ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 27th August 2006
© Moffitt with thanks to Moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Glagow - Sheffield -Cardiff cancelled ? Return to archive
23rd August 2006 12:12 PM
phd Apparently the 3 remaining UK gigs are cancelled due to Mick laryngitis. Can someone confirm.Thanks. Was going to pack from Paris with 2 of my sons for Sheffield.
23rd August 2006 12:13 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
phd wrote:
Apparently the 3 remaining UK gigs are cancelled due to Mick laryngitis. Can someone confirm.Thanks. Was going to pack from Paris with 2 of my sons for Sheffield.

Gazza told me last night that rumour was Glascow being in danger.
23rd August 2006 12:18 PM
jb I am sorry for the fans, but this was not unexpected...
23rd August 2006 12:22 PM
telecaster Europe is getting Omaha'd between Keiths head and Micks voice
23rd August 2006 12:26 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Europe is getting Omaha'd between Keiths head and Micks voice

I would suggest poor sales has a bit to do with these shows as well....very sad for some of our Euro fans.
23rd August 2006 12:27 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

I would suggest poor sales has a bit to do with these shows as well....very sad for some of our Euro fans.

I had a feeling you would say that jb
23rd August 2006 12:38 PM
Dan
quote:
telecaster wrote:

I had a feeling you would say that jb

I think he may be right. These are the sales figures from 1999 back when ticket prices were still somewhat reasonable for stadium shows. Even though gross is up, actual people through the gates are down in most markets:

June 4 Murrayfield Stadium Edinburgh, Scotland, UK 44,300
June 6 Don Valley Staduim Sheffield, England, UK 32,400

23rd August 2006 12:51 PM
tumblingdice01 Has there been any confirmation from anyone official??? I was supposed to be going to Sheffield!
23rd August 2006 03:11 PM
Gazza I dont see how they could possibly cancel shows due to laryngitis as far ahead as one week. They simply dont do that.

Mick sounded ok to me last night. he has 2 nights off before Glasgow so hopefully he'll be ok. I cant see how Sheffield or Cardiff can be commented on until near the day of either show.
23rd August 2006 03:15 PM
Your Cousin Lou This guy makes 1 post saying shows are cancelled due to a day-to-day medical condition? I call bullshit all over this.
23rd August 2006 04:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I dont see how they could possibly cancel shows due to laryngitis as far ahead as one week.

never underestimate M. Cohl.
23rd August 2006 05:14 PM
Gazza I should clarify that I did mean cancelling a show "legitimately"!

Could be a new twist on the "we arent able to transport our equipment across from England in time" excuse they used in 1990 to cancel Dublin - several weeks in advance.
[Edited by Gazza]
23rd August 2006 05:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Could be a new twist on the "we arent able to transport our equipment across from England in time" excuse they used in 1990 to cancel Dublin - several weeks in advance.

maybe they just got caught in some really bad traffic...

remember, Mapquest hadnt yet been invented.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)