ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Don Valley Stadium, Sheffield, 27th August 2006
© Moffitt with thanks to Moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith richards and the faces 1974 Return to archive
21st August 2006 01:17 PM
duck http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWvkt5b6wHE
21st August 2006 01:41 PM
Mel Belli Don't take this the wrong way, but Rod's ass looks huge in those tights.
21st August 2006 01:41 PM
jb Shit, we lost the British gross that year!!!!
21st August 2006 02:38 PM
Bruno 100% WORTHY SEEING:

Holy shit, hear Ronnie at the beggining (and along) of this, the style, the distortion.... GREAT! It´s umbeliveable how he declined.... hard to admit he once played like this when you see him today. These are the times I wish I could play guitar this way.

The Faces, I´m Losing You:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4PXMCCTMwM&mode=related&search=

THAT is distortion! Go Ronnie Go!

God, great performance... I love this song
[Edited by Bruno]
21st August 2006 04:04 PM
polytoxic Holy crap you ain't kiddin'. That is distortion, and solid rhythm.
Man, Woody did rock large back in the day.
21st August 2006 04:07 PM
Saint Sway Over the years, Woody's guitar skills have diminished incredibly.

his hopping around and waving, however, is top notch.
21st August 2006 04:35 PM
MidnightRambler I think going from The Faces to The Rolling Stones was the problem. From being a crucial and dependent member of The Faces, in performance and in writing to going to the bottom of the list after Mick, Keith, Charlie and Bill...Ronnie's playing suffered because he wasn't making orders anymore..just following them.

When you've got Mick and Keith on stage next to him...he hasn't taken playing THAT much seriously considering there wasn't so much weight on his shoulders anymore...
21st August 2006 04:50 PM
Saint Sway my theory, and its difficult to dispute, is that Woody is completely shot. Spent. Useless.
21st August 2006 04:57 PM
MrPleasant Ronnie should stop painting. Ever seen Clapton diddling with a pencil?
21st August 2006 04:58 PM
MRD8 What a load of horse shit...in the Faces Ronnie had no one to fall back on...no backup musicians...same as Keith in the pre-Cohl Stones era...watch the Stones video's prior to '89...Keith is as big a poser as Ronnie now...he's only a shadow of what he once was as well!
21st August 2006 04:59 PM
Woodywouldiffycould
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Over the years, Woody's guitar skills have diminished incredibly.

his hopping around and waving, however, is top notch.

Sad, matey, but from what I've seen, probably true. I saw them at Brixton a while back - Ronnie was ace - (I first saw them in the early 70s) and I'm a Faces devotee.

Sir Ronwold to me is, can be, one of the sweetest players you could ever hear. I've many a memory of him (Faces and Stones) playing something exquisite. I could go on......And I love his songs.

Went to see him at Hammersmith with Bo Diddley, took a lot of people with me, promising something special, but he was crap. I was near the front and at one point Bo was urging "Play Ronnie, Play!" I could go on....

Far too much hopping and waving these days.

I'm off to Twickers tomorrow with my 7 year old son. I'll try to get back on how he plays.

My fingers are crossed.
21st August 2006 05:01 PM
gustavobala
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Ronnie should stop painting. Ever seen Clapton diddling with a pencil?

LOL

21st August 2006 05:10 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
gustavobala wrote:

LOL

Now that's a work of art. I'd hang it in my bedroom, next to my Macca. In fact, I particularly enjoy Clapton's album covers: Ocean Avenue, No Reason To Cry, Backless, etc. I even bought Coffee And Cigarrettes because I liked the presentation so much.

But I'm definitely not buying August.
21st August 2006 05:13 PM
Woodywouldiffycould
quote:
MidnightRambler wrote:
I think going from The Faces to The Rolling Stones was the problem. From being a crucial and dependent member of The Faces, in performance and in writing to going to the bottom of the list after Mick, Keith, Charlie and Bill...Ronnie's playing suffered because he wasn't making orders anymore..just following them.

When you've got Mick and Keith on stage next to him...he hasn't taken playing THAT much seriously considering there wasn't so much weight on his shoulders anymore...

Not strictly true IMHO. He's contributed vast amounts to the Stones catalogue that hasn't been recognised properly.

I think they're sticking with him till he gets 'sorted.'

Keef and Ron are awesome when they're 'together'. Ron is, I hope, finding his way back.

He can play. Mark my words.
21st August 2006 10:56 PM
mrhipfl I have a feeling the poster above me is mr. Ron Wood himself. word.
22nd August 2006 10:00 AM
gustavobala
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Now that's a work of art. I'd hang it in my bedroom, next to my Macca. In fact, I particularly enjoy Clapton's album covers: Ocean Avenue, No Reason To Cry, Backless, etc. I even bought Coffee And Cigarrettes because I liked the presentation so much.

But I'm definitely not buying August.

was just a joke, mrP.

bye
22nd August 2006 11:30 PM
sammy davis jr. Keith should've joined the Faces
23rd August 2006 05:38 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Keith should've joined the Faces

What a cool band it would have been!!
the New Barbarians were a kind of Faces with Keef.
Those Faces videos show how strong they were.
Rod was great too , even in yellow pants!
23rd August 2006 06:34 AM
kmc for those who haven't seen the "Sweet Little RnR" video before, the You Tube version is chopped. Misses out on Keith's solo.

23rd August 2006 08:48 AM
corgi37 It all looks like so much fun.
23rd August 2006 09:33 AM
rocker i like the intensity in Keiths face
23rd August 2006 02:11 PM
gustavobala this dvd are great!

take look at to the guy is so fine, like a you can make me dance, sing or anything and i can feel the fire!!
23rd August 2006 02:12 PM
jb Rod sucks big time...b ut Woody and Keith actually knew how to play back then....
23rd August 2006 09:20 PM
Soldatti Awesome video, Ronnie at his peak.
23rd August 2006 10:06 PM
duck I agree
23rd August 2006 10:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Shit, we lost the British gross that year!!!!

The decision to not play any shows at all proved fatal!
24th August 2006 09:26 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The decision to not play any shows at all proved fatal!

Funny!!! But did yoiu see the video and the taunting "1974 British Gross" caption? I was enraged.
24th August 2006 09:34 AM
Gazza I would imagine that ANY act who played 21 shows in Britain would top the gross, as thats a large number for a small country.

Cant see how youre enraged. The Stones didnt play a single gig anywhere in 1974. Are you suggesting the 'top gross' charts should be suspended for all years that the Stones are inactive? No Stones tour in 1974, no Led Zep tour either.
24th August 2006 09:37 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I would imagine that ANY act who played 21 shows in Britain would top the gross, as thats a large number for a small country.

Cant see how youre enraged. The Stones didnt play a single gig anywhere in 1974. Are you suggesting the 'top gross' charts should be suspended for all years that the Stones are inactive? No Stones tour in 1974, no Led Zep tour either.

I would like you to write to that paper and report that most of the stadium was full and to please retract that nasty report....The NA sales, rather than the London shows, are in fact, abysmal.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)