ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Jagger by Mazur
© Kevin Mazur/Wire Image with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Start Me Up will NEVER go Return to archive
August 26th, 2005 12:45 PM
Too Tough Why? For the same reasson Honky Tonk Woman will never go-because it's one of their biggest hits. In fact, it was their last genuine radio/chart hit, and it's 24 years old! It's much too obvious a choice for an opener at this point, I agree (and Keith said something similar back in 2003), but except for a club show Start Me Up will always be in the setlist. You may feel they've played it enough, but how many times has Satisfaction been played? You may think the song sucks, but your opinion clearly doesn't reflect the many other tens of thousands of people who go nuts for the song (many of whom were the ones who made it a hit int he first place). As dedicated, crazed fans, we know all the obscure songs and we all have ones we'd like to hear in place of the "greatest hits". But the vast majority of fans in an arena or stadium show will be let down if the band in question (remember, the Stones are hardly the first, last or only band to reconize there are certain songs they MUST play based on their status as "hits") omits them.

Start Me Up is here to stay.
August 26th, 2005 12:48 PM
T&A You have a tremendous grasp of the obvious
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)