 times - Oakland, Anaheim 1 and San Jose 2. Oakland was the best and possibly one of the top 3 Stones shows I have ever seen. San Jose 2 was totally rushed and not all that good.

And the behind the stage seats were awesome. Cheap, close to the band, perfect view, the band played to the seats behind that stage. Was very disappointed when they started blocking out those seats in 2002.
23rd August 2006 02:18 PM
jb My friend bought the behind the stage tickets for like $100 bucks down here...he was very close.
23rd August 2006 02:27 PM
aladdinstory it was going fine but just before the extended coda, kinda fell apart, like they didn't know where to take it, definitely sounded rushed from that point on. i'm sure just seeing it live would've been excitement enough at the time. not bad though for a (then) 18 yr old song, only performed once or twice before. mick was in fine voice throughout, could've found more vocal emotion for the last part of the song though.
23rd August 2006 02:41 PM
Dan
quote:
aladdinstory wrote:
it was going fine but just before the extended coda, kinda fell apart, like they didn't know where to take it, definitely sounded rushed from that point on. i'm sure just seeing it live would've been excitement enough at the time. not bad though for a (then) 18 yr old song, only performed once or twice before. mick was in fine voice throughout, could've found more vocal emotion for the last part of the song though.

Towards the end of the tour he would even sleepwalk through Some Girls with none of the vocal intensity that was present earlier in the tour.
23rd August 2006 02:45 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Dan wrote:

Towards the end of the tour he would even sleepwalk through Some Girls with none of the vocal intensity that was present earlier in the tour.

Why did he change the words to you know what....
23rd August 2006 03:05 PM
Dan
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Why did he change the words to you know what....

I think it had to do with the divorce and paternity suits he was going through at the time.
23rd August 2006 03:05 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

more and more lately I'm thinking the No Security tour was their coolest since 81.

Possibly, but it was also when Ronnie really started to spiral downward -- and when Cohl/Jagger first experimented with $300 premium seats. Fan-friendliness and playing ability have gone down the pooper with each subsequent tour.
23rd August 2006 04:58 PM
texile
quote:
Dan wrote:

I think it had to do with the divorce and paternity suits he was going through at the time.

yeah, misery makes great rock and roll.....
23rd August 2006 05:20 PM
Michael Cohl In Canada, we call it Moonlight Kilometer.
23rd August 2006 05:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eLIfEvJsP0

Looks like its taken from the "Bridges to security" DVD of previously uncirculated footage that Jimmy Whitley offered here a couple of years ago to raise funds for the widow of the guy who filmed it.
23rd August 2006 09:32 PM
Soldatti I love that tour, it was one of the best.
24th August 2006 01:16 AM
Lethargy Jagger is a better guitarist than Woody.
24th August 2006 02:42 AM
Poplar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
No Security tour was their coolest since 81.

Great tour.

24th August 2006 02:47 AM
Dan Saw them 7 times that tour. Oakland, Denver, Sacramento 2, Anaheim 1 & 2, San Jose 1 & 2.

First times I hung out with people I met first on the internet. Made a lot of friends that year.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)