ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 27th August 2006
© Moffitt with thanks to Moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Q: Tonights show cancelled...? (DON'T PANIC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd August 2006 10:36 AM
egon Partydollmeg texted me from london,
asking wether I heard rumors that tonight's show is cancelled....

Anyone else hear something about this?

Again, i ONLY heard this from ONE PERSON, so do not start to panic.
[Edited by egon]
22nd August 2006 11:43 AM
Madafaka Really? I didn't hear anything about that.
22nd August 2006 12:41 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Me neither. Nothing yet.
22nd August 2006 12:44 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
egon wrote:
do not start to panic.
[Edited by egon]

22nd August 2006 12:47 PM
Jeep I remember that same rumor happened in London just hours before the show in 2003.
Bullshit.
22nd August 2006 01:01 PM
MrPleasant Posted on Mon, Aug. 21, 2006

Gibson declines rabbi's offer to apologize to Jews

This might not be the newsiest or most surprising day around People Central. Madonna didn't get in trouble. Mel Gibson isn't talking. And rapper C-Murder is in trouble for ... you guessed it.

So let's start with Gibson, who turned down an offer to publicly apologize to Los Angeles Jews on holy day Yom Kippur for anti-Semitic comments he made last month, according to IMDb.com. Rabbi David Baron invited the actor to speak with his Temple of the Arts congregation to prove he isn't anti-Semitic. Gibson made anti-Jewish comments to a traffic cop during an arrest for suspicion of drunken driving in Malibu last month.

Baron told Web site Tmz.com he has since been contacted by Gibson's publicist, who thanked him for his offer, but declined. "I was told Mr. Gibson is deeply involved in personal work, which includes rehab, therapy and counseling for alcoholism," he said.

Don't worry, rabbi. One of those 12 steps involves celebrities apologizing to the thousands upon thousands of people they don't remember offending. He'll come around.

Baron is still not willing to give up on the movie star, extending the offer to a later date. He's also volunteered to join with a group of Jewish leaders dedicated to educate Gibson about the dangers of anti-Semitism.

MADGE STAYS OUT OF TROUBLE: German prosecutors have decided against opening an investigation into the mock crucifixion scene performed by Madonna at her weekend concert.

A crowd of about 45,000 packed Dusseldorf's LTU Arena on Sunday night to watch the first of two German concerts on the singer's worldwide "Confessions" tour. The scene -- in which 48-year-old Madonna rises from the stage on a mirrored cross while wearing a crown of fake thorns, singing "Live to Tell" -- drew criticism from religious leaders in Italy earlier this month, who condemned it as an act of hostility toward the Roman Catholic Church.

Now, we may be ignorant around these parts. But we sure don't remember that song saying anything about Catholics.

Anyway, Dusseldorf prosecutors said last week they'd monitor reports about the concert. Spokesman Johannes Mocken said Monday that while the concert stunt might be "hurtful to religious people," there was no indication of a criminal offense. Mocken said the scene was covered by laws protecting artistic freedom.

STONES ROLLING BACK TO BAY: Remember when Stones shows used to be a big deal, when people thought they'd actually retire some day, or weren't immortal or something?

Nope. The Stones will play McAfee Coliseum in Oakland on Nov. 5, with Van Morrison as a support act. Tickets, which range from $60-$150, go on sale at 10 a.m. Monday at Ticketmaster outlets. Call 925-685-8497 or go to www.ticketmaster.com. Limited student discounts are available and a $20 discount for the $99 seats is also available to those buying tickets online.

IF HE SET FIRES, HE'D BE CALLED C-ARSON: The rap artist once known as C-Murder has been ordered back into house arrest to await a second trial on a murder charge.

Louisiana's 5th Circuit Court of Appeal ruled last week that a judge improperly allowed C-Murder, aka Corey Miller, to move around Orleans and Jefferson parishes with a curfew. State District Judge Martha Sassone, who freed Miller from house arrest, issued an order Thursday requiring him to stay home except for court hearings.

Prosecutors opposed letting Miller out of house arrest, saying he had already violated terms of his release, and wanted him to return to jail. Miller, 35, is charged with second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of Steve Thomas, 16, on Jan. 12, 2002, during a fight at a now-closed nightclub in Harvey.

A jury convicted Miller, who faced a mandatory life prison sentence without parole, but a judge threw out the conviction after ruling that prosecutors hid from the defense team the fact that some prosecution witnesses had criminal backgrounds. Miller has since changed his stage name to C-Miller. Go figure.

Today's People Column was compiled by Tony Hicks from staff and news service reports. Comments? Write to us c/o the Times, P.O. Box 8099, Walnut Creek, CA 94596-8099. Or call 925-943-8262, fax 925-943-8265, or e-mail [email protected].

MILESTONES

Birthdays: Author Ray Bradbury (86), Retired Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf (72), ABC newsman Morton Dean (71), Baseball Hall of Famer Carl Yastrzemski (67), actress Valerie Harper (66), football coach Bill Parcells (65), CBS newsman Steve Kroft (61), actress Cindy Williams (59), rock musician Vernon Reid (48), rock singer Roland Orzabal of Tears For Fears (45), rock musician Debbi Peterson of the Bangles (45), singer-songwriter Tori Amos (43), R&B musician James DeBarge (43), tennis player Mats Wilander (42), rapper GZA/the Genius (40), rock musician Paul Doucette of Matchbox Twenty (34), rap-reggae singer Beenie Man (33), singer Howie Dorough of Backstreet Boys (33), actress Jenna Leigh Green (32), rock musician Jeff Stinco of Simple Plan (28).

22nd August 2006 01:02 PM
egon all systems go

gazza & meg with backstage passes... backstage!
22nd August 2006 01:53 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Just got a Gazza report: 2night show is on, but Glascow seems to be in danger!
22nd August 2006 01:54 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Just got a Gazza report: 2night show is on, but Glascow (rumour) seems to be in danger!

22nd August 2006 02:30 PM
pdog Backstage? For real?
22nd August 2006 02:31 PM
LadyJane
quote:
egon wrote:
all systems go

gazza & meg with backstage passes... backstage!

I'll be damned.

ROCC RULES!!!!!!!!

LJ.
22nd August 2006 03:08 PM
PiotrRS
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Just got a Gazza report: 2night show is on, but Glascow seems to be in danger!

??? I don't understand it. It sounds stupid. Unless his doctors can predict the future. If Mick's throat was not Ok they would not be ON stage. I don't believe that if his throat was not OK, they would say: "it's not OK, but go ON tonight and than it's going to get even worse so we cancel Glasgow". sounds stupid. is really what gazza wrote?
Glasgow can't be off. fuck, please....
22nd August 2006 03:14 PM
Saint Sway Micks fine.

poor ticket sales = sore throat, no?
22nd August 2006 03:14 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
PiotrRS wrote:

??? I don't understand it. It sounds stupid. Unless his doctors can predict the future. If Mick's throat was not Ok they would not be ON stage. I don't believe that if his throat was not OK, they would say: "it's not OK, but go ON tonight and than it's going to get even worse so we cancel Glasgow". sounds stupid. is really what gazza wrote?
Glasgow can't be off. fuck, please....

I dunno. It is what Gazza just told me.
22nd August 2006 03:15 PM
PiotrRS
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Micks fine.

NO.

and we need Gazza to elaborate on Glasgow. What did he mean? is this just his prediction? the thread title is saying "DON'T PANIC" but I can't help it somehow, I leave to Glasgow tommorow night...
[Edited by PiotrRS]
22nd August 2006 03:17 PM
Joey
quote:
PiotrRS wrote:

NO.

and we need Gazza to elaborate on Glasgow. What did he mean? is this just his prediction? the thread title is saying "DON'T PANIC" but I can't help it somehow, I leave to Glasgow tommorow night...
[Edited by PiotrRS]

This is very disturbing and not good news for gross .
22nd August 2006 03:20 PM
PiotrRS but logically if Glasgow was in danger already TODAY it would mean Mick's is not OK today, so why Twicks would be ON? It won't change a fact I will be scared about this gig being OFF till 2 hours before the show...
22nd August 2006 03:21 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
PiotrRS wrote:

we need Gazza to elaborate on Glasgow. What did he mean? is this just his prediction? the thread title is saying "DON'T PANIC" but I can't help it somehow, I leave to Glasgow tommorow night...

I advise you to cancel your trip and stay locked on online reading msg board rumors and trembling in fear for the next 48 hours
22nd August 2006 03:22 PM
pdog Isn't tonight show number 2000, or have the cancelled shows fucked this number up?
22nd August 2006 03:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
PiotrRS wrote:
but logically if Glasgow was in danger already TODAY it would mean Mick's is not OK today, so why Twicks would be ON? It won't change a fact I will be scared about this gig being OFF till 2 hours before the show...

as well you should!!!!!

its obviously a condition worse than they are allegedly reporting!

but DON'T PANIC.... I'm sure they will promise to reschedule the show for 2007 or 2008
22nd August 2006 03:26 PM
PiotrRS
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I advise you to cancel your trip and stay locked on online reading msg board rumors and trembling in fear for the next 48 hours

NO WAY! )) Stones fans don't give up that easy !
22nd August 2006 03:29 PM
telecaster
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Micks fine.

Maybe Chris Robinson can fly in, sing for The Stones and save the day being the Superman that he is
22nd August 2006 03:32 PM
Joey " Maybe Chris Robinson can fly in, sing for The Stones and save the day being the Superman that he is ... "

22nd August 2006 03:51 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Maybe Chris Robinson can fly in, sing for The Stones and save the day being the Superman that he is

CONGRATULATIONS TELE ON YOUR 100th UNFUNNY CHRIS ROBINSON JOKE!!!

You are the Jay Leno of the Rocks Off Message Board.
22nd August 2006 04:15 PM
telecaster
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS TELE ON YOUR 100th UNFUNNY CHRIS ROBINSON JOKE!!!

You are the Jay Leno of the Rocks Off Message Board.

Thank you

Congrats on your 10,000 negative post about The Stones

You are the Howard Dean of the RO message board
22nd August 2006 04:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
telecaster wrote:

You are the Howard Dean of the RO message board

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Thanks Jay! I mean, um, Tele. Its been a few years since we all heard a good Howard Dean joke.

truly cutting edge stuff Jay!
22nd August 2006 04:26 PM
BONOISLOVE I'll humbly be the Christ of RO. I know that you're dying to see me half naked in a cross.
23rd August 2006 03:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
PiotrRS wrote:

NO.

[Edited by PiotrRS]

what I heard earlier in the day was "tonights show or Glasgow could be cancelled", which is slightly different. Obviously, the show went ahead - and if Mick has voice problems, then I personally cant see how anyone could have known going by his performance.

I think a condition like this is a day-to-day thing. I can only assume that as twickenham #2 went ahead ok, Glasgow should be ok too..it helps that he has an extra days rest.
23rd August 2006 04:02 PM
jb Oakland hates the Stones.
23rd August 2006 04:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
Isn't tonight show number 2000, or have the cancelled shows fucked this number up?

Twickenham #2 was (according to my figures) show #2,000. It originally should have been Athens, then with the rescheduled itinerary it would have been El Ejido.

It was also my 40th, so I have been to exactly 2% of all the concerts the Stones have played - so its easy for everyone to work out their own %..LOL

Incidentally, they reached 1,000 shows as far back as 1967, so its taken quite a while to complete the second thousand.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)